Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsPaul Savage training 2014

Paul Savage training 2014

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

PaulSavage
walker said:

This is video proof that my training has got me a lot stronger in short space of time.
PaulSavage
unit94 said:
Because you said you could therefore you might want to prove it.

Nope.
PaulSavage
MrSmall said:Paul what do you recommend for double overhand barbell grip? My ring and pinky fingers seem to slip a bit when things are heavy. Also what about wrist strrngth?

Don't go too heavy on them, keep some in the tank then do high rep dumbbell rows, shrugs and 3 sets 30-45 second plate pinch holds. What do you want strong wrists for?
PaulSavage said:
unit94 said:
Because you said you could therefore you might want to prove it.

Nope.

Thought so..

Anyway, my point was that you could be way stronger and make better progress if you trained properly.. But I don't really know what your current goals are
PaulSavage
walker said:
Thought so..
Anyway, my point was that you could be way stronger and make better progress if you trained properly.. But I don't really know what your current goals are

Extremely closed minded. Try opening that up an maybe then i won't be able to pump up my tri's with your max. Until then will just keep going further ahead.
PaulSavage said:
Extremely closed minded. Try opening that up an maybe then i won't be able to pump up my tri's with your max. Until then will just keep going further ahead.

But you can't can you...

Nevermind. I'm just going to look in Tom Martin and Hixxy's journals to make sure they're training like you..
PaulSavage
Post Edited: 30.03.2014 @ 00:12 AM by PaulSavage
walker said:
But you can't can you...
Nevermind. I'm just going to look in Tom Martin and Hixxy's journals to make sure they're training like you..

I don't care if you think i can or not. They don't have the same goals and not everybody is the same is lots of ways to do things. Jay cutlers fav exercise for chest is smith flat bench with narrow grip, doesnt touch his chest, doesnt lockout, he's 4 time mr olympia. Eric spotto does load of high rep not touching chest short rom no lockout benching, he's comp benched 722lbs.
MrSmall
PaulSavage said:
Don't go too heavy on them, keep some in the tank then do high rep dumbbell rows, shrugs and 3 sets 30-45 second plate pinch holds. What do you want strong wrists for?

Just ive always had sort of small wrists and never felt likethey can do much. When i hook grip my lifts when my hands get tired the pinky slips with the ring finger. Plus i will be working as a sports massage therapist so they need a bit more endurance. Plate pinches is that small plates together or a big plate? I have bumper plates so thry are even on both side without a ridge. I could just about do 30 seconds with 15kg on my left hand.
PaulSavage
MrSmall said:
Just ive always had sort of small wrists and never felt likethey can do much. When i hook grip my lifts when my hands get tired the pinky slips with the ring finger. Plus i will be working as a sports massage therapist so they need a bit more endurance. Plate pinches is that small plates together or a big plate? I have bumper plates so thry are even on both side without a ridge. I could just about do 30 seconds with 15kg on my left hand.

Two handed plate holds with wide grip so bumpers fine. For wrists i would do wrist roller, one set in work gloves, one set no gloves. Do them both ways same as magnus in his dvd. This will strengthen your fingers and thumb as well.
MrSmall
How do you do a two handed plate hold with a wide grip? are wrist curls any good?
PaulSavage
MrSmall said:How do you do a two handed plate hold with a wide grip? are wrist curls any good?

By pinch gripping something wide with both hands and holding onto it mate. Wrist curls can be effective but you would be better doing wrist roller.
MrSmall
Just wondering how to set up a wrist roller, I have one but in another country, how can I rig one up?

The two handed plate pinches just seemed a bit cramped for space I would have thought but I guess not. What about 1 handed plate pinches?
PaulSavage
Post Edited: 30.03.2014 @ 11:08 AM by PaulSavage
MrSmall said:Just wondering how to set up a wrist roller, I have one but in another country, how can I rig one up?

The two handed plate pinches just seemed a bit cramped for space I would have thought but I guess not. What about 1 handed plate pinches?

Do them two handed until you done them for several months.

Look up how magnus did it with oly bar in his dvd. Just strap to an oly bar end is real easy. If you dont have a loading pin for weight can tie up dumbbells.
PaulSavage
Felt the decline worked my chest really well last night. My shoulders tend to do a lot of work on flat whixh is probably causing front delt to overpower side/rear so gonna start with declines for a while then gonna try weighted dips next then do flat last. Hopefully that should bring my chest up an get shoulders more healthy. Thinking will be doing 4 20kg a side on declines for 10-15 pretty quick. Want to get 100kg for 10 on dips but don't know how realistic that is, done 6 reps at 80kg in past.
walker said:
But you can't can you...

lol....was looking through this journal thinking where are the heavy dead and squat vids...but all I see are partial rep movements on smith machines for tris ffs....wtf!

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsPaul Savage training 2014
Return to top View Desktop Site