Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosWestside BB for a natty?

Westside BB for a natty?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Power_nash
Sorry i didnt actualy answer your question, on squat and bench should be performed in as close to competition style weekly, though deads can be substituted for partail lifts if high% 1rm squats are being performed that week. as in my opinion the heavy deep squat position helps with power off the floor. ( i didnt read it in any book, just my opinion, and partly the reason you can sustain your dead on smolov)
For me the lifts very often and also variations of the lifts get me jacked. Squats, front squats; things like tricep extensions dont seem to do anything.
IrishMarc said:

weak points in lifts will always exist in the same place its biomechanics and will always where someone fails witj limit weight.

I Agree. A Raw flat backed deadlift with always be failed off the floor, a round backed deadlift will be failed at lockout, a raw squat will be failed out the hole, a raw bench will fail off the chest or just before the transition. in my opinion
Power_nash
frankie1parke said:
I Agree. A Raw flat backed deadlift with always be failed off the floor, a round backed deadlift will be failed at lockout, a raw squat will be failed out the hole, a raw bench will fail off the chest or just before the transition. in my opinion

are these conditions for you ? because i have seen pleanty of flat back raw deads fail at lock out, and raw squats being failed well out of the hole.
Power_nash said:
are these conditions for you ? because i have seen pleanty of flat back raw deads fail at lock out, and raw squats being failed well out of the hole.

Indeed. Everyone had their own 'mini-max' based on individual biomechanics, technique. With a small portion attributable to strength of an individual muscle/groups.

Generalities of course still exist.

You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosWestside BB for a natty?
Return to top View Desktop Site