REGISTER
 

Big Silly Training Journal

Closed This thread has been closed by a moderator. Replies are no longer possible.

12345678910 ... ... 2324252627282930313233

DanIcon...30-09-2009 @ 10:53 
Avatar
Dan is old fashioned.
Member 27, 2028 posts
SQ 240, BP 170, DL 255
665.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
Cheers Ed, so far the quads are tight but not sore. I reckon it will kick in later today and tomorrow will be murder !
All good fun.
I know it's not meant to be easy, but last night was a near death experience Eek
The missus reckons I should stick to this weight for at least a couple of sessions before I move on...
Beard_Of_IronIcon...30-09-2009 @ 10:56 
Avatar
Head of Department, Ministry of Beards
Member 580, 2634 posts
SQ 210, BP 115, DL 266
591.0 kgs @ 101kgs UnEq
The missus reckons I should stick to this weight for at least a couple of sessions before I move on...


Mrs Dan has spoken! So it shall be done?
DanIcon...30-09-2009 @ 11:02 
Avatar
Dan is old fashioned.
Member 27, 2028 posts
SQ 240, BP 170, DL 255
665.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
Not sure Beard, I do like to push myself and there is always the possibility that last night was a bit of an "off day".
I might settle for +2.5kg Tongue
DanIcon...03-10-2009 @ 12:48 
Avatar
Dan is old fashioned.
Member 27, 2028 posts
SQ 240, BP 170, DL 255
665.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
Short session last night, pushed for time but didn't want to skip it.
Overhead Press, 90kg, 5x5.
Last rep of last set I paused the weight on the collar bone for a moment and pushed it from a dead stop. I like thinking up interesting new ways to be nasty to myself.
Definitely ready for +2.5kg next session.
BoarIcon...03-10-2009 @ 13:02 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
dan , I shall be training during the day on monday , nothing fancy , but if your free you could show me how its done 'just like we used to'

I'll be going to catts gymnasium.

you dont seem to do much work, yet you are fabulously wealthy !!
DanIcon...03-10-2009 @ 13:19 
Avatar
Dan is old fashioned.
Member 27, 2028 posts
SQ 240, BP 170, DL 255
665.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
LOL JW
I graft my chubby little ass off, I'll have you know !
Not really, but Day time sessions are unlikely, but thanks for the invite.
If you're planning any evening sessions let me know.
Be good to watch you sweat and strain and have you there in case the leg press machine needs lifting off me...
DanIcon...03-10-2009 @ 16:37 
Avatar
Dan is old fashioned.
Member 27, 2028 posts
SQ 240, BP 170, DL 255
665.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
Tonight is Deadlifts and I really want to pull 200kg, but I know I won't make 5x5.
I'm thinking should I drop to triples instead ???
Yeah fook it, I'll do triples at 200kg.
DanIcon...03-10-2009 @ 18:15 
Avatar
Dan is old fashioned.
Member 27, 2028 posts
SQ 240, BP 170, DL 255
665.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 03.10.2009 @ 18:15 PM by Dan
Deadlifts
70kgx5
120kgx5
160kgx5
200kgx3x5 ( 5 sets of triples )
At this point I realised the acute low back pain I get from 5x5 was totally absent, so felt like trying a couple of singles, just for the hell of it and because I still felt reasonably fresh.
210kgx1
220kgx1
Very crisp, and dare I say it, almost easy.
The current PB is safe, but not for long !
All this with no straps, belt, wraps or bugger all else, just shorts, vest and trainers.
The Grip was not a problem, which is good news for me because it was always my weakness.

Fat Boy Pull Ups, 5 sets of 8 reps.

Must say, compared to 5x5, triples are a doddle but right now I think I need to stick to 5x5 as I still need muscle mass and conditioning, and I think in the long term 5x5 will do me more good.

Weight, through the miracle of Whey Protein and John West, is 20 stone 6 pounds, which, like a Nun riding a Clowns Cock, is virgin on the ridiculous.

Tomorrow I will ride my Motorbike, take my Dogs to the Seaside, drink red Wine, and sprawl.
DanIcon...05-10-2009 @ 19:37 
Avatar
Dan is old fashioned.
Member 27, 2028 posts
SQ 240, BP 170, DL 255
665.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
Tonights sesh :

Bench Press, 135kg ( +5kg ), 5x5.
Was going to go +2.5 but decided I was up for +5 and went for it. Judged to perfection, the last rep stalled half way up and I needed to dig very deep to lock it out. Happy bunny.

Barbell Curl, 57.5kg, 5x5.
Starting to have difficulty supinating my palms, I've been here before !

Finished off with Ab work...

Observant readers will note I have moved Curls as they used to follow Overhead Press. I did this because I Deadlift on the following day and my arms were sore from curling, which was not helping matters.

Tonight I am watching a Sci Fi film called Primer and looking forward to it. This will, of course, be accompanied by some first rate sprawling...
EDCLARKEIcon...05-10-2009 @ 21:33 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
good stuff with the deads and bench but most of all nice sprawling!
BoarIcon...06-10-2009 @ 13:25 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
good work big boy - i went up to reps for the first time in a while , still excellent but at 3.50 a sesh !! catts is 1.20 and the same distance from my gaff !

still , nice to do some squats in the rack
DanIcon...06-10-2009 @ 13:34 
Avatar
Dan is old fashioned.
Member 27, 2028 posts
SQ 240, BP 170, DL 255
665.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
Boar said:good work big boy - i went up to reps for the first time in a while , still excellent but at 3.50 a sesh !! catts is 1.20 and the same distance from my gaff !

still , nice to do some squats in the rack


Where is Catts Johnny ?
Also, I'll be shopping for a new Rack and Bench around Christmas time, is my old Rack and Bench any good to you ?
I still have the assembly instructions, so we can pull it to bits and bolt it back together in your shed...once I get my new stuff that is.
Let me know mate, you have first refusal.
BoarIcon...06-10-2009 @ 13:38 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
nice one ! let me know when your awadh with new kit and we'll talk !

catts is right on junction 26 of the M6 - so its the same distaqnce as reps but in the opposite direction ! great gym tho ..

leyland has a half decent one (if it got a couple of decent bars in) which is a good option if i cant be assed driving
DanIcon...06-10-2009 @ 16:56 
Avatar
Dan is old fashioned.
Member 27, 2028 posts
SQ 240, BP 170, DL 255
665.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
Boar said:nice one ! let me know when your awadh with new kit and we'll talk !



Don't want nothing for it JW, free to a good home Cool
DanIcon...06-10-2009 @ 19:17 
Avatar
Dan is old fashioned.
Member 27, 2028 posts
SQ 240, BP 170, DL 255
665.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
Tonights sesh :
Squats, 185kg (+5kg ), 5x5.

Absolutely paggered at the end of this, but not as bad as last week when I nearly fainted.
In the middle of this I made a discovery, it's not the weight that is the problem, it's my breathing. The first 3 reps of every set are quite easy, then I start to run out of puff and it gets tough.
I may need to investigate this thing they call "cardio".

Finished with Ab work.

My low back is killing me, and has been for 4 weeks. Not injured, just knackered and pumps up like crazy for no reason at all, even walking is difficult.
I'm hoping this will pass soon as it's getting annoying.

Tomorrow I will eat, rest and grow. I may even sprawl...

12345678910 ... ... 2324252627282930313233

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions