REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 150 guests

Mayweather vs mcgregor?

Users viewing topic: & 2 Guests

PaulSavageIcon...29-08-2017 @ 16:09 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Post Edited: 29.08.2017 @ 16:10 PM by PaulSavage
AdamT said:
I think there is a grey area in this debate. He didn't probably do as bad as some (including me) have made out. But also didn't do as good as some are making out.
I personally want to see him back in the octagon. UFC has missed him badly this year.

Of course nobody is going to look like superman against Floyd mayweather.

I think he will try get Floyd to rematch him, I'm sure he thinks he would win the rematch. Needs to defend his belt though, think 3rd fight with Nate is next.
JaybukIcon...29-08-2017 @ 16:30 
Member 6130, 110 posts
Post Edited: 29.08.2017 @ 16:31 PM by Jaybuk
PaulSavage said:
Then why did it go 10 rounds? Why didn't conor get knocked out in a couple rounds? Are you saying Floyd isn't elite either? You can say trolling all you like but I do know boxing, ive seen all Floyd's fights. If conor wasn't elite why did he almost land double the punches Ricky hatton did? Why did he land more than manny? Are these not elite boxers?? Dismissing conors performance is being really insulting to the other greats who have lost to Floyd.

Do you think he showed any high level boxing skill honestly? An he didn't go 10 rounds did
He tho
PaulSavageIcon...29-08-2017 @ 16:52 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Post Edited: 29.08.2017 @ 16:53 PM by PaulSavage
Jaybuk said:
Do you think he showed any high level boxing skill honestly? An he didn't go 10 rounds did
He tho

It was stopped in the 10th?? Yes, great movement, really good fainting, switched it up really well and used a lot of angles. It was hard to know what was coming for floyd. His jab impressed me and the body shots were really good. Offensively he looked more skilled than Floyd to me, just not in the same condition and wasted energy trying to hit Floyd a lot when his back was turned. Defensively he had great reactions when not tired, wasnt using the gloves like he should have been though. That was one area he was really lacking defensively. Its understandable considering you pretty much can't do that in mma due to small gloves.
PaulSavageIcon...29-08-2017 @ 16:56 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Post Edited: 29.08.2017 @ 17:55 PM by PaulSavage
Also its worth mentioning that Floyd himself said conor was tough and was much better than he thought he would be. That praise doesn't come easy, its from one of the best ever.

One thing that concerned me in the pre fight antics was I never seen any footage of conor using dumbbells for shadow boxing in his prep. I found this essential when training boxing and I know Floyd and klitschko have always used these as a stable. It really helps with the lactic build up and I think that's why conor couldn't keep his hands up and gassed to bad. He talked about the lactic being built up in his shoulders in the first fight with Nate.
JaybukIcon...29-08-2017 @ 17:00 
Member 6130, 110 posts
50% of floyds punches
Landed so his feints didn't do much good, angles are all when an good but he arm punches nearly every round, he would be beaten by area level welterweights all day long I don't think you know a thing about boxing to be honest
PaulSavageIcon...29-08-2017 @ 17:03 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Jaybuk said:50% of floyds punches
Landed so his feints didn't do much good, angles are all when an good but he arm punches nearly every round, he would be beaten by area level welterweights all day long I don't think you know a thing about boxing to be honest

Completely disagree, he clearly hurt Floyd twice and since Floyd himself disagrees with you it doesn't really matter what you think I know about boxing.
AdamTIcon...29-08-2017 @ 17:46 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts
Post Edited: 29.08.2017 @ 17:48 PM by AdamT
A thing many don't realise, is Floyd is as tough as f**k.

He has took some solid hits over the years.

Mosley had near 100% knockout ratio at lightweight and was the only fighter to stop the granite chinned Margarito at welter.

He hit Floyd two hefty punches the fight after Margarito. Floyd nearly went down twice, but he kept coming forward the rest of the fight.

I want to see the rubber match between Conor and Nate next.

Floyd has nothing else to prove. He would lose to Thurman and Spence at this stage. Also would pick Crawford to step up to 147 and beat him.
unit94Icon...29-08-2017 @ 18:07 
what is everyone's fran time?
Member 3986, 10449 posts
SQ 340, BP 200, DL 400
940.0 kgs @ 129kgs Eq
If he would be taken out by area level welterweights then in theory these welterweights must be able to go 12 rounds with Floyd. I am hearing some right s**t. He sat back cos he didnt want to win too early Tongue
AdamTIcon...29-08-2017 @ 18:17 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts
Oscar and others saying Floyd bet on himself to win 10th round stoppage.

Oscar hates Floyd and he even said he carried Conor. Canelo said the same.
AdamTIcon...29-08-2017 @ 18:19 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts
unit94 said:If he would be taken out by area level welterweights then in theory these welterweights must be able to go 12 rounds with Floyd. I am hearing some right s**t. He sat back cos he didnt want to win too early Tongue

Do you watch boxing?
PaulSavageIcon...29-08-2017 @ 19:34 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Post Edited: 29.08.2017 @ 22:47 PM by PaulSavage
unit94 said:If he would be taken out by area level welterweights then in theory these welterweights must be able to go 12 rounds with Floyd. I am hearing some right s**t. He sat back cos he didnt want to win too early Tongue

The mind boggles with some of the comments (not just on here). Its = to you vs becca in strongman comp and you losing the first two events to her in the interest of 'making it competitive' - would never happen. It looks awful on Floyd to even lose a round, he did what he could do, not what he wanted to, loads have gave him stick for it going so long.
matthewvcIcon...29-08-2017 @ 19:37 
‘downsizing’
Member 5704, 3233 posts
SQ 280, BP 210, DL 320
810.0 kgs @ 96.3kgs UnEq
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/theory-mcgregor-might-have-e...

ffs.. can't MMA fans just accept their man got totally outclassed by one of the greatest exponents of boxing in history *in his own sport*

it's not a slight on mcgregor - he's a great MMA fighter just as Bath were a great RU team, but still Wigan RL dismantled them 82-6 at rugby league in that cross code game in the late 90s.
AdamTIcon...29-08-2017 @ 19:57 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts
I used to love playing fight night.

When I played it on difficult mode, I had to block and use feints. Hoping to land counters and not get hit. Sometimes the fights were boring, but it's how you win.

Put it down to easy mode, or play a clueless mate, I just took it easy, let them waste there stamina, then walk through them!

Did that happen on Saturday night?

Boys everyone is allowed an opinion, but if you know about boxing, the f**king fight was a farce.

Floyd found a way to win relatively easy and make it exciting at the same time.

If he did his usual hit and move tactic, he would of been called chicken.

It was purely strategy that Floyd used. He needed the knock out against a far bigger opponent and he got it.

Conor was playing draughts, while Floyd was playing chess.

Casual fans didn't want to see Floyd pot shot his way to another decision.

Quit the butt hurt and give the man his dues. He knocked out the mouth piece many of you boys probably picked to win.

I know I'm being trolled, but f**k it lol
JaybukIcon...29-08-2017 @ 21:17 
Member 6130, 110 posts
Post Edited: 29.08.2017 @ 21:17 PM by Jaybuk
AdamT said:I used to love playing fight night.

When I played it on difficult mode, I had to block and use feints. Hoping to land counters and not get hit. Sometimes the fights were boring, but it's how you win.

Put it down to easy mode, or play a clueless mate, I just took it easy, let them waste there stamina, then walk through them!

Did that happen on Saturday night?

Boys everyone is allowed an opinion, but if you know about boxing, the f**king fight was a farce.

Floyd found a way to win relatively easy and make it exciting at the same time.

If he did his usual hit and move tactic, he would of been called chicken.

It was purely strategy that Floyd used. He needed the knock out against a far bigger opponent and he got it.

Conor was playing draughts, while Floyd was playing chess.

Casual fans didn't want to see Floyd pot shot his way to another decision.

Quit the butt hurt and give the man his dues. He knocked out the mouth piece many of you boys probably picked to win.

I know I'm being trolled, but f**k it lol

Loved the fight night that had the sticks be parry/feint class that
JaybukIcon...29-08-2017 @ 21:22 
Member 6130, 110 posts

No as styles make fights An floyd is never gonna go
Out An take one risk
He didn't have to, there was very limited footage of Connor boxing he took the first 3rounds to size him up realised the onepunchconnorsabeasttho left hand weren't gonna do jack then walked him
Down. Out of interest what's
The highest
Caliber level of fighter you think Connor could beat then?

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions