Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosWestside BB for a natty?

Westside BB for a natty?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

AMG
http://www.sugdenbarbell.co.uk/routines/The-Standard-Westside-...

Was looking at this template, would it be a good to run or would maxing out on deadlifts every week be too much?
Your supposed to switch exercises around so you wouldn't be maxing deadlifts every week but I don't think only doing max singles and speed work every week is a very good programme.
unit94 said:Your supposed to switch exercises around so you wouldn't be maxing deadlifts every week but I don't think only doing max singles and speed work every week is a very good programme.

...the circumference of a triangle is equivalent to the basal metabolic rate of the average polar bear. The average bar speed is equal or higher to the force velocity acquired by a meerkat blasted from a cannon.

I think you'll agree.
Fazc said:
...the circumference of a triangle is equivalent to the basal metabolic rate of the average polar bear. The average bar speed is equal or higher to the force velocity acquired by a meerkat blasted from a cannon.
I think you'll agree.

POINT EIGHT METERS!!!
AMH_Power
Post Edited: 31.12.2013 @ 20:25 PM by AMH_Power
AMG said:http://www.sugdenbarbell.co.uk/routines/The-Standard-Westside-...

Was looking at this template, would it be a good to run or would maxing out on deadlifts every week be too much?

Lifting is a skill. No matter how many curls, lateral raises etc etc I do with my left arm, I will never throw as far as I can with my right arm. I need to practice throwing it.

f**k variants of the lifts. Just do the actual lifts.

The reason west side gained popularity is because people go there, learn to beat world records by doing half squats, high fiving judges, and take silly amounts of gear followed by trash talking other feds saying they have the strongest people in the world at WSBB.

I'm sure others will disagree, but when the biggest part of the whole WSBB thing is box squats, regardless if you are raw/equipped, highbar/lowbar, is just a joke.

I honestly believe the circus that is WSBB is what makes powerlifting a laughing stock and not a professional sport.

to answer your question, raw and drug free... stick with tried and tested linear periodization as used by some of the greatest lifters of all time.
Steve
unit94 said:Your supposed to switch exercises around so you wouldn't be maxing deadlifts every week but I don't think only doing max singles and speed work every week is a very good programme.

Quite a few of the best ever GBPF lifters have used versions of Westside
Post Edited: 31.12.2013 @ 20:28 PM by unit94
Steve said:
Quite a few of the best ever GBPF lifters have used versions of Westside

Who? And what did they lift?
Steve
unit94 said:

Heaviest ever men's total, greatest ever men's and women's wilks, heaviest ever squat, first women's triple bwt squat, first women's double bwt bench and heaviest ever women's bench press, first women's 500lbs squat
Evis
Steve said:
Heaviest ever men's total, greatest ever men's and women's wilks, heaviest ever squat, first women's triple bwt squat, first women's double bwt bench and heaviest ever women's bench press, first women's 500lbs squat

I hope youre not talking about multi-ply lifting here...
Steve said:

That's quite afew, I still reckon it's a crap programme though!
Steve
Evis said:
I hope youre not talking about multi-ply lifting here...

I said GBPF lifters, so no not multi ply
Post Edited: 31.12.2013 @ 22:13 PM by milsy
unit94 said:
As Steve said aome of the best gbpf lifters uses an adapted version of it and many of the equipped guys still do
minibig1
milsy said:
Trust me Steve knows his history you don't need to ask

Interesting to know though
AMH_Power
Steve said:
I said GBPF lifters, so no not multi ply

All the achievements you posted are equipped.
A modified routine can cover a vast difference in programmes.
If wsbb was so good, it wouldn't need modifying.

The only way to be sure is try it for yourself, gains are gains, but I believe intelligent programming using super compensation to its fullest will trump a collection of similar exercises performed to 1rm week in week out.

Sure some things may carry over, but you don't need to worry about carryover to a lift when you actually train the lift frequently.

The majority of people and gym warriors naturally do westside style of training by maxing bench weekly and doing reps with accessory work. As soon as they move to linear the gains are much higher.

If I had 3 month to improve my lift by the biggest margin possible, I'd be training THAT lift day in day out with varying volume and intensity. The last thing on my mind would be how much I could box squat or close grip inclined board band press.

You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosWestside BB for a natty?
Return to top View Desktop Site