REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 275 guests
You are here: HomeForumBod → View All Posts

View All Posts: Bod

12345678910 ... ... 7374757677787980818283

» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)16-01-2024 @ 22:21 
Fatpete said:
I am aware of that.
Recently however I have noticed that when socializing with intelligent, educated people under the age of thirty five, I have become increasingly aware of them being blissfully unaware of phrases that I consider to be very common.
Two examples that spring to mind are "something for your bottom drawer" and "he knows his onions"
I would therefore be prepared to risk a small wager that there ae now a significant number of people who think "blonde" is a six letter word and are totally unaware that there is a five letter version.

By sheer coincidence I had to explain ‘Knows his onions’ to a friend (half my age) who is steeped in book learning, but had no clue what I was talking about and thought I may have been insulting him when I said ‘You know your onions.’ This happened on Sunday. I conclude that he can play the age card all he likes, but it isn’t cutting the mustard…
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)15-01-2024 @ 00:16 
A comfortable three. Usual openers and that only left one viable option that I could see.

XXYYX
XXXYX

More importantly though, it is fifteen years and one day since your first journal post on here Pete. I clicked on the first page of your journal rather than the last in error and noted the date. Fifteen years! I still had hair back then.*

* That is a complete falsehood.

Thank you for making this a fun place to be. There are not many corners of the world where tyre pressures, hatred of cheese, word problems and cunnilingus all blend seamlessly.
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)13-01-2024 @ 10:45 
Four for me and I’d say it was fortunate to be four. The third guess worked very well, but it could easily have been a bust.

Getting the two letters in those positions with my opener presented me with my least favourite Wordle scenario, as there were just so many potential options.

YXXXY
XYXXX
XYYYX
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)12-01-2024 @ 00:06 
A five second two.
When it falls well, it really falls well. It was a 50/50 on the second guess as I think the only other option has already been a word of the day.

GGGXG
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)09-01-2024 @ 08:51 
Three for me. All the correct letters were revealed after the second guess and that only left one option.

YXXYY
XXYYX
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)07-01-2024 @ 18:50 
A three today which made six threes and a five in the previous seven days. Thus, a mass of fives is on the way soon!

A very belated happy new year to all too.

XYXXX
GXXYY
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)31-12-2023 @ 00:10 
An inevitable three, given my openers. After the second guess, I could only see one option.

XXXYX
GGXXY
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)30-12-2023 @ 00:11 
Post Edited: 30.12.2023 @ 00:11 AM by Bod
A quite taxing four. Third guess was interesting as I was convinced it would not be correct, but by the same token, it wasn’t a tactical guess either…

YXXXG
XXXXY
XYYYG
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)29-12-2023 @ 19:44 
A three which worked perfectly and fortuitously with my usual openers. Third guess had a slight tactical element but that wasn’t the objective.

XXXGX
XXGXX
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)27-12-2023 @ 00:02 
A rapid three. Usual starters teed it up perfectly.

XXXXX
XGGXX
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)22-12-2023 @ 00:31 
An almost instant two.
Standard opener and a fluke guess which I’ll happily take.

XGGXX
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)21-12-2023 @ 09:37 
Another five. Should have stuck with the usual two openers, rather than just the first one.

XXYGX
XGXGX
XGGGG
XGGGG
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)20-12-2023 @ 00:26 
Another abysmal five.

XXXGX
GYXXX
GXGXG
GXGGG
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)16-12-2023 @ 12:14 
A scruffy, poorly played five.

XYXYG
XGGXG
XGGXG
YGGXG
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)15-12-2023 @ 17:38 
A pleasing three.

XGXXX
XXYXY

Alas, I know not how to relax a lip although I do believe that cheese helps…

12345678910 ... ... 7374757677787980818283

You are here: HomeForumBod → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions