REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 230 guests

Sad day in strongman, Mike jenkins passes away.

Users viewing topic: & 2 Guests

Ben_FIcon...29-11-2013 @ 14:36 
vegetarian with a big deadlift - who would have thought...
Member 340, 13300 posts
SQ 315, BP 190, DL 350
855.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
For those not on FB, from Mike's wife...

My husband picked the song that we first danced together to at our wedding. The lyrics were so powerful to me then, and even more to me now. "They can list my life from A-Z, All I've tried to do and tried to be, No matter how this world remembers me, Loving you will always be my legacy." It continues, "If I live long enough to see all my dreams come true, It won't mean half as much as loving you."

After reading thousands of comments, texts, messages, statuses, etc, etc, from new and old friends alike, I realize that Mike Jenkins will be remembered for his strongest muscle of all - his heart. I knew he was touching people and changing lives, I saw it daily. However, I now realize I didn't even have a clue...not a clue to the magnitude he was really doing this. I always told him I was so proud of him. He always laughed it off acting as if he acted in a way that any person would. We know otherwise. Thank you ALL for sharing your memories and offering support in many ways.

Mike shared a video right before going to bed the night before Thanksgiving. (Posted below in the comments.) It's a powerful video, but there is a quote that I feel embodies my husband. "It's what you give of yourself to somebody else to make them great that eventually makes you great...today I'll die a champion."

We do not yet know why Mike passed away. His autopsy is scheduled for Monday. However, the doctors assure me that he was not in pain for he passed in his sleep. I promise to post information about his services once those things have been arranged.

PaulSavageIcon...29-11-2013 @ 17:23 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Very very sad. Good to know he died pain free.
SBradwell83Icon...29-11-2013 @ 20:55 
Member 3850, 516 posts
SQ 212.5, BP 157.5, DL 240
610.0 kgs @ 76kgs UnEq
Rip Big Mike!!!!!
LeedsMiniPowerIcon...29-11-2013 @ 21:00 
Getting fat is just as dumb as using PED's
Member 3387, 2532 posts
SQ 275, BP 200, DL 290
765.0 kgs @ 114kgs UnEq
very very sad indeed,as others have said he seemed a great guy with so much talent.
Matt1613Icon...30-11-2013 @ 01:14 
Member 3919, 243 posts
Its very hard to judge the true character of someone through youtube clips and WSM footage, but what was apparent is that Mike was a genuine, humourous, self depreciating gentleman who respected both his chosen sport and his fellow competitors.
His passing is a great loss to the sport of strongman, but this cannot compare to the loss felt by his friends and family of such a decent human being.
bezaIcon...08-12-2013 @ 22:14 
I hit a pb today with a chest infection
Member 3283, 1921 posts
Just wanted to add my condolences on here. RIP to who would have been one of the future winners of WSM.
Massive fan of Jenkins was sick to the stomach for what seemed like forever when I found out.

Does anyone now know how he died?

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions