Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitTom needs help with his shirt LOL!

Tom needs help with his shirt LOL!

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Martin1956 said:
Not necessarily. I can put on and take off my own shirt and I get 40 kilos+ out of it. As for the wider picture, yes I find that the banter spills over far more than it used to and Sugden's become less of a powerlifting forum and more of a strongman one. Maybe it's grown to the point where we need two separate forum sections? I know some powerlifters who don't bother posting any more and that's a shame. It would be good to see them back. As to why the thread was started, wtf??

I can only speak for myself but the banter I dish out is only that.

I have benched in a shirt before and may do again.

As I said previously I think if members are being put of posting its a real shame.
trollokov said:
The problem is that sugden has a general bulls**t section not a powerlifting/strongman section. At BB.com, there is a special trolling section that your daughters should never see and a powerlifting/strongman section.

Confused what do think the training & training videos bit is for?
BenchLust
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
Being anti-bench doesn't make me evil Grin
I've just had a quick look at bodybuilding.com out of curiosity and saw the thread "how much do you curl?". Not the forum for me thanks!! Grin

BB.com gets a terrible rap here. But the truth is it has massive traffic. Therefore it has more good threads and more bad threads than this forum. Threads dissapear off the screen in seconds in some sections. You probably won't see a 'how much do you curl' thread in the powerlifting section over there as that section is modded quite strictly and that kind of s**t is not tolerated. I'm guessing that you saw that thread in the infamous 'misc' section. There are s**tLOADS of subforums there covering every aspect of training.
Fatpete said:
Boar is lovely. His deadlift is lower and his pate may be pushing through his hair, but he can kettlebell all our arses. Grin

Just to be clear, I meant he was jealous about me visitting other forums, not of my lifting!
Tom_Martin said:
Just to be clear, I meant he was jealous about me visitting other forums, not of my lifting!

Thank you for the clarification. I stand by my original comments, particularly the one about him being lovelyGrin
Fatpete said:
Thank you for the clarification. I stand by my original comments, particularly the one about him being lovelyGrin

You're welcome Pete! He is lovely and I know he will forgive me wandering astray from time to time!

I guess I should thank Trollokov, he indirectly scored me a really good deal on a shirt I can try out by starting this thread.
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
It's an extreme way of adding kilos to your bench.
You need several people to help you get into the things. You can't necessarily get the bar down to the chest once it's on. There is added danger, due to the increased poundages and reduced control of the barbell. What a drama!
You're basically dressed in a catapult.
Press raw FFS!!!

I used to get my rage x on myself. true I couldnt do it with titan shirts (f6, fury,katana) tho. Guess which shirt I pressed most in?

the press raw ffs bit does have a ring of truth. you crnt be a big bencher with out the basic building blocks to back it up. Lots of raw bench is the key IMO.

see Tom it would have been worth posting the topic up on this site because we've shifted through the s**t and are now talking shirts Grin
moz said:
I used to get my rage x on myself. true I couldnt do it with titan shirts (f6, fury,katana) tho. Guess which shirt I pressed most in?
the press raw ffs bit does have a ring of truth. you crnt be a big bencher with out the basic building blocks to back it up. Lots of raw bench is the key IMO.
see Tom it would have been worth posting the topic up on this site because we've shifted through the s**t and are now talking shirts Grin

But how long will it last Moz?! lol what size is your rage x moz? I guess it's worth a try but it'll probably be 3 or 4 sizes too big for me? How will I be able to tell if the rage x is the magical shirt for me!? I've got a super katana on it's way at a fantastic price so next time I do a board session I'll see how I get on with that and if it's not right for me it's cheap enough to not give a s**t, and i'll try a rage x out. I'd also like to give the fury a go as I don't have that much of an arch but i've got enough to play around with for now!
I got about 35kg out of my Fury which isn't too special. Could have gone tighter size wise but didn't get a lot of chances to train in it so didn't want to take the piss.

I bench pretty flat and found the fury didn;t really take any learning, just banged it on and benched.

Not sure if this adds in anything to the thread but my advice ime would be too buy a tighter fury as it took no massive adjustment to bench tech.
Tom_Martin said:
But how long will it last Moz?! lol what size is your rage x moz? I guess it's worth a try but it'll probably be 3 or 4 sizes too big for me? How will I be able to tell if the rage x is the magical shirt for me!? I've got a super katana on it's way at a fantastic price so next time I do a board session I'll see how I get on with that and if it's not right for me it's cheap enough to not give a s**t, and i'll try a rage x out. I'd also like to give the fury a go as I don't have that much of an arch but i've got enough to play around with for now!

Tom, the criteria for chosing a fury or an F6 is more to do with your benching line that your size of arch. If you press straight up the fury is best; if you press back slightly towards the head F6 is better. But the Rage X is far better than either. Can't comment on the Super Katana, but the Katana I had back in 2007 had a tiny sweet spot and was too hit and miss - plus it stretched loads, to the point where it became almost unusable. I swapped to an F6 and found it better than a katana because it was more forgiving.
Tony said:I got about 35kg out of my Fury which isn't too special. Could have gone tighter size wise but didn't get a lot of chances to train in it so didn't want to take the piss.

I bench pretty flat and found the fury didn;t really take any learning, just banged it on and benched.

Not sure if this adds in anything to the thread but my advice ime would be too buy a tighter fury as it took no massive adjustment to bench tech.

good man. I could never get used to a fury. bombed at british juniors due to one and vowed never to use it again!!!

Tom the important thing is that the Rage X and the super Kat have the scopped neck. there pretty similar altho I can imagine titan making the super Kat a little thicker than the Inzer.

dont pull it down at 1st and you'll get touches with slighty above your raw 1rpm. which each lift tweak the shirt down slowly and you'll just keeping getting touches with heavier weights. I got easy 45kg outta mineGrin
Martin1956 said:
Tom, the criteria for chosing a fury or an F6 is more to do with your benching line that your size of arch. If you press straight up the fury is best; if you press back slightly towards the head F6 is better. But the Rage X is far better than either. Can't comment on the Super Katana, but the Katana I had back in 2007 had a tiny sweet spot and was too hit and miss - plus it stretched loads, to the point where it became almost unusable. I swapped to an F6 and found it better than a katana because it was more forgiving.

From what I've read, those are the issues that were addressed with the katana when they designed the super katana, whether they actually have been though....? I also like the idea of the lower cut neckline so in theory you could wear the shirt much higher without choking yourself and set the shirt up differently for varying weights. Again, whether it actually works or not...?

Regarding my line, I'm naturally a straight up presser but since using the f6 I've been learning to push it backwards and think I've adjusted alright to that. It sounds like a fury wouldve been a better choice in the beginning but maybe not anymore after changing how I press.

Martin, what do you prefer about the Rage X?
moz said:
good man. I could never get used to a fury. bombed at british juniors due to one and vowed never to use it again!!!
Tom the important thing is that the Rage X and the super Kat have the scopped neck. there pretty similar altho I can imagine titan making the super Kat a little thicker than the Inzer.
dont pull it down at 1st and you'll get touches with slighty above your raw 1rpm. which each lift tweak the shirt down slowly and you'll just keeping getting touches with heavier weights. I got easy 45kg outta mineGrin

Ah you answered before I'd even asked! Happy
Martin1956 said:
Tom, the criteria for chosing a fury or an F6 is more to do with your benching line that your size of arch. If you press straight up the fury is best;

Makes sense which is why I liked it.
moz said:
Lots of raw bench is the key IMO.

I wish my poor shoulders could do lots of raw bench, at the moment I won't risk doing anything other than close grip.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitTom needs help with his shirt LOL!
Return to top View Desktop Site