Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitFront squat technique help please. Hard as fook!

Front squat technique help please. Hard as fook!

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

thosebananas said:google is your friend

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6462/image1nv.jpg

nice lies.
Martin_Jones said:Not sure about the shruging bit though...

Really? Your shoulders will be slightly shrugged in the first place as a result of keeping your elbows up and to create a good shelf for the bar to rest on.

The bar shouldn't be up against your windpipe, unless you particularly want to black out.
Gubernatrix said:
Really? Your shoulders will be slightly shrugged in the first place as a result of keeping your elbows up and to create a good shelf for the bar to rest on.
The bar shouldn't be up against your windpipe, unless you particularly want to black out.

I love Sugden. Ha ha ha.
Gubernatrix said:

There's a difference between up against your windpipe and restricting your airways, would you not agree?

I force the bar into my throat and have never once blacked out....or come remotely close too
JC said:
There's a difference between up against your windpipe and restricting your airways, would you not agree?

Yep!
Martin_Jones
You are all pussies, blacking out is the way forward.

To be honest I have very big front delts and this causes the bar to become very close and high to my wind pipe, I have to make a big effort to look up and move the wind pipe out of the way.
Martin_Jones
Gubernatrix said:

Nope still don't get you mate. If I put weight on my delts they don't shrug up, they go down!! But saying that perhaps it's different for oly style. I don't have the flexibility.
use the clean grip.

90+% of the guys who say "i could never do it" actually can if they just want to work towards it step by step. Rest could too but it would take a bit longer.
Im trying to learn the clean grip. Its a nightmare to learn when you are so unflexible but its coming along. Had to endure a lot of pain just to do a 60kg frontie!
Martin_Jones said:
If I put weight on my delts they don't shrug up, they go down!! But saying that perhaps it's different for oly style.

Not as far as I've ever seenConfused
Martin_Jones
little_a said:
Not as far as I've ever seenConfused

I was just being politeWink
i use the clean grip.. so much better than crossed (gay bber) style!
Oh well, there's a lack of support for the shrugging option. To the original person who had the issue (nick), basically when I first learned front squats a few years ago I had the same problem as you. Someone suggested this and I found it really helpful at the time. So I offer it to you as a suggestion - obviously you'll take it or leave it as you see fit. I don't really mind since it worked for me.
Ha! Went very dizzy the other day doing front squats....now I get it!

Still wouldn't recommend having the bar right up against the windpipe for someone just learning the movement though.

Also not convinced that falling over backwards with a heavy bar at my neck is the right move for me at this stage either.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitFront squat technique help please. Hard as fook!
Return to top View Desktop Site