Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsMr struans story of swole

Mr struans story of swole

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

mrstruan
thanks man, made a proper training cd filled with filthy metal and didnt want to stop :P
nick
mosher
mrstruan
12/1/11

Squat workout (first in 7 weeks...bad struan)

60kg x 10 reps
100kg x 6 reps
120kg x 5 reps
130kg x 2 reps
140kg x 2 reps
150kg x 1 rep

felt not too bad, tweaked form a little bit (thanks marc) quite pleased with the weight lifted after how long a break its been, DOMS are working there way to slowly killing me today though...

glute ham raise

bodyweight x 10 reps x 4 sets

rest pause sets on leg extension and the other one that works my hamstrings
HENIOUS couldnt walk after that

ab curl machine

some random heavyish weight x 15 reps x 3 sets

feeling it today...rough
Only 10 kgs off your PB after not squatting for 7 weeks is good mate, you will be back stronger than before in no time.
I agree with Steel. That's well impressive after 7 weeks out!
mrstruan
15/01/11

feeling too hungover yday, so in today as i was feeling guilty :P

deadlift

60kg x 5 reps
100kg x 5 reps
140kg x 5 reps
160kg x 2 reps
180kg x 1 rep
190kg x 1 rep
200kg x 1 rep

felt pretty good considering, grip started to go on 200kg but locked out easily enough. just wanted to get a gauge for setting up 531 next week.

one handed T bar rows

40kg + bar
3 x 10 reps

lat pull down

wide grip
1 x 5 full stack
2 x 5 2nd bottom weight (didnt notice what the weight was)

close grip, palms facing me

full stack
1 x 8 reps

Standing bicep dumbbell curls

24kg x 8
24kg x 6

(gym closed and ran out of time)
IrishMarc
SuperSteel101 said:Only 10 kgs off your PB after not squatting for 7 weeks is good mate, you will be back stronger than before in no time.

Struan has a 170/180kg squat to get out of him in the next 3-4 weeks just needs to keep his groove and not be a phaggot.
IrishMarc said:
Struan has a 170/180kg squat to get out of him in the next 3-4 weeks just needs to keep his groove and not be a phaggot.

Stop being a phaggot Struan Grin
I agree. Don't be a phaggot and hit that 170. You'll manage it if you're not a phaggot so get to it lol Happy
I had a Saturday guilt session too this week. Sometimes it's gotta be done haha. Props on that 200 whilst hungover.
mrstruan
haha cheers guys, il grow a pair and get it nailed soon Happy leg doms arent actually that bad which is a nice surprise...normally out for a week after a break.
mrstruan
Found it hard to find the energy to fit in a workout so far this week havin started a placement and also car getting its timing belt changed is taking up alot of time at night.
Squeezed a shoulder workout in after workin on the car tonight, continuing 531.

Strict Overhead military press

Bar x 10 reps
35kg x 5 reps
40kg x 5 reps
50kg x 3 reps
65kg x 3 reps
70kg x 3 reps
75kg x 10 reps (last 2 were push press)

Standing Dumbbell overhead press

25kg x 8,8,8

Barbell shrugs

140kg x 10 (pronated grip)
140kg x 12,20(wtf?) mixed grip

felt good getting a workout in, get some swole on.dont think the neighbours appreciated all that remains blasting out the garage at 10 at night, but i was livin' the dream :P
nick
nice pressing brah, atr= your g0th
likesadeadkf
mrstruan said:

felt good getting a workout in, get some swole on.dont think the neighbours appreciated all that remains blasting out the garage at 10 at night, but i was livin' the dream :P

Im a bit of a fan of All that remains aswell. Love the song "Chiron". Think i met you at the Juniors comp? Blonde hair?
mrstruan
haha yeah, thats the one with the acoutic breakdown and then the beastly solo, epic. thats my favourite album so far. yeah man, i think so, your Neil yeah? hows training going?
likesadeadkf
mrstruan said:haha yeah, thats the one with the acoutic breakdown and then the beastly solo, epic. thats my favourite album so far. yeah man, i think so, your Neil yeah? hows training going?

I guessed right then. Yeh thats me. Trainings going really well at the minute thanks. Been putting on a bit of weight since the comp so numbers have been improving quite quickly. You thinking about doing any comps this year?

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsMr struans story of swole
Return to top View Desktop Site