REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 222 guests
You are here: HomeForummartinb → View All Posts

View All Posts: martinb

12345678910 ... 502503 ... 504505506507508509510511512513514

» Raw Bench (Go to post)28-04-2010 @ 21:05 
hmmmm, keep progressing like that for a couple of years and you will have nothing to be frustrated about!
» trying to be less emo, and do an open comp (Go to post)28-04-2010 @ 19:17 
Duncan said:
Yes GHR works the same areas, yet with GMs and SLDL you can go heavy. You don't see Westside going in and doing a ME GHR, it's a GM they do, followed by GHR as assistance.

you are right dude, I think at the moment I need to keep dead and squat as main exercises though, maybe that will change when I get a bit stronger though
» trying to be less emo, and do an open comp (Go to post)28-04-2010 @ 18:41 
wow Drew, the voice of reason!

when I sat and had a think about it, thats basicaly the conclussion I came to as well. Some fat-mans or Kroc rows after shrugs, and btnpp before bench

the glute ham raise really has worked well for me, and my dead is going up nicely, so I understand what the bro's are saying about GMs and SLDL, but GHR works the same areas
» trying to be less emo, and do an open comp (Go to post)28-04-2010 @ 15:16 
cheers for the input guys

things I need to think about

1 getting a bit more upper back work in

2 pressing more than once a week

3 getting some more serious dead/squat assistance in, from GMs or SLDLs(single leg? I'm a moron!)

Its interesting to hear this stuff, although I train with a number of good guys that are better than me, who are more than willing to help me out, its only on the Sunday during events. I don't really know how they train through the week(apart from Cherry, but he's 1 mental, and 2 on a different planet than most people recovery/strength wise)
» trying to be less emo, and do an open comp (Go to post)28-04-2010 @ 14:53 
SLDLs ?

Single Leg Deadlift?
» trying to be less emo, and do an open comp (Go to post)28-04-2010 @ 14:42 
Duncan said:GMs?

Good Mornings? Hell I'm just plain scared of those, never managed to do them right!
» trying to be less emo, and do an open comp (Go to post)28-04-2010 @ 14:41 
I realise what you are saying about upper back, however Sunday almost always includes an arm over arm, which I think is pretty upper back, well at least the way I do it it is!

I just feal like I need to prioratise the log, as I'm pretty rubbish at it, and its at the unit, therefore I organised my training around doin log on events day

Plus I've never considered pressing more than once a week, I used to use a Stuart McRobert training philosophy, where everthing was overtraining, and its hard to get away from it!
» trying to be less emo, and do an open comp (Go to post)28-04-2010 @ 14:23 
Tues: Dead of some sort, deficit, 18inch or floor.
Accessory: Shrugs, GHR, Calves

Thurs: CG Bench
Accessory: Dips, Chins, Ballistic Press-ups, Curls

Fri: Squat
Accessory: Leg Press, Lunges

Sun: Log & Events
Accessory: Mil Log

plus 2 or 3 sessions a week of abs, neck, grip and kettle bell swings, just done in the flat

Mon and Wed Hill sprints, and some rowing sprints after training if I have time
» trying to be less emo, and do an open comp (Go to post)28-04-2010 @ 14:11 
for anyone who fancies giving me a hand, but most importantly Drew!

been thinking about this further, and was thinking that maybe I could perform the BTN PP at the start of my CGbench workout, as a primer, as it shouldn't tax my pressing muscles too much, but I really like the way my CGbench has been improving, and believe it is really helping my tri strength, so don't want to take focus from it

I do 5,3,1 and think this could work in a similar way to performing power cleans before your main squat or dead? (recomendation from Wendler in the ebook)

Any thoughts would be welcome
» trying to become the strongest little man in the world (Go to post)27-04-2010 @ 20:57 
Nick79 said:double overhand grip I take it

side handles
» trying to become the strongest little man in the world (Go to post)27-04-2010 @ 20:46 
Nick79 said:Whats this grip thing man? 38 secs is a good time for you if its heavyish

PS..not being cheeky there. I also am shiiiiiiiiiiite at grip stuff, just interested.

just the big tyre on the frame

Drew did you have a little c**t sitting on it like I did
Happy
» the greatest strongman show on earth? (Go to post)27-04-2010 @ 20:33 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Mariusz moves faster with today's weights than Jouko did with the lighter weights of his era.

Jouko won his 2nd WSM in 99, Pudz won his 1st in 02, its not like they are from different era's or anything, I think its a bit silly to say he would be no threat, give him the right events and he would be a big threat

silver dollar, connans, power stairs, the man was nearly unbeatable at those!
» trying to be less emo, and do an open comp (Go to post)27-04-2010 @ 19:29 
while I'm not sure I have quite your recovery abilities, you are right in what you say that BTN PP shouldn't be too taxing on the shoulders, and hey, there are no prizes for a big close grip bench, so I am gonna change it this week
» trying to be less emo, and do an open comp (Go to post)27-04-2010 @ 19:01 
I currently do cg bench as a main in the week, and log at the unit on sunday

perhaps I should change to BTN PP as the main mid week, changing to cg bench as a sup

not sure how I'll cope with 2 shoulder workouts in a week, never tried that before!
» trying to be less emo, and do an open comp (Go to post)27-04-2010 @ 18:42 
BigKen said:Hows the BTN PP going mate, you done much of it?

just a couple of times, did a single at 110 with no arms, good snap. About 2 months back just missed a push press from the front with 130, got 120 easy, so I think I should be around 125-130.
Not really sure how to go about it, cos I've got a 110 log at the bernard castle event first, so I need to concentrate on that really

Would be good to understand the rules though, you are allowed a split????

12345678910 ... 502503 ... 504505506507508509510511512513514

You are here: HomeForummartinb → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions