REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 149 guests
You are here: HomeForumHennyB → View All Posts

View All Posts: HennyB

» DMPM's Journal (Go to post)23-11-2007 @ 05:21 
DMPM said:
HennyB said:
Nice lifting tonight.

Cheers mate. Those are some great lifts you have, do you compete? If so, which fed?

Your lifts are pretty much my goals.

Thanks Bru. Yes I compete. IPF. It's hard work to reach it. I'm not where I want to be yet. Getting there. It took me 4 years to where I am now. Still another 2 to get to a 350kg sq, 230kg bp and 330kg dl. When I'm there I'll start doing pissy movements like biceps and calves and cardio and s**t.
» Alex's log (Go to post)23-11-2007 @ 05:16 
For a guy in the 75's that's good benching. I's like to know why so many sets?

Cheers
» Henny B - Log (Go to post)23-11-2007 @ 04:43 
Martin1956 said:
Hey Henny, check out the last post of mine in the World Masters Bench pictures thread over on Competitions.

Hey bru. If you know me well you'll understand - for me to just be able to download e - mail is like breaking the world record. I'm totally disabled when it comes to IT ect. Please show me how and I'll check it out. For sure.

Sorry
» Henny B - Log (Go to post)23-11-2007 @ 04:05 
There are a couple of sites you can visit. powerliftingsa.co.za - powerlifting and for strongman check out Arno Lambrechts site. bigarnie.co.za. There is an impressive 420kg squat he did at nationals this year. He got red lighted because the judges are a bunch of f**k heads, but it was still cool. Arno is my mentor and big friend. A huge power in the powerlifting scene in SA and a good all round strongman. I've never seen a guy pull a truck like he does.

There's just a problem with the SA powerlifting site now. They are fixing it. I'll let you guys know when it is up and running again.
Cheers
HB
» Henny B - Log (Go to post)23-11-2007 @ 03:56 
sounds good man, here are the details:

Thanks Boet. I'll check it out.
» McLarens Journal (Go to post)22-11-2007 @ 20:07 
The times you spend not motivated is important for motivation. Sounds funny. When you loose a bit, just keep going trough the motions. Just get out of your comfort zone and keep on lifting. No person can be motivated day after day. Your eating habits change. Your thinking changes. Sometimes your personal life "interferes" with your lifting. Keep on pushing. Never sit back and feel sorry for yourself.

Keep going!!
» DMPM's Journal (Go to post)22-11-2007 @ 19:55 
Nice lifting tonight.
» There's nothing like a Snatch... (Go to post)22-11-2007 @ 19:34 
Post Edited: 22.11.2007 @ 19:35 PM
Wigan said:
Monday 19/11/07

Power snatch from hang.

Bru! When I meet you one day, you must teach me the snatch. I'm a useless dog when it comes to that. I tried to snatch once and broke the bench behind me when I fell on it.
» WOODY ALLEN SYNDROME (Go to post)22-11-2007 @ 19:29 
Martin1956 said:
Tonight's gayness...

Lat Pulldowns - sets of 10 with 6, 8, 10. Sets of 8 with 12, 14, 16.
Seated T Bar Rows - sets of 10 with both grips on 6, 8, 10, 12.
Hammer Curls - 3 sets of 20 with 10s; 3 sets of 10 with 15s.
Cardio - 35 minutes, 580 output, new pb!!

Really pleased with the cardio. Thought previous pb was out of sight, but I felt good 10 minutes in and decided to go for it. Played about with some nlp thoughts as well. Seemed to work!

Once a week doesn't make you gay.
» Henny B - Log (Go to post)22-11-2007 @ 19:26 
Thank you all for excepting me so warmly. I've never met you and I feel I know you. Maybe because we have the same interest - POWER and STRENGTH.

I did a 300kg squat tuesday night and felt a bit f*cked yesterday and today. Did a couple of DE squats with the blue bands just to keep the foundation going. Loaded 90kg. Fast out of the hole and good lock outs.

I won't be training for the next couple of days. Monday I'll do some DE BP with a green band and then rest the week. I need to focus all my energy on the meet.
» Henny B - Log (Go to post)22-11-2007 @ 19:19 
Joni said:
welcome to the board mate, my wife is from SA, KZN/Pietermarizburgh to be exact Grin been lifting there with local powerlifters couple times at Warrens Gym.

Your wife must be the best looking chick ever. All SA girls are the best. You must let me know where in Pietermaritzburg Warrens Gym is. I'll go and train there next time I'm in Durban.
» Henny B - Log (Go to post)22-11-2007 @ 19:16 
JC said:
welcome mate

be good to see with your training with those impressive lifts

I wouldn't say that it's impressive. I still have a long way to go. But Thanks bru!
» Henny B - Log (Go to post)22-11-2007 @ 19:15 
Thing said:
are you liftes equipped of not? welcome aboard good luck in your comp

Yes. the lifts I listed are all equipped. Sigle ply - IPF style. I don't like training with my suits ect. Raw makes you stronger. I'll only suit up once before a comp to get used to the pressure.
» Henny B - Log (Go to post)22-11-2007 @ 19:12 
Martin1956 said:
Welcome. I met some South Africans at the World Masters Bench this year and really enjoyed their company. I lifted against Clive Joseph in M2. Sorry, can't remember the others's names. Do you know him?

Can't say that I know him well. Sorry! Don't know all the oldies well. (Joke)
» Henny B - Log (Go to post)22-11-2007 @ 14:27 
If OK with you I'd like to add my training log. I live in South Africa, in the Limpopo province in atown called Tzaneen. All the lifters in this country affiliate with the SAPF and the IPF.

I have a comp next week Saturday the 1st December in Pretoria. More a regional comp with mostly lifters from the Central provinces competing. I'll post the results and my feelings on the comp.

Thanks

You are here: HomeForumHennyB → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions