Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsPaul Savage training 2014

Paul Savage training 2014

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

PaulSavage
uzalad said:I'd seriously suggest you get another lighter gripper, no matter what your strength it's a lot of technique and just being able to practice setting the gripper properly will help a lot. I'd be very impressed if you could even move the #3.5, and that's not a dig at all it's just something that even the most gifted athletes tend dedicate a lot of time to close. It's basically like loading a bar with 300kg to deadlift and never attempting anything less.

Yes probably about as much chance of doing 300kg deadlift first time lifting, actually i would say less chance.

Wont have the open hand strength to even hold it in position even if he can set it down at all. Would definately recommend switching to a #2 or even a #1 or trainer (i couldnt even do a #1 first time).
If you've got a strong grip then number 2 will be easy enough but 3.5 is way too much for your first one!
I'm getting tempted to train grippers now lol have you ever tried a strength shop gripper Paul? I've got a 2.5 and wondered how it compares to CoC.
PaulSavage
unit94 said:I'm getting tempted to train grippers now lol have you ever tried a strength shop gripper Paul? I've got a 2.5 and wondered how it compares to CoC.

No i didn't know they sold grippers.
PaulSavage
Feeling really strong on pressing in work, done load of strict press today (is a viking press style i have do). My deadlift also feeling good, even the heavier rolls feeling light. Have set another crazy goal in my head of 300k x 10 touch an go on the deadlift bar.
unit94 said:I'm getting tempted to train grippers now lol have you ever tried a strength shop gripper Paul? I've got a 2.5 and wondered how it compares to CoC.

A 2.5 from strength shop says approx 250lb, a 2.5 CoC is approx 237.5lb and and 3 Coc is 280lb

I'm interested in reading this for the gripper training Happy
Joe_MF said:
A 2.5 from strength shop says approx 250lb, a 2.5 CoC is approx 237.5lb and and 3 Coc is 280lb
I'm interested in reading this for the gripper training Happy

Some poundages can vary though. I might buy a CoC 3 and see what's what.
unit94 said:

Im sure they do, especially between manufacturers.
Both Pauls please post your gripper training so I can steal it and eventually crush rocks for fun
PaulSavage
unit94 said:

If it says 250lb my guess is its like a heavy grip, which would be equal to a #2 coc.
PaulSavage said:
If it says 250lb my guess is its like a heavy grip, which would be equal to a #2 coc.

Ive tried a 2 its definitely harder than that
PaulSavage
Post Edited: 05.04.2014 @ 18:23 PM by PaulSavage
unit94 said:
Ive tried a 2 its definitely harder than that

The thing about is they all rated different and can all vary e.g you can get a 2 thats like a 1.5 or a 2.5

I think a #3 is a doable gripper for someone your strength level. You could cert on it if you did some training i'm sure.
PaulSavage said:
The thing about is they all rated different and can all vary e.g you can get a 2 thats like a 1.5 or a 2.5
I think a #3 is a doable gripper for somewhat your strength level. You could cert on it if you did some training i'm sure.

Yeah thats true, not all gonna be equal, certing one would be nice ill add them in next week.
PaulSavage
unit94 said:
Yeah thats true, not all gonna be equal, certing one would be nice ill add them in next week.

I meant someone your strength level then. Quick tip - do deep set closes, is much more worthwhile than people think due to how the resistance ramps up at the close.
PaulSavage said:
I meant someone your strength level then. Quick tip - do deep set closes, is much more worthwhile than people think due to how the resistance ramps up at the close.

Yesh good call last inch is the killer.
PaulSavage said:Feeling really strong on pressing in work, done load of strict press today (is a viking press style i have do). My deadlift also feeling good, even the heavier rolls feeling light. Have set another crazy goal in my head of 300k x 10 touch an go on the deadlift bar.

I've got to admire your goals. I must be a proper negative bast as my goals are always very conservative.

Your best is 280 isn't it? Good luck with 300x10!

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsPaul Savage training 2014
Return to top View Desktop Site