Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitDeadlift Suits

Deadlift Suits

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Tom_Martin said:
NOT getting 10kg out of a deadlift suit is nothing to be ashamed of.

I'd be furious!
I dont now what i lift raw tbh but i love the speed my suit gives me !
mikehowarth said:
I'd be furious!

until I started hammering my lockout, I got maybe 5kg out of it... as my lockout got stronger my equipped deadlif went up, but without testing my unequipped max, I'd be hesitant to say I'm getting more than 10kg now.

With 70kg I was testing out my repaird suit. As I got my 2nd hand on the bar, it popped off the floor about an inch literally just from me pulling myself down to the bar. For some reason it just doesn't make that much difference to the whole lift though
shanejer
Tom_Martin said:
until I started hammering my lockout, I got maybe 5kg out of it... as my lockout got stronger my equipped deadlif went up, but without testing my unequipped max, I'd be hesitant to say I'm getting more than 10kg now.
With 70kg I was testing out my repaird suit. As I got my 2nd hand on the bar, it popped off the floor about an inch literally just from me pulling myself down to the bar. For some reason it just doesn't make that much difference to the whole lift though

Thing with kenny is he is fast off the floor but his lock out is harder, i think the suit is bad for him as it makes the lock out even harder.

?? True or not? I never used one
shanejer said:
Thing with kenny is he is fast off the floor but his lock out is harder, i think the suit is bad for him as it makes the lock out even harder.
?? True or not? I never used one

true for me, exactly the same. just have to get stronger at lockout and do all your lockout work in the suit
Tom_Martin said:
true for me, exactly the same. just have to get stronger at lockout and do all your lockout work in the suit

Spot on tom couldnt agree more im exactly the same ! Lockouts a b**ch but speed is awesome
lil_lee
i get a awesome pop when i use bad form... now i have sorted it the pop isnt so great but the lift as a whole is better ad im still gtttin 30/20 kg out of it...
lil_lee said:i get a awesome pop when i use bad form... now i have sorted it the pop isnt so great but the lift as a whole is better ad im still gtttin 30/20 kg out of it...

son of a b**ch....
shanejer said:
Kennys pulled 280 raw failed 290 in a suit....

I dont know about this until now, but at the comp 240 for reps he got 9 which was a big pb for him in his suit and it seemed to work well for him
RyanH said:
I dont know about this until now, but at the comp 240 for reps he got 9 which was a big pb for him in his suit and it seemed to work well for him

240 isn't heavy enough to make lock out a problem?
Tom_Martin said:
240 isn't heavy enough to make lock out a problem?

He should get so much speed from 240 he can put it overhead haha i think it only starts making lockout harder around the 300 mark maybe 290
bignige1986 said:
He should get so much speed from 240 he can put it overhead haha i think it only starts making lockout harder around the 300 mark maybe 290

I agree, by nature a deadlift suit should make the biggest difference to those with low deadlifts. It's not like you can keep wacking on a tighter suit as you get stronger. You're pretty much stuck with whatever you can grab the bar with, and that's going to be the same if you dadlift 100kg or 400kg.
MrSmall
Speed will always trump a slow lockout
MrSmall said:Speed will always trump a slow lockout

yep, and lower numbers will ALWAYS get more speed from a deadlift suit. 70kg literally lifts itself off the floor ffs...but that same suit would barely make a dint in a 400kg deadlift...
Ok so basically im going for metal no idea what size to go for? i am 90-95kg anyone?

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitDeadlift Suits
Return to top View Desktop Site