REGISTER
 

Big Silly Training Journal

Closed This thread has been closed by a moderator. Replies are no longer possible.

12345678910 ... ... 2324252627282930313233

purplepaulIcon...31-01-2007 @ 19:58 
Avatar
has free and readily available gothic porn
Member 29, 1088 posts
SQ 1, BP 100, DL 200
301.0 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
Originally posted by Big_silly_man_Dan...
Originally posted by purplepaul...
you mean you went to tgyipt and didn't bring back loads of stuffConfused
i would of had 5 suitcases full lol


Aye, we went to Hurghada and there was nothing there ! The Hotel was miles from anywhere mate Angry
However I did bring back an excellent dose of the s**ts, which has so far lasted me over a week ! Thats value for money that is !!!


thats well s**t mateEek
BoarIcon...31-01-2007 @ 22:06 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
see you on friday mate
Big_silly_man_DanIcon...01-02-2007 @ 18:43 
Avatar
sold boar a shit car
Member 27, 209 posts
SQ 220, BP 170, DL 240
630.0 kgs @ 119kgs UnEq
Aye 7.30 JW.
Sounds like your legs might be a bit sore for Squats but I need to do them.
BoarIcon...01-02-2007 @ 18:47 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
no, im gonna do some dan mate - im not doing shoulder press, probably some GM's with the same bar.

did i miss your benchpress write-up big lad ??????Wink
Big_silly_man_DanIcon...02-02-2007 @ 21:01 
Avatar
sold boar a shit car
Member 27, 209 posts
SQ 220, BP 170, DL 240
630.0 kgs @ 119kgs UnEq
Strange session tonight.
Leg Press, never done before, 140kgx8, 180kgx8, 220kgx8, 260kgx8, 300kgx3. Bit disappointed because Jonny did 8 reps at 300kg and I just couldn't.
Overhead Press, 60kgx8, 70kgx8, 80kgx6, 90kgx1 - mystified by this ! I was going for 5 !!!
Bench Press, 100kgx6, 120kgx5, 130kgx1 - again, total disbelief but number two just wasn't happening. I was going for 4 or 5 then moving on to 140kg !

I'm very confused because Mondays session was a good 'un and I was convinced the rest had done me good. And then today I do this. I have searched my head for a reason why and really don't have one. The best I can come up with is that I've had three early starts in a row, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday but didn't feel tired at the Gym, so don't think it's that.

I guess we'll see what Monday brings, I'm tempted to switch back to 5x5.
RobIcon...02-02-2007 @ 21:04 
Avatar
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk
Member 1, 7174 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205
497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Administrator
Dan I think the reason is probably because a long rest can often be very beneficial for the deadlift (i.e. lifters will often stop going heavy 3 weeks before their comp) - whereas with bench press etc. lifters will often work up to their opener a week beforehand.

Basically I think that you retain a lot more of your pulling strength than pressing if you have a few weeks off.
BoarIcon...02-02-2007 @ 21:13 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
Post Edited: 02.02.2007 @ 21:14 PM
LOL, he doesnt mention that on the 3rd 300kg legpress he nearly got squashed and the mighty boar, the boar the boar, the mighty boar, had to push it up a tweak












tweak = 80%Grin

see ya monday dan, rob, nice one, i will find it tough to back off the dead but may well have my last heavy session and 10 days 'no dead' befor compy
Big_silly_man_DanIcon...03-02-2007 @ 16:04 
Avatar
sold boar a shit car
Member 27, 209 posts
SQ 220, BP 170, DL 240
630.0 kgs @ 119kgs UnEq
Thanks Rob, that could well be it mate. I guess time will tell if I get my strength back over the next two or three weeks. One thing is for sure, I'm gonna get back to a 5x5 and do some good solid work for a while.

Jonny, I saw no reason to tell the whole world about their favourite Super Hero getting squashed under a "mere" 300kg ! All their illusions would be shattered...you just broke all their hearts you evil man Eek
P.S. Thanks for saving my life PMSL.

See you Monday.
purplepaulIcon...03-02-2007 @ 17:26 
Avatar
has free and readily available gothic porn
Member 29, 1088 posts
SQ 1, BP 100, DL 200
301.0 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
i always put my hands infront of my knees
when im heavy leg pressing and if it doesn't look like its going up
i'll push my knees with my hands and it goes up
thus no need for a mighty boar
Big_silly_man_DanIcon...04-02-2007 @ 14:54 
Avatar
sold boar a shit car
Member 27, 209 posts
SQ 220, BP 170, DL 240
630.0 kgs @ 119kgs UnEq
Originally posted by purplepaul...
i always put my hands infront of my knees
when im heavy leg pressing and if it doesn't look like its going up
i'll push my knees with my hands and it goes up
thus no need for a mighty boar


Good thinking. However I was too busy laughing at my pathetic lack of strength and the strained look on the Boars face as he tried to haul 300kg off me all on his own !
My Quads are well sore, so I will definitely do Leg Press again, but after Squats and not instead of.
BoarIcon...04-02-2007 @ 15:13 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
LOL, i too, am feeling well f**ked !!

i guess i did a 300kg off dan press

anyone else fancies trying them, reps 7.30 next friday
Big_silly_man_DanIcon...05-02-2007 @ 20:54 
Avatar
sold boar a shit car
Member 27, 209 posts
SQ 220, BP 170, DL 240
630.0 kgs @ 119kgs UnEq
And verily the gauntlet was thrown down to make 220kg Deadlift for 5 reps...and I failed completely and accidentally did 6 Grin

Deadlift, 100kgx8, 140kgx3, 180kgx3, 200kgx3, 220kgx6.
T Bar Row, 70kg, 8,8,8.
Shrug on a machine, full stack ( not very heavy ), 20, 20, 20.
Barbell Curl, 40kg + short bar, 6,6,6,5,4.

Good sesh. Jonny did a 220kg Deadlift off a platform which was some pulling. Videos of our efforts are to follow shortly, courtesy of the Boar.
Next sesh will be Wednesday, Bench Press all on it's own.
purplepaulIcon...06-02-2007 @ 10:10 
Avatar
has free and readily available gothic porn
Member 29, 1088 posts
SQ 1, BP 100, DL 200
301.0 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
still looking strong off the stuff matey,
you off for good or is it just a rest?
im not looking forward to coming off atallUnhappy
i recon ill crash faster than a spacker on a yamah R1
Big_silly_man_DanIcon...06-02-2007 @ 12:37 
Avatar
sold boar a shit car
Member 27, 209 posts
SQ 220, BP 170, DL 240
630.0 kgs @ 119kgs UnEq
Luckily I sold my R1 Grin

I can't possibly stay off forever, I reckon as soon as I start wasting away I'll be back on but I want to stick to very low doses. I'm thinking half a gram a week tops. At my age its basically self administered HRT !!!
Big_silly_man_DanIcon...06-02-2007 @ 12:42 
Avatar
sold boar a shit car
Member 27, 209 posts
SQ 220, BP 170, DL 240
630.0 kgs @ 119kgs UnEq
Whats Jonny doing with my 220x6 Video ???

12345678910 ... ... 2324252627282930313233

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions