REGISTER
 

Training my baws off.

12345678910 ... ... 3839404142434445464748

ThingIcon...14-10-2010 @ 20:38 
Avatar
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31706 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
thosebananas said:
Cheers bud. Gonna start about 4th november, hopefully be in ketosis by 10th. Then 45 days to rape it!


what do you think you'll loose in that time?

i think i'm a tad apprehensive about loosing to much strength to try it
thosebananasIcon...14-10-2010 @ 22:16 
Avatar
Trophy Hunter
Member 743, 3329 posts
SQ 230, BP 130, DL 300
660.0 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
Thing said:
what do you think you'll loose in that time?
i think i'm a tad apprehensive about loosing to much strength to try it


Realistically 15 kilos, aiming for over 20 thou! I reckon 5-10 percent strength lose is ok

Look up the vdiet on tnation, I basically did a butchered version of that with myprotein products and a few solid meals last time. It is possible to maintaion or even increase strength apparently but I reckon that's relevant to the more untrained individual!
davycummingsIcon...14-10-2010 @ 23:11 
Avatar
he's got betty davis eyes
Member 1684, 6001 posts
SQ 250, BP 186, DL 291
727.0 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
That is a pretty brutal weight loss. Will be interested to hear how that goes.

You seem to have good raw power, so if you can keep that and be lighter on your feet it should help your events even if it doesn't help the gym lifts. I have accidentally lost weight recently and starting to feel a negative effect on static stuff.

Good luck tho, looking forward to competing against you in March
thosebananasIcon...16-10-2010 @ 15:59 
Avatar
Trophy Hunter
Member 743, 3329 posts
SQ 230, BP 130, DL 300
660.0 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
Deads

20kg x10
60kg x5
100kg x5
140kg x5
180kg x5

These sets were done with only the time taken to add plates as rest!

Belt on

200kg x5
220kg x5
240kg x3
250kg 2x3
260kg x3

225kg x5

Belt off

180kg x10

Felt sick, went home.
thosebananasIcon...18-10-2010 @ 20:24 
Avatar
Trophy Hunter
Member 743, 3329 posts
SQ 230, BP 130, DL 300
660.0 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
A lot has been going on in my life recently. I worked 62 hours last week and looks like another 50+ this week. I've also got 3 injury concerns - left rotator cuff, left itband/hip and right bicep. So I've decided to keep this weeks training to the essentials, due to lack of time, lack of energy and not wanting to further damage to injuries.

High bar squats

60kg x5
100kg x5
140kg x5
160kg x3

Belt on

160kg x3
180kg x2
200kg x2 PB

Belt off

140kg x10

120kg x6 (3 second pause in hole)

Front squats
60kg x5
80kg x5

Done.
BigKenIcon...18-10-2010 @ 21:57 
Avatar
Not in Loz's top 10 uk strongmen
Member 144, 4421 posts
SQ 320, BP 165, DL 350
835.0 kgs @ 123kgs Eq
How is 200 for 2 a PB when you've done 210k for 3 both with and without wraps...
thosebananasIcon...19-10-2010 @ 05:24 
Avatar
Trophy Hunter
Member 743, 3329 posts
SQ 230, BP 130, DL 300
660.0 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
BigKen said:How is 200 for 2 a PB when you've done 210k for 3 both with and without wraps...


High bar!
thosebananasIcon...29-10-2010 @ 08:14 
Avatar
Trophy Hunter
Member 743, 3329 posts
SQ 230, BP 130, DL 300
660.0 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
On the way to Hungary for World Naturals.

Bring it on! Happy
Ben_FIcon...29-10-2010 @ 08:33 
Avatar
vegetarian with a big deadlift - who would have thought...
Member 340, 13300 posts
SQ 315, BP 190, DL 350
855.0 kgs @ 115kgs UnEq
Good luck big fella! All the best to the team. Cool
PeteHodgsonIcon...29-10-2010 @ 08:52 
Avatar
Has little understanding of the sugden
Member 677, 11338 posts
SQ 165, BP 125, DL 220
510.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
Good luck Scott, and the rest of the Brits.
martinbIcon...29-10-2010 @ 12:33 
Avatar
Grass fed
Member 1147, 7710 posts
SQ 220, BP 185, DL 272.5
677.5 kgs @ 113kgs UnEq
Good luck big man

Worlds Strongest (natural said while coughing) Man, would sound pretty good!
ThingIcon...29-10-2010 @ 12:35 
Avatar
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31706 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
Good Luck Banana Man
ben66Icon...29-10-2010 @ 12:54 
Avatar
Why get fat to look big?
Member 1330, 4797 posts
SQ 300, BP 200, DL 305
805.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Good luck Scott.
thosebananasIcon...01-11-2010 @ 09:16 
Avatar
Trophy Hunter
Member 743, 3329 posts
SQ 230, BP 130, DL 300
660.0 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
Quick wee comp write up.

Flew out on friday, all was going well until I arrived in Hungary and got a text saying one of my best pals from N.Ireland had died. She went on a night out on Thursday, came home, went to bed then got up to go to the toilet and had an Acute Asthma attack and sadly died. This news completly threw me. I didn't sleep the night before and couldn't focus. I was numb on comp day.

Events
Stones - as others have or will post. The point system and way this worked was confusing. I loaded the 120 to the lower platform in one motion for my first lift, I loaded the 140 easily to the lowrr platform for my 2nd attempt and then couldn't lap the 160 on third attempt. Tacky came off, think I had too much on. Highlight on this for me was seeing short arse Kye load to the top platform and watching Marek load a 180 to the high platform. Laszlos record break was pretty good too

Tyre flip - weight was said to be 400kg, but imo it was over 500. Also a think tyre so couldn't get shoulders into it. All arms. I got it up to knees and it wouldn't budge at all. Held it there for what felt like an age. No flips and I assume no points. Hurt my right wrist on this when putting it down.

Hussafell stone - 180kg/20metres. - pick was fine, but I shud have went lower on stone. Made it about 10metres before hearing something pop in thumb. Dropped it. Had dislocated my thumb. Put it back in myself.

Yoke - I estimate this to have been 410+kg. Think it was 7x25's a side plus yoke weight. It was 2 drops and out. I made it a metre or less. Got 0.5 points. The scoring system on this was retarded!

Power stairs - completed the 200 and 220kg implements, but couldn't load the 255kg.

Overall a very poor showing from me. Enjoyed the trip immensly thou, couldn't have asked for a better group of lads to be out there with. The night out was spectacular aswell. Wink didn't see a munter the whole time we were in hungary. Just plain ridiculous!

The fat loss project has been put on hold as I'm back in ireland for the funeral and not sure when I'm back over to glasgow etc and am now completely skint after BA robbing me blind to change my fligts to get home in time for funeral.

Next year!!!
bryceIcon...01-11-2010 @ 09:29 
Avatar
Juice loose aboot this hoose
Member 1401, 3962 posts
SQ 160, BP 107.5, DL 210
477.5 kgs @ 88kgs UnEq
Sorry about your loss mate.

Glad you had a good time in Hungary, sounds like a tough comp!

12345678910 ... ... 3839404142434445464748

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions