Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsWoods 5 point win

Woods 5 point win

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

2 guys loaded the 160 stone, me and cleggers.. stones is a banker event for paul and before he went out he said to me that he only needs for stones.. and paul did ask me what i could deadlift and i said you will have to wait and see.. he also asked me what i could do on the viking press and i said about 20 reps, when i new i was really only good for 17 reps,, and i only did 14 reps (wank) if people ask you what you can do at a comp lie to them!!!!!!!!!!!!! its all mind games but it is part of the sport.. im used to woody now so it dont bother me.. he no's i have him sust out lol paul is a charactor in strongman and there are few people like him..
Martin_Jones
It's apparent that the some of you guys are not happy with the result. Looks like the moaning has continued.

Does it matter whether Paul won by 1 point or 50 points, a win is a win. I wounder if people would moan if someone else won?

All this stuff about split times and that, yes it is a balls up but would it make the result different, lets say Paul came second and the splits were there, maybe he would have won. I doubt it.

At the end of the day Paul won with out cheating, that's all that matters. Just make sure you guys train harder to allow yourselves to beat him next time round.
Who's moaning?

Some 'BigWilly' posted about how great Woods is, a few siad he won yes, but it was close

Thats it!! No moaning

Since when, has voicing an opinion/have a view point become moaning?

I dont think any competing athlete has siad "X or Y or Z would have won but for the scoring"
BigWilly
what difference does a couple of kilos make if your not strong enough thats it. There were lots of good people in the comp and very strong at certain events! Woods still won with the same problems as every1 else just think people should say well done. The whitstable comp will b a real strongman comp with strongman events. lets hope woods doesnt win!
BigWilly said:what difference does a couple of kilos make if your not strong enough thats it. There were lots of good people in the comp and very strong at certain events! Woods still won with the same problems as every1 else just think people should say well done. The whitstable comp will b a real strongman comp with strongman events. lets hope woods doesnt win!

So what events were they on Saturday????????????
BigWilly
2 pressing events, squats and deadlifts would favour the power lifter wouldnt u say? Isnt there more 2strongman?
Yes there is more to strongman. thats why there was also a conans wheel, stones and a moving medley
And powerlifters dont squat in a frame, deadlift with skips and an axle, or press things overhead to often, let alone unusual shaped objects like a log, sleeper and giant dumbbell
BigWilly said:2 pressing events, squats and deadlifts would favour the power lifter wouldnt u say?

It would favour someone who trains them
Post Edited: 28.06.2010 @ 17:25 PM by thosebananas
the OP?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WYbBX_oMEI&feature=related
LOL, not big willy JT hall ? surely ?
BigWilly
At the end of the day woods won and fair and square even with events that favour x power lifters. He is the best 105 and when there are less static events then he will win without all this rubbish about scales and split times. Trouble is people lose and look 4 excuses, you need to be good at every event or stay close to the top in your bad 1s. Think the only people who moan are the 1s who cant do it themselves!
Yeah but who's moaning
woods is the best 105 but the scales and split timing controversy is valid ,as is the lack of kettlebell events , the athletes enjoyed the day ... lets move on !!
People are not moaning about Woods winning for f**ks sake!!!

People are talking about the comp, its problems etc. Nothing to do with whether or not woods should have won it or not. Go find a f**king post that proves im wrong and put it up here!

Oh, and seriously, Well done Paul Woods! He won. He deserves to be congratulated!

People have spoken about the scales because... well...they were f**ked! Nothing to do with Paul Woods!

People spoke about the split times as they got penalised for trying the heavier implements. They wanted more points to reflect on their own personal performances. Especially when people went into events not knowing the times wernt split! AGAIN, nothing to do with Woods ad his comp win!

You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsWoods 5 point win
Return to top View Desktop Site