REGISTER
 

Pritchett with the American deadlift record

123456

BigMaccaIcon...06-05-2016 @ 16:35 
Avatar
understanding of the sport, little he has.
Member 798, 9948 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
AdamT said:
KevC86 said:
I dont see Leeman getting close to this. His last record pull should never have been given!
Awesome lift from Jerry, really looking forward to seeing everyone in action in Leeds.


I remember the thread on Leemans lift. It wasn't locked out.

I concur with these learned gentlemen - Leeman's lift was red lights for me
LaTutaIcon...07-05-2016 @ 15:09 
I am from Germany so i know what i talk about.
Member 5171, 1049 posts
SQ 217.5, BP 160, DL 233.5
611.0 kgs @ 83kgs UnEq
AdamT said:I wish the deadlift was raw. If it was raw, Brian would win for sure.


He can still win it Raw even if the others lift with a suit.
AdamTIcon...07-05-2016 @ 15:44 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5209 posts
LaTuta said:
He can still win it Raw even if the others lift with a suit.


Not sure if he can beat Ed raw. If he does, then he is the real beast.
LaTutaIcon...07-05-2016 @ 19:05 
I am from Germany so i know what i talk about.
Member 5171, 1049 posts
SQ 217.5, BP 160, DL 233.5
611.0 kgs @ 83kgs UnEq
AdamT said:
Not sure if he can beat Ed raw. If he does, then he is the real beast.


Do you really think ed will get his 500kg pull?
IMO he is really far away from that.
At the Arnold brian didn't even knew he could lift as much as he could with such ease.
So i think he can really win this.
AdamTIcon...07-05-2016 @ 21:30 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5209 posts
LaTuta said:
Do you really think ed will get his 500kg pull?
IMO he is really far away from that.
At the Arnold brian didn't even knew he could lift as much as he could with such ease.
So i think he can really win this.


Depends how much suit adds. He could get 480. Perhaps Brian can as well.
The_Lone_WolfIcon...07-05-2016 @ 21:45 
Avatar
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 3014 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
Eds goal is to win WSM... However despite being a contender in the top 4 with Z, Shaw and Thor, most people wouldn't put money on him to beat all 3 of those. It's not impossible but most would say it's unlikely.

Most would say a 500kg deadlift is impossible too, but yet again Ed is a contender and the front runner.

What would people say is the most realistic? I'd guess the 500, and if he does it, and I honestly hope he does, that will go down in history perhaps more than winning a WSM title.
MikenetoIcon...07-05-2016 @ 22:58 
End of an era.
Member 4646, 1964 posts
On Benni's recent vid I actually think he was attempting 410kg for x2 or x3..but the plates fell off. His first rep is quick. He is looking big as well.
BigMaccaIcon...07-05-2016 @ 23:47 
Avatar
understanding of the sport, little he has.
Member 798, 9948 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
Mikeneto said:On Benni's recent vid I actually think he was attempting 410kg for x2 or x3..but the plates fell off. His first rep is quick. He is looking big as well.

My money is on The B.

His training had been excellent recently and he's not nursing / recovering from AGM injury for the first time in years.

500kg is crack pipe though, 470kg is more like it
WiegieboardIcon...08-05-2016 @ 00:32 
Avatar
as crimson as my last victims underclothing.....
Member 899, 11371 posts
SQ 180, BP 132.5, DL 190
502.5 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
Great deadlift.
Crazy stance position too.
CAJIcon...08-05-2016 @ 01:16 
Avatar
I recommend the track - Slut Machine
Member 6043, 957 posts
SQ 350, BP 195, DL 350
895.0 kgs @ 150kgs UnEq
Some strong contenders..

The_Lone_WolfIcon...08-05-2016 @ 08:15 
Avatar
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 3014 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
Terry is looking huge in that clip.
unit94Icon...08-05-2016 @ 09:22 
Avatar
what is everyone's fran time?
Member 3986, 10452 posts
SQ 340, BP 200, DL 400
940.0 kgs @ 129kgs Eq
Benni continuing to rep with a plate missing on one side was crazily impressive
KevC86Icon...08-05-2016 @ 09:23 
Avatar
Member 5141, 4924 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 350
830.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
The_Lone_Wolf said:Eds goal is to win WSM....


I dont agree with this.

I know Ed keeps saying that is his goal, but recent comp performances seem to suggest that Ed has shifted his focus entirely towards the 500kg deadlift, which makes complete sense to me.

Being the first man to pull 500kg will last a lot longer as a legacy than a lone WSM title. And legacy seems to be what matters to Ed.
LaTutaIcon...08-05-2016 @ 09:48 
I am from Germany so i know what i talk about.
Member 5171, 1049 posts
SQ 217.5, BP 160, DL 233.5
611.0 kgs @ 83kgs UnEq
Wow if benni does 400kg for reps in training, something really huge will happen.
I haven't seen him do such weights in training for years.
He said his goal is 500 too.
My bet would be on him being the first to get it
samue1sonIcon...08-05-2016 @ 10:05 
Avatar
Member 4416, 1391 posts
SQ 210, BP 175, DL 255
640.0 kgs @ 122kgs UnEq
Nobody will get 500. Not in the next 10 years at least, if ever.

Going up a kilo or 3 after 463 is a year of training, dedicating almost entirely to that. Adding over 30kg to the best in history will not be done.

If anybody did do it, they wod literally keel over on the platform, vomit insulina and drop dead in front of spectators.

123456

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions