Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitReligion...

Religion...

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

I was brought up as a Christian as my Mum in particular is pretty religious as are all her family. I've never really bought into it though.

I asked my Mum the other week if she believed in evolution, her answer was no God made the earth in 7 days etc Grin

So do you believe in God, if yes it would be interesting to hear why?

Would the world be a safer place without it?

(Not meant to be offensive Happy)
I just think religion was invented by people long ago to explain things they didnt understand : rainbows,thunder,life and death

Not for a single second does god exist
I was born & raised a Catholic. I deliberately rebelled against my dad's strong Catholic wishes by announcing at the age of 11 or 12 that I didn't believe in a god and wasn't going to mass any more. By the time I was 16 and had actually genuinely thought about it, I just couldn't see the possibility for the existence of a god. It's a lovely idea that we all have eternal happiness after this life, but I just don't believe it. If I did, I'd be walking around with a permanent smile on my face, not giving a flying f*ck about anything.Tongue

Each to their own though. I'm not a fan of extremeists of any religion or extreme aetheists however. I mean, I like what Richard Dawkins has to say, but I wouldn't dedicate so much of my time to it as gods, religions & fairies are so far down my lists of priorities in life.
Same story here, from a christian family background. Not that I don't or do believe, I'm just too lazy and can't be bothered.
Originally posted by Boar...
I just think religion was invented by people long ago to explain things they didnt understand : rainbows,thunder,life and death

That and to control the masses.

I was brought up on Sunday school, was confirmed, was even in the fking choir heh. However, throughout all of that I never once believed any of it was real, I mean all standing there praying to whom/what? Come on...

So nope, I take a similar position as Richard Dawkins. Although I agree with Titch, he is a little too extreme the other way. No need to go chasing them down and telling them I disagree with them. Live and let live and all that.

Not for a single second does god exist

Thats about the size of it!

Techanlly I am Agnostic as you cannot definativly prove that a god or gods do or don't exsist. But in practice I am an athiest (although it looks like I carn't even spell it!)

Big fan of Prof Richard Dawkins.
Iain, people with beards like yours shouldn't post in religious threads.Grin
Don't mess with me Martin! I'll put a jihad on you!
Originally posted by IainKendrick...

Is that one of them new bench shirts? Can I have a broken-in 46 please? Are you any good at putting them on?
I think its a double ply one martin.
Im agnostic, im also dyslexic and an imsomniac. I often sit up all night wondering if there is a dog.
Originally posted by Martin1956...
Originally posted by IainKendrick...

Is that one of them new bench shirts?

Hahahaahah classic.
I was brought up a catholic and was literally brainwashed. They tooks handful after handful of religion and rammed it down my throat. At the age of 13 I simply vomited the whole damn lot back up. Best move i ever made, never had occasion to reconsider
funny though, when my youngest child started having seizures (from zero to 3 a day) and was in hospital for 2 weeks, i prayed a genuine prayer to the man upstairs !!
That's certainly testament to the power of fear. Something that religion has used very effectively over the years.

If you hadnt guessed, im not a believer.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitReligion...
Return to top View Desktop Site