REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 195 guests
You are here: HomeForumherman → View All Posts

View All Posts: herman

12345678910 ... ... 5657585960616263646566

» advise on my squat please (Go to post)02-10-2012 @ 03:39 
Have you thought about low bar squatting? You seem pretty hip dominant so you'd probably lift more that way.

If you wanna stick to HB, just focus on keeping your chest up.

Depth seems ok, but you could add an inch to be on the safe side.
» so this site is named after the gym, and the gym is named after this lady (Go to post)01-10-2012 @ 20:28 
needs more squatz, more pies and less make up in my opinion. but I guess I have odd taste.
» Government cracking down on Hot Food (Go to post)01-10-2012 @ 19:31 
Of course this is a really important thing to go after with taxation in our current economic climate and I am sure we shall all reap the benefits.

Roll-Eyes

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/toasties-taxed--pasties-escap...
» FAT SAM 2010!! (Go to post)01-10-2012 @ 02:34 
Fair enough, you are not forced to use aids or get your arse in the air. Im sure you could stay strict and put on a show, especially with the reps.

Sorry if it was a stupid idea.
» FAT SAM 2010!! (Go to post)30-09-2012 @ 13:19 
Simeon said:
sounds stupid

I thought it would eb a good opportunity for Sam to show off his high rep prowess.
» Who's up, and what are they thinking? (Go to post)30-09-2012 @ 02:51 
JamieG said:Last one to bed wins

still awake.
» 262.5 kg beltless squat after a long time doing tech correction stuff (Go to post)30-09-2012 @ 00:39 
Course man, agree with you on all those things. But for mobility alone, ankles are the place to focus, that is the only bit of mobility a proficient low bar squatter might lack.

The hip angle is smaller on a parallel low bar squat vs a parallel high bar squat, so you need greater hamstring extensibility to do low bar well. You also need better shoulder/arm mobility to hold the bar with low bar. So really the only thing lacking in terms of (just) mobility is ankles. You need good ankle mobility to get your knees forwards. WL shoes only help so much.

For people with long legs/short torso, they really struggle with this.
» FAT SAM 2010!! (Go to post)29-09-2012 @ 23:27 
Post Edited: 29.09.2012 @ 23:32 PM by herman
In which city do you live Sam?

In Birmingham where I am, and i expect most other ethnically diverse places. There is a new phenomenon of ghetto bench press competitions. They are usually done in summer, often outside in a local park or whatever. Sometimes inside a gym. Run by owners of independent gyms that black & asian people use. (You know your "bro" type).

There are no rules. No pausing, as much heaving as you like. If you want to use a slingshot or wrap your elbows in knee wraps they dont mind at all.

There is usually two weight categories, like below 70kg and above 70kg. A competition for max single, and one for reps with bodyweight.

Basically I reckon you should go to one of these comps and show them whos boss.

This is the sort of thing im on about;
http://youtu.be/0aNTfMmYMDA

They are free to enter, and sometimes to raise money for charity.
» 262.5 kg beltless squat after a long time doing tech correction stuff (Go to post)29-09-2012 @ 23:14 

What sort of mobility work do you do to aid with deep high bar squats?

I know this question was not meant for me, but I reckon the most important thing to work on by far is ankle mobility.
» Relationship between eggs and personality (Go to post)29-09-2012 @ 13:13 
Lol, what a bunch of s**t that passes for journalism these days.
» Ilin Ilya C&J 240kg in training . (Go to post)28-09-2012 @ 19:31 
Post Edited: 28.09.2012 @ 19:34 PM by herman
Wigan said:
What is he called?

I dont want to type out his name on the internet, but he is first place in the 105 category here;

http://www.mastersweightlifting.org/results/2005wm_results.htm

He is a good lifter dont get me wrong. But he could really do with less boasting, especially when nobody knows the difference between masters & regular weightlifting. He is clearly juiced to the eyeballs too.
» Tell me why my Deadlift sucks! (pretty please) (Go to post)28-09-2012 @ 19:27 
Im weaker than you so take this with a pinch of salt, but even with these 170's your low back is well rounded making the transfer of force less efficient. I can only imagine you were rounding even more with 190+ attempts.

If you are going to round-back it, try to lock in your low back into a tight flat position, and round your upper back instead.
» Broken Ring (Go to post)28-09-2012 @ 16:37 
You my wanna get something antiseptic like anusol on it to stop it getting infected.

Still cant understand how you did this.

I once held in poos for about a month when I was a kid when I had surgery. Dropped something the size (and texture) of a brick when I finally went with no ill effects.
» A whole new level of parental responsibility (Go to post)28-09-2012 @ 13:40 
My sister took LSD whilst in school and had full on hallucinations (the scary paranoid kind).

Kids swigging vodka in water bottles was pretty standard for the middle class white kids, for them it was cool to drink& take drugs in school.

Asian & black kids might smoke a bit of weed.
» Ilin Ilya C&J 240kg in training . (Go to post)28-09-2012 @ 11:01 
Post Edited: 28.09.2012 @ 11:29 AM by herman
Theres this guy at my gym who stomps around thinking he is/was the best lifter in the world because he jerked around 165-170kg and won the world masters games in the 105 class when he was young enough to have a pop at open. He goes around telling everyone he is the world champion and everyone believes it.

This really puts things in perspective.

12345678910 ... ... 5657585960616263646566

You are here: HomeForumherman → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions