REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 268 guests
You are here: HomeForumNoClue → View All Posts

View All Posts: NoClue

» Newbie (Go to post)13-01-2012 @ 16:02 
Cheers for the encouragement guys, just been to gym, one thing I am lucky with is I work for myself and gym i just over road so I can train every day during day, was doing every day but judging by the ache I have been getting since switching to heavy low reps I am going to need more recovery time!
» Newbie (Go to post)13-01-2012 @ 14:03 
Yeah when I first came on here I clicked that link but it was not working so not sure if its still about. Im off to gym now to try and improve on that abismal squat lol!
» Newbie (Go to post)13-01-2012 @ 13:48 
Cheers guys, yes I am prepared to get some grief lol!

Im in North Devon so I have not found any strongman gyms near by, I am training in a normal type gym wit hmostly machines but it does have dumbells up to 50kg and a olympic bar with bench and a smith machine.
» Newbie (Go to post)13-01-2012 @ 13:31 
Post Edited: 13.01.2012 @ 16:03 PM by NoClue
Hi Guys

Been a big fan of strongman for an age and mucked around in the gym for a while on and off (now 34).

But my new years resolution is to get serious and maybe try and get to a standard good enough to enter a local comp.

From what I read I need to be able to Dead 220, squat 180 and shoulder press 120 to really be able o completw in the lowest entry level, does that sound about right?

I have always done the more lets say poser type excercises before and mostly on machines, but recently started dealdifts,squats and should press in mind for my goal.

So at 6,3 and 17 stone (prob 15.5 lean rest blubber lol) I currently dead 185kg (no wearing belt at mo but should start right?) my squat is appaling as I have ignored legs to long as guys do so 130kg is current max on a Smiths machine (although I max out the horizontal leg press machine a 220kg for 10+ reps no prob but guess thats alot easier) and have weak shoulders with a 80kg max standing with a bar. Bench is 120 but not really tried for a single PB yet.

So my plan was to train 3 times a week, doing a on off of 100% 1 rep workouts one week and 50% for reps following weelk (read this on here somewhere).

Food wise I have bene increasingf protein, keeping carbs down and taking cod liver, creatine and l glutamine with ammino acids.

So basically am I on the right track and what tips do you have (or as I can see that sub 90kg guys are doign more than me on here in 20' should I just enjoy training and forget comps? lol)

Cheers!

You are here: HomeForumNoClue → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions