Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsLeicster's Strongest Man

Leicster's Strongest Man

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Post Edited: 30.07.2009 @ 16:14 PM by PAGAN
Copy and pasted from another forum with event organisers permission.

The event Leicester's strongest man is taking place on the Saturday 22nd August 2009 at Saffron Lane Sports Stadium, Saffron lane, Leicester.

There will be 6 events including van pull, tyre flip, deadlift, barrel loading, farmers walk and a medley consisting of 3 events in 1, there will be 4 weight categories including under 80kg, 80-92kg, 92-102kg and then over 102kg we have 40 spaces, 10 in each category.
There will also be other attractions such as british arm wrestling champions including local Dean Scarsbrook with a table for public to compete in a tournament or just give the best a try.

Also WrestleLeicester are doing an appearance and also bouncy castles, music and ice cream and burgers available the event will be running from 12pm until 4pm with entry on the door at £1 per adult kids go free, please contact Richard Griggs 0n 07969897551 for more details.

Just spoken to Mr Griggs on the phone and he gave me a quick rundown of the events. For the 80K - 92K category farmers walk was 50k and deadlift was 130k for reps so it's a very light comp even by my standards but it sounded like a bit of fun, which is basically what I think it's intended to be.

Anyway I said I put it up on here as he seemed a nice bloke Happy
Corrected the spelling mistake in the title but it hasn't changed the main title ?
Looks intresting, would be really easy for me to get to aswell. Can't see any reason not to do this one Happy .

Paul
You going to attend this by the way Pagan?

Paul
PAGAN said:
Corrected the spelling mistake in the title but it hasn't changed the main title ?

Slight bug with editing thread title, that c*nt of a webmaster never bothers fixing it either.
what a c**t!
Paul_D said:

Paul

Dunno mate. If it was closer for me ( it's a 6hr roundtrip ) then I'd just do it for the laugh but it's a long way to go for what seems a bit of a fun day. I havn't written it off but there are only ten places available in each class so I'll probably miss my chance while I'm thinking about it.

Obviously just because it's light that doesn't mean I think it's easy , it's just aimed at speed / endurance / condition rather than max strength imo.
I see what you're saying mate, it's not far for me to travel though and as you said, it looks like a bit of fun. I tried ringing this Richard Griggs fella, but no answer unfortunatley. Hopefully he calls me back.

Paul
PAGAN said:
Paul_D said:

Paul

Dunno mate. If it was closer for me ( it's a 6hr roundtrip ) then I'd just do it for the laugh but it's a long way to go for what seems a bit of a fun day. I havn't written it off but there are only ten places available in each class so I'll probably miss my chance while I'm thinking about it.

Obviously just because it's light that doesn't mean I think it's easy , it's just aimed at speed / endurance / condition rather than max strength imo.

get your name down bring your coach along and i will come to cheer you on

saffron lane not the most salubrious area of leicestershire!!!!!!
GYMWARRIOR123
I will be in this one Json you going for it. Happy
GYMWARRIOR123 said:
I will be in this one Json you going for it. Happy

hi wayne i'm only doing open comps and 105 comps leave this sort of comp for the novices

Wink

you over this weekend?
GYMWARRIOR123
Not this weekend working I did quite well in glouchester finishing 4th out of 25 should be over the following week.
Still not answering his phone. I just want to find out wether there are anymore places in the u80kg group and what the comp format (weights etc) would be like. If anyone on here knows that information i'd appreciate it. Thanks.

I'll try and give him another call later on this evening if he hasn't got back to me before then.

Paul
Any 1 know the weights for the 92 - 102 cat and the over 102 cat????
FatHubble said:
Any 1 know the weights for the 92 - 102 cat and the over 102 cat????

richard griggs

You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsLeicster's Strongest Man
Return to top View Desktop Site