Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosBest way to increase power clean?

Best way to increase power clean?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

SouthernBrother
As above, is it better to do as part of a strength routine, or more tech work? Or both?
High reps, low reps, what % etc... Or do you just practice cleans on event days??
slimsim
SouthernBrother said:As above, is it better to do as part of a strength routine, or more tech work? Or both?
High reps, low reps, what % etc... Or do you just practice cleans on event days??

Low reps, lots of sets, every session if possible! It takes thousands of reps to become really proficient at them so the more you do and the more regularly you do them the sooner you'll get better.

You could do light ones for sets of 5 as part of a full body warm up. Heavy doubles one day, triples another, hang power cleans another, power cleans from blocks another. There's loads of variations so that you're not doing the same movement every single time.
Just out of curiosity have you got domebody to help you who knows how to power clean and a decent barbell...?
SouthernBrother
Had a few pointers at a crossfit gym. But that's about it.
I train alone in my garage now.
Practise, lots of good non fatigued reps is what you need
SouthernBrother said:Had a few pointers at a crossfit gym. But that's about it.
I train alone in my garage now.

Do you know roughly roughly what a good power clean should look like and feel like then...?

If so is be interested in watching some videos and offering some help on how to improve technique... Free of charge just PM me
PhillippeHalter said:
Do you know roughly roughly what a good power clean should look like and feel like then...?
If so is be interested in watching some videos and offering some help on how to improve technique... Free of charge just PM me

You instantly improved my power clean in OSG many moons ago, simply by introducing me to hook grip Grin
SouthernBrother
Thanks. I'll do some in my next training session, won't be til Tuesday.
I'll stick the vids up on this thread.

Thanks again.
SouthernBrother
I think so.... But I may be barking up the wrong tree. You can always learn more in this game...
They didn't do a lot of power cleans at this gym, mainly full cleans.
dannyboy73
5-3-1 took me from 100k to 115k muscle cleann and push press last year with historical torn tendons.

might be worth a try???
luki
Hang cleans and swings with kettlebell (warmup) are good auxiliary work.
luki
Doing a heavy day and light day works for me on everything.
SouthernBrother
Here is a vid of my power clean, if anyone has advice.
Only went up to 70, my best is 95, but that's just ripping it off the floor to my tits and rolling it up my chest while leaning back far too much.

http://youtu.be/EbcDZQEDDGE
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosBest way to increase power clean?
Return to top View Desktop Site