Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsWales' Strongest Man 2013 - Under 105s

Wales' Strongest Man 2013 - Under 105s

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Welldo SimonWink
jones105
Anth,you were on fire today,one lil slip up butt...don let that throw U back...consistsnt through out...tight comp guys...cracking to watch...
well done si and other lads
ross_stone
well done to ant simon thomas and neil. crazy strong 105s at the moment think they would give the open welsh boys a run for they money.
Welshpower
And there are still places available if you wanna step up boys
Small but quality line-up! Well done lads, many congrats to Si - top competitor.
MartinCee
Sounds like a great comp....Anyone got any video footage? I will happily take it and release on VOS Happy
Martin_Jones
ross_stone said:well done to ant simon thomas and neil. crazy strong 105s at the moment think they would give the open welsh boys a run for they money.

They gave me a run for my money.... I'm knackered from yesterday... I'm pretty convinced that it's easier competing.

Well done to the Top Three lads, first and second ended up being very close. It was great to watch and a joy (and hard work) to ref....

And a special well done to my boy Lewis who I'm sure will be a contender for first next year.
Martin_Jones
Ben_F said:Small but quality line-up! Well done lads, many congrats to Si - top competitor.

Simon had a good day with three solid event wins... looks in top form. He impressed me with his stroll on the sheild.
x2 mart, every bone in my body was hurting last night, and lost a stone through sweat!!!! well done to all the boys, you could see how much it meant to all of them.. ant griff shouldnt be ashamed of anything, real gutsy performance!!!

nathan llew...
Martin_Jones said:
They gave me a run for my money.... I'm knackered from yesterday... I'm pretty convinced that it's easier competing.
Well done to the Top Three lads, first and second ended up being very close. It was great to watch and a joy (and hard work) to ref....
And a special well done to my boy Lewis who I'm sure will be a contender for first next year.
Celticstrength
Simon_T's write up from Britishstrongman.

Well here's my write up.

Weighed in on the day at 104kg wearing my clothes so roughly around 101kg on the day.

Event 1
250kg DL/reps.
My build up to this has been terrible, been struggling with knee problems for months and couldn't even squat an empty bar 4 weeks ago so my leg strength has dropped considerably which has had a knock on effect to my DL.
Anyway, I was pulled out of the hat last so was in the last pairing.
The ref called us in to explain the rules, no hitching!!
That was me f**ked, the lads before me got 12,11,11 & 10.
I knew I'd be up there but not without hitching.
Up I went, contemplating just doing enough to get 5th, got to my 6th rep, pulled a 7th with a slight hitch, ref warned me for hitching, so left it there.

7reps - 5th place

Event 2
120kg Axle FTOH.
I was confident of getting 5 reps here as I'd done 2x4 in training.
Got 2 comfortably, then started to look at the other guy lifting against me and lost concentration, failed the next 2 attempts, gutted.

2 reps - last place.

Ready to pack my bags and head for home, my head was shot, totally gutted and 8 points off the lead, with only 6 competitors my chances of a top 3 finish were slim. But I though I'd go for the yoke and sheild as they were my favourite events then see how the points looked.

Event 3
360kg Yoke x 18m (drop and turn at 9m)

Went out first I this and did it in 22s.
The overall leader got 22.5s.
One point gained.

22s - Event win

Event 4
160kg Sheild carry for distance. (Turn every 12m)
Last out for this. Perfect.
The overall leader got 38m which was the best distance.
I was confident going into this as I'd done 75m in training so it looked promising.
Did three lengths turned for the fourth, only had to go halfway but decided to do the full length and put the sheild back in the stand.

48m - Event Win.

Event 5
120kg Farmers x 9m into 170kg Duckwalk x 9m
Last out again, didn't bother checking times just went for it.

15s - Event Win

Event 6
140kg Atlas stone over 50" yoke/reps

Going into the last event I was in second, 4 points behind the leader.
The lads before us got 4,7,8,7.
Then Neil (current leader) went out and got 6 reps.
This opened the door for me, 9 reps put me tied first but I'd win on coutback.
No Pressure!!
One-motioned the first 4 or 5 I think, then got to 7, with loads of time left, 8 went over easy so did 9!!!
I'd done it, unbelievable, and I had about 20s left too.

Well chuffed, I'm glad I stuck around now.
What an awesome comp, had a great battle with Neil, my training partner, who was understandably gutted afterwards but s**t happens. Big thanks to Tyrone for taking this on and the referees/loaders great job.

Videos to come when I get a chance.
you were awesome on sunday sim mate......hard graft paid off.......you and neil were fantastic............sorry put u off on the axle!ha!....was nice 2 beat u at something for once even if was a cock up on your part!......standard gone so high lately in wales mind.......i equalled goswell but was still behind the others on axle!ha! wanted 5 also!lol
jones105
Thanks Simon,and no probs...think I'll.stick around with the weigh classes next yr..we got a tidy venue which I think will be a permanent base for us...
Martin_Jones
Sorry about the "no hitch" rule mate. I hate hitching and as it was on an oly bar with oly plates I thought it was only right that we had a real deadlift show. And if it was up to me I would of banded suits and briefs too. I didn't realise you had depended on hitching.... not that i would of changed the rules anyway!!

The farmers where 140kg not 120kg mate, so you did better than you thought. And the sheild walk was 16metres not 12, so again you did 64metres very easy might I add - and thanks for placing it back on the stand for usGrin

I must say, reading over your write up i didn't realise you had a bad start like that. It just goes to show that if people dig deep like you had done then the result will come.

It was a pleasure reffering for you guys and i really enjoyed it, and a stand out performance from you and Neil.

I know some of my ruling are not to everyones liking but I try to be fair and transparent.

Well done Wales Strongest Man... (you only need one more to equal me now)Happy

You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsWales' Strongest Man 2013 - Under 105s
Return to top View Desktop Site