REGISTER
 

What tier are you in?

123456789

WILLSANIcon...20-12-2020 @ 10:50 
Avatar
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16708 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
im a pussy so therefore everyone else must be a pussy = boomer logic.
PeteHodgsonIcon...20-12-2020 @ 11:11 
Avatar
Has little understanding of the sugden
Member 677, 11338 posts
SQ 165, BP 125, DL 220
510.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 20.12.2020 @ 11:11 AM by PeteHodgson
I go to my mums at Xmas. I can’t avoid working, but I’ve been more cautious about risking coming into contact with the virus these last few weeks. (Before bozo decided it would be a good idea! He so wise) We will also be respecting her wishes and spending less time than usual at hers, and being as careful as we can. In case any of us have Covid. I realise that not wanting my mum to get ill (or worse) or anyone else in my family for that matter, may come across as weak, or subservient. But I really don’t care about that at all. I can live with making some small changes for a day or so, over the possible alternative.
Given the option, I’d rather I, and my family and friends, never get Covid. I don’t know for certain what the long term implications could be. I don’t quite understand those who don’t care tbh.
RickIcon...20-12-2020 @ 11:31 
Avatar
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10068 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
WILLSAN said:im a pussy so therefore everyone else must be a pussy = boomer logic.


There does seem to be a strong strain of "I'm an irresponsible s**t and so clearly the majority of the population are too, and the rest are cowards" hereabouts. Dickhead logic.
WILLSANIcon...20-12-2020 @ 11:33 
Avatar
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16708 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
Rick said:
There does seem to be a strong strain of "I'm an irresponsible s**t and so clearly the majority of the population are too, and the rest are cowards" hereabouts. Dickhead logic.


you are supposed to put an =
SparrowIcon...20-12-2020 @ 11:50 
Avatar
always lookIng for the extra UT2 work.
Member 9, 18279 posts
SQ 255, BP 167.5, DL 330
752.5 kgs @ 103kgs Eq
Fatpete said:
I can.
They will say they won't and afterwards will say they didn't. But they will. That is the beauty of keyboard warriors, they stay behind their keyboards :-)


I guess it depends on everybody’s circumstances.

For me, we are in Tier 3, so it is still allowed by law. The two other families we are ‘gathering’ with have all already had Covid, so the risk of them now spreading or catching it is surely very low. We’ve also got some 20-minute testing kits from somewhere that I cannot say, and we will all be having a test on Christmas Eve. Hopefully, we’ll all be fine and can enjoy some sense of normality on a special day for six young children who will be with us.

For you, you may choose not to go round to your kids, or they may choose not to invite you this year. (Please correct me if this isn’t what you usually do.)

I think both of the above situations are perfectly acceptable.
AdamTIcon...20-12-2020 @ 11:51 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5209 posts
I will happily await prime minister Whittys next instructions, whilst I eat Christmas dinner in a separate room from family wearing my mask

We need to stay alert and protect the NHS
WILLSANIcon...20-12-2020 @ 12:12 
Avatar
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16708 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/132070262_10157588696436860_1077136321668824570_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=Z2gUeVdRGrkAX9BDUVt&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=3fa24f0f16230a0b4f04f56436664ddd&oe=600606FC
AdamTIcon...20-12-2020 @ 12:16 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5209 posts
WILLSAN said:https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/132070262_10157588696436860_1077136321668824570_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=Z2gUeVdRGrkAX9BDUVt&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=3fa24f0f16230a0b4f04f56436664ddd&oe=600606FC


Lol

We will soon have to pay for the privilege to breathe
FatpeteIcon...20-12-2020 @ 12:21 
Avatar
Hyper obese Pete
Member 70, 19417 posts
SQ 322.5, BP 205, DL 300
827.5 kgs @ 133kgs Eq
Post Edited: 20.12.2020 @ 12:26 PM by Fatpete
Sparrow said:
For you, you may choose not to go round to your kids, or they may choose not to invite you this year. (Please correct me if this isn’t what you usually do.)
I think both of the above situations are perfectly acceptable.


Your memory is correct. There are usually four households there on Christmas day, one of those will have visited another household before arriving.

Our kid and his missus have wisely decided (in my view) to have just the one visitor this year - me.

The government's advice was not a big factor in any of this, our kid's common sense was.
FatpeteIcon...20-12-2020 @ 12:25 
Avatar
Hyper obese Pete
Member 70, 19417 posts
SQ 322.5, BP 205, DL 300
827.5 kgs @ 133kgs Eq
WILLSAN said:im a pussy so therefore everyone else must be a pussy = boomer logic.


Just googled boomer and discovered that I am one. So maybe that was directed at me ?
Whilst that may or may not be true, it has no relevance to what I actually said. Maybe it did to what you thought I said. Who knows ?
PeteHodgsonIcon...20-12-2020 @ 12:26 
Avatar
Has little understanding of the sugden
Member 677, 11338 posts
SQ 165, BP 125, DL 220
510.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
Fatpete said:

The government's advice was not a big factor in any of this, our common sense was.


This is great to hear. If everyone had a bit of common sense...
SparrowIcon...20-12-2020 @ 12:31 
Avatar
always lookIng for the extra UT2 work.
Member 9, 18279 posts
SQ 255, BP 167.5, DL 330
752.5 kgs @ 103kgs Eq
Post Edited: 20.12.2020 @ 13:25 PM by Sparrow
Fatpete said:
Your memory is correct. There are usually four households there on Christmas day, one of those will have visited another household before arriving.
Our kid and his missus have wisely decided (in my view) to have just the one visitor this year - me.
The government's advice was not a big factor in any of this, our kid's common sense was.


I’m glad it’s worked out well for you. I hope you enjoy your festive feast.

I think we can all agree that a bit of common sense goes a long way.
WILLSANIcon...20-12-2020 @ 12:34 
Avatar
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16708 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
we dont need common sense.

we have the government to tell us what to do.
RickIcon...20-12-2020 @ 12:52 
Avatar
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10068 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
WILLSAN said:we dont need common sense.



If that were true, it would be just as well.
WILLSANIcon...20-12-2020 @ 13:15 
Avatar
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16708 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
Rick said:
If that were true, it would be just as well.


the joke is that there is a causal relationship between the two.

are you familiar with plato's republic?

123456789

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions