Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWould anyone be interested

Would anyone be interested

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

JC said:
I've always though having straps on an axle kind of negates the point of axle DL
I always though axle DL was a DL/Grip event?

Same here, that said, it is a major handicap for the smaller handed gent if straps aren't allowed. Unhappy
JC said:
I've always though having straps on an axle kind of negates the point of axle DL

I don't think it does. Axle has a different feel to an oly bar. Zero flex and further away from the body. Isn't it mainly used for visual impact?
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
I don't think it does. Axle has a different feel to an oly bar. Zero flex and further away from the body. Isn't it mainly used for visual impact?

Dont think it has any visual impact TBH

More about the weights/wheels etc on the end that make it look heavy
FatRav
fatter_tomorrow said:
and me.

nice one =)

i don't even own a pair of knee wraps lol, honestly don't give a crap just want to lift as bdfpa don't have any meets on from now to the end of the year unless you qualify for them, and i couldn't make it to the qualifier i needed because of the snow. sucks!
PeteHodgson said:
Same here, that said, it is a major handicap for the smaller handed gent if straps aren't allowed. Unhappy

Isnt that the same with all grip events?

Its a bit like me saying that pressing is a handicap for me with my monkey arms, or squats are a handicap with my long legs. Whilst it might be true, who gives a f**k?
LOl, monkey arms and giraffe legs , is there a proposed date for the 'boar to win' fest ?
FatRav
would be a laugh if it was made 0 equipment apart from belt and chalk =D
i vote for:

axle squat
axle clean and press
axle deadlift

no equipment

Grin
Post Edited: 12.03.2010 @ 16:07 PM by Tony
Like I've said if its meant to be a fun comp make it fun.

Every adders comp I've done I've never gone there to beat anyone or given a f**k about where I've placed. I've gone there to beat my current PBs.

IMO that means if someone wants to squat equipped or pull sumo in briefs and double ply suit whilst wearing straps then let them crack on.

Loads of PB attempts, loads of guys shouting for each other and a cracking atmosphere!
Tony said:Like I've said if its meant to be a fun comp make it fun.

Every adders comp I've done I've never gone there to beat anyone or given a f**k about where I've placed. I've gone there to beat my current PBs.

IMO that means if someone wants to squat equipped or pull sumo in briefs and double ply suit whilst wearing straps then let them crack on.

exactly!!
suits are are for losers
Post Edited: 12.03.2010 @ 16:15 PM by Tony
bhamstaff said:suits are are for losers

Well let other people be losers then whilst you concentrate on busting your own PBs.

Its a fun comp.

If Carl comes down and squats 300kg PB fully suited up and I only squat 205 raw for a PB then what does it matter. We're all like minded guys and I should imagine a PB attempt of any kind regardless of weight would draw the same level of support and cheering from the crowd and fellow competitors.

The fact that he shifts 95kg more doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me, or detract from my enjoyment(fun factor) of the day.
FatRav
i agree
Tony said:Like I've said if its meant to be a fun comp make it fun.

Loads of PB attempts, loads of guys shouting for each other and a cracking atmosphere!

I'm not one for suits, but this makes a lot of sense

As long as squats are to IPF depth, there is no prob for me
im down for anything if its end of year.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWould anyone be interested
Return to top View Desktop Site