REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 232 guests
You are here: HomeForumBod → View All Posts

View All Posts: Bod

12345678910 ... ... 7374757677787980818283

» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)20-02-2024 @ 00:19 
An absolute fluke of a three.
Usual openers and then I could see at least a dozen possible options. The third was mainly tactical to narrow down the field, but it turned out to be correct. Very fortunate.

XXXXX
XGXXY
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)19-02-2024 @ 00:42 
A sloppy five.
Should have abandoned the usual second word as I was pretty sure that it wouldn’t be of much use, but I stuck with it through habit.

YXXXG
XXGXX
XGGXG
GGGXG
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)18-02-2024 @ 00:08 
Probably the quickest two I’ve ever got. No tactics for the second, just a guess. As with almost all twos, that makes good fortune a key component.

GXXXG
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)17-02-2024 @ 00:16 
A thankfully uncomplicated three. Usual openers delivered a satisfying result.

XXXGX
YYXXX
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)16-02-2024 @ 00:28 
A twitchy, scrappy six.
I know I’ve said it a few times, but these last few weeks/month have been brutal at times.
Fifth guess took a little while to eliminate all but one possibility.
Unpleasantness abounds.

XXXXX
GYXXY
GGGXX
GGGXX
YXXYX
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)15-02-2024 @ 23:29 
Post Edited: 15.02.2024 @ 23:47 PM by Bod
Fatpete said:Watching "Pointless" earlier this afternoon, there was a question "Which English footballer scored a hat trick in the 1966 World Cup final" ?

The answer, of course, is Geoff Hurst, what surprised me was that out of one hundred people asked, only thirteen knew that. THIRTEEN !!!

I am entitled to be as surprised as I am by that ?

Whether it is generational or not, I don’t know, but that seems very low for a moment which many people consider to be on a par with the splitting of the atom, assassination of JFK and the sad demise of the Caramac.

Three today, which may not have been a fully-fledged rum do, but I thought it was a proper noun, irrespective of it being used in a different context than its more common usage. Seemingly not.

XYXXX
YYXXG
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)14-02-2024 @ 22:23 
Fatpete said:
I marvel at this game. The fact that you had this and I had a relatively simple time of it leads you to believe that there is a lot of luck in the openers used and yet when the bigger picture is viewed no-one can be as lucky as you so skill has to be a considerable factor.
But how much of each ? That's what I can't decide on.

I ruminate on this, probably too often, yet I still do. I know that when certain combinations come up on my usual opener that it will likely be problematic as there are so many options due to the potential word ending and narrowing down the possibilities is tricky. On the flip side, if I draw a complete blank on my opener that’s often no bad thing.
There is a definite element of good fortune too but this can be offset a little with some tactical trickery, unless the word is an absolute dog as appears to have happened frequently recently.

That was a long-winded way of saying that I have no clue either Pete 😄
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)14-02-2024 @ 08:42 
A three to balance out the shoddy six yesterday. Usual openers and one option left as far as I could see.

XYXYX
XGXYY
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)13-02-2024 @ 07:40 
A sphincter-clenching six.

YXXXX
GYXXX
GXYYX
GXGGX
GGGGX
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)12-02-2024 @ 07:56 
A straightforward four.

Usual openers and a tactical third.

XXXXX
YGXXY
GGGGX
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)11-02-2024 @ 10:17 
The same as yesterday, in as far it was a slightly fortuitous three. Usual openers and then a punt. If incorrect, it would have removed three possibilities, so it was worth chancing it.

YXXXY
XXXYX
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)10-02-2024 @ 11:23 
Three today. Slightly fortunate, but welcomed.

YXXXY
XXGXX
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)09-02-2024 @ 15:48 
A safe four because I didn’t want to gamble on a three, which would have been correct as it goes! That was my reward for cowardice!

XXXXX
GXGXY
GXGYX
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)08-02-2024 @ 20:59 
Wigan said:A nice 3 to extend the longest run by one

Excellent, especially given that the previous few weeks have seen some real squirrelly ones.
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)08-02-2024 @ 11:20 
A tricky five. It was just one of those words where the possibilities were stacked.

XXXYY
XYXXX
XGGXG
XGGXG

12345678910 ... ... 7374757677787980818283

You are here: HomeForumBod → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions