Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumNutritionProtein

Protein

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Not sure how much of anything I'm having at the moment, but I do know that when I was smaller and upped the protein to near 300g a day I got fatter. I probably have less than 200g per day now, I'm fat, but that's gerneral overeating/poor food choices. What I am saying is Matt is right about overdoing the protein. We have been conditioned by the bb mags (if we ever read them) to think we need as much as possible, and in a way I suppose if you can afford it it may be better to make sure you have at least enough with maybe some excess (just in case) protein to aid recovery. However if you're trying to stay lean and in pocket, there is no real need. That said, I kind of feel the same about carbs, if I have enough energy to do stuff and train hard surely I'm having enough?... Matt?
WILLSAN said:I just eat stuff I like. I do eat a fair amount of high protein food but thats more down to it tasting good than anything else. Happy

I always knew you were a wise man William.
PeteHodgson said:if I have enough energy to do stuff and train hard surely I'm having enough?... Matt?

Pretty accurate - however the next consideration is 'what is training hard'

For example - training hard for powerlifitng will use alot less kcals than training hard for weightlifting and strongman - there are to be fair so many variables to take into consideration.
MattGriff said:
For example - training hard for powerlifitng will use alot less kcals than training hard for weightlifting and strongman - there are to be fair so many variables to take into consideration.

hmmm, well I train with Martin Brown, so do f**k all really! lol
However if I'm due to train some events I will try and eat more beforehand.
MattGriff said:
Not really low per-say - as Carl will probably be the first to admit he isn't solid muscle - yet!
Provided he has enough fuel for his training - whcih given he seems to have upped the ante he has and he is getting stronger so muscle breakdown is probably non existant then he is doing it right.

good point, carl do you know your base metabolic rate? Maybe you dont carry all that much more muscle than for instance me and would therefore have similar calorie needs per day? Happy
Matt what would reccomend mate? Only prob with me is big ass belly it grows like no tomorrow when i eat !
What info would you like so i can get the best from my grub?
And yes your right ex bber and i still eat like 1 ha
bignige1986 said:Matt what would reccomend mate? Only prob with me is big ass belly it grows like no tomorrow when i eat !
What info would you like so i can get the best from my grub?
And yes your right ex bber and i still eat like 1 ha

Eating and training to breakdown muscle for maximum hypertrophy and eating and traing to develop sexual hip drive prowess and crazy overhead abilities are two different ball games mate.

Bascially if you are up to scratch with your training (and this is often a sore subject with many) then around 5-7g carbs per kg of lean mass is the call of the day, and about 1.8g protien per kg lean mass.
Type of carbs is the most improtant thing though - sadly a cheesecake is not going to help your flabdominals as much as the same carbs in fiberous foods.
My carbs normally come from wheatabix, oats, potatoes, and rice.
Soundin big headed but recently and touch wood it continues ive been hitting pb's allmost every session :0 i have a clue why haha but still my diet cant be too bad i reckn?! When i benched 200kg i was dieting and intaking 100gms a day of carb!!!! Unfortunatly i did tear my chest that day but s**t happens.

Any thoughts mate?
Niall you crazy f**ker, what the hell are you worrying about?

You have just put 160KG OH, DL 300KG, both PBs. Your not doing anything majorly wrong if that is anything to judge by
but Niall, we want to see you as a 130kg beefcake Grin
JC said:Niall you crazy f**ker, what the hell are you worrying about?

You have just put 160KG OH, DL 300KG, both PBs. Your not doing anything majorly wrong if that is anything to judge by

Haha cheers mate ! Im jus trying to cover every possible angle and make sure im going in the right direction, and the only way you do that is by asking ppl who are either stronger or wiser regarding the sport ! So lot of questions to be asked hahaha and why do you think i train with all you monsters at Catt's ? End of the day youre all very strong and experienced especially squats, deads, and anythin static
HectorBlunts
f**k all. Never did get anything out of proten supps.

Just eat like a fat italian.
HectorBlunts said:f**k all. Never did get anything out of proten supps.

Just eat like a fat italian.

Hmm depends ive had good and bad supps before-

CNP pro mass - made me fattttttt - good stuff
Dynamatize elite - good stuff
Gaspari myofusion - brilliant and so tasty

BUT

CNP Pro MR - best ive ever had awesome stuff and very tasty
Steve
MattGriff said:

It will vary on how people train, but I don't think olympic lifters use any more calories in their training than powerlifters (assuming they are doing the same number of sessions). In many cases it may be significantly less.
150-200g protein at the minute

250-350g carbs

~100g fat

All estimates and I hazard a guess that I eat 3 Mkcals per day. Keeping me a stable enough 105kg which is fine with me.

You are here: HomeForumNutritionProtein
Return to top View Desktop Site