Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosAnother Cardio Thread...

Another Cardio Thread...

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Hi folks,

As the title suggests I'm looking to see what use guys do to burn fat? I've heard good things about using a prowler or farmers walk etc.

I've had a browse through some of the other cardio threads but couldn't find much useful info.

I'm currently at 104kg last time I weighed myself and im at least 25% Bodyfat lol. It's been a year or so since I was training and uni resulted in a lot of weight being put on lol.

I'd like to get under 93kg without losing muscle.

Cheers!
Prowler work is horrendous.

Sprints and hill sprints are fun as my tagline suggests.
for fat burning id go longer distance, walking/hiking, rowing would be my preferred options. prowler/ hill sprints are brilliant for conditioning but probably wont be enough calories burned unless your doing loads
See i'm fortunate to work in a sports centre where I can talk to many gym instructors about training but the downside to this is that you get many conflicting arguments :-( lol

Some recommend sprints etc but some also recommend some low intensity running with both saying the other is crap for maintaining muscle lol.

I'll maybe have a bash at some sprints.

How would use do sprint training? length and sets etc.
See i'm fortunate to work in a sports centre where I can talk to many gym instructors about training but the downside to this is that you get many conflicting arguments :-( lol

Some recommend sprints etc but some also recommend some low intensity running with both saying the other is crap for maintaining muscle lol.

I'll maybe have a bash at some sprints.

How would use do sprint training? length and sets etc.
What about a slow jog?
If you have no immediate rush to lose the weight do it entirely with a small daily calorie deficit and correct macro management. f**k cardio.

Lifting weights and a small calorie deficit is the best way to preserve muscle on a cut. It just takes a little longer.

Cardio makes you fat.
shanejer
Depends on goals of you're looking to lose fat quick circuit training

Slow decrease in bf no Muscle loss then fast walks for 30 mins
Kerr1992 said:What about a slow jog?

No.

Decent read here http://www.t-nation.com/training/regular-cardio-will-make-you-...
Dont jog.
I'm in no rush to lose it.

I've started following the paleo hybrid diet and even though it seems unpopular amongst lifters it's doing wonders for my sugar levels as I'm type 1 diabetic. Part of me wonders if I'm under eating on this one though.
I'm in no rush to lose it.

I've started following the paleo hybrid diet and even though it seems unpopular amongst lifters it's doing wonders for my sugar levels as I'm type 1 diabetic. Part of me wonders if I'm under eating on this one though.
I just used a method i found online to calculate my maintenance calorie intake. It worked out as 3473 calories a day.

That can'y be right! must be something else ive missed!
It seems a bit high, though if you have a physical job it may well not be far off. For me maintenance is around 4000kcals a day.

As for cardio, id say rowing or swimming are the best options. But if the goal is just weight loss and theres no rush id stick to walking and slightly reduced kcals, keep the protein and gym work up and muscle loss shouldnt be a problem.
I've have done well by walking at 3mph for 30 minutes immediately before my normal training... Whatever that may be. Every session

For lots of reasons I thought this was a great idea before I did it... And the results were better than even I expected!

You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosAnother Cardio Thread...
Return to top View Desktop Site