REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 194 guests
You are here: HomeForumherman → View All Posts

View All Posts: herman

12345678910 ... 11 ... 5657585960616263646566

» gyms in germany (Go to post)23-02-2014 @ 16:37 
There seems to be loads on Google, Im surprised tbh with it being a small town. Dont stress, just get there and have a look. You may find more that arent listed.
» Beds for fat b@stards (Go to post)22-02-2014 @ 17:38 
im not even heavy but I broke the strip of wood that the slats rest on, and fixed it with scraps of wood I had in the garden. The frame of most beds is plenty strong, like VG said. Modifiy a standard bed to make it stronger.
» random disclosure thread (Go to post)22-02-2014 @ 04:34 
I have been hyped for the past few days about todays workout where I was going to "easily" nail some PR's on bench. I was so expectant that I kept worrying that something would happen to f**k it up. No sleep, somekind of tweak/injury etc..

When I finally got in the gym and warmed up, I let down my guard and stopped worrying. Then I was grabbed by the funka-pilates instructor who insisted that I join in a group exercise class. I kept politely refusing wanting to get over to my beloved bench, just minutes away from PR'ing. But there was a few too many fit women in their and I came a cropper.

Tried to bench afterwards but got stuck on my last warm up weight, f**k!
» 180kg clean @ 90kg bw... (Go to post)22-02-2014 @ 04:19 
Tekkers looking awesome too.
» Malanichev Reddit Q&A (Go to post)19-02-2014 @ 00:44 
Makes sense!
» Malanichev Reddit Q&A (Go to post)19-02-2014 @ 00:13 
http://www.reddit.com/r/weightroom/comments/1y1ssv/i_am_andrey...

Seems to know very good english, so much so that I am skeptical. But, he repeats all the hearsay about diet and programming...
» random disclosure thread (Go to post)18-02-2014 @ 22:33 
I had been growing a beard since before christmas and it had gotten very thick and bushy, but I decided to cut it off today as I thought it made me look halfway between a jihadi terrorist and a sasquatch. But now my face feels like I have just shaved my cock & balls, strangely naked and gay, like I have betrayed myself.
» Trav 284kg Squat @ 90kg (Go to post)16-02-2014 @ 17:20 
dat bend!
» WL clubs London (Go to post)16-02-2014 @ 01:13 
Bethnal Green.
» Tyson Fury Deadlift (Go to post)15-02-2014 @ 23:00 
MrSmall said:Possibly there is a site called something like "sport" and "lemon" although I can't say for sure, which may or may not have any such videos of which you speak of.

Lemon Party?
» Squatting/clean (Go to post)15-02-2014 @ 21:48 
Post Edited: 15.02.2014 @ 21:49 PM by herman
» decent glute ham raise machines? (Go to post)13-02-2014 @ 16:50 
Rob an old gymnastic horse from your local primary school.
» Health ? (Go to post)12-02-2014 @ 01:00 
lol, indeed.

There is a similar variance in life expectancy in the UK, varies a lot even across one city. Poorer places and most places up north have shorter expectancies. Does this mean that people in these spots live are hell bent on self destruction?

More like subtle differences in diet, alcohol intake, smoking, exercise.
» Very interesting read! (Go to post)11-02-2014 @ 03:43 
I remember one occasion when I thought my Fireman's first aid training was urgently required but it turned out to be a false alarm. I was backstage at one competition and big Andy Kerr was warming up and had just had a drink of water when he started gagging and choking and foaming at the mouth. A superheavy blundering around having an epileptic fit could be dangerous to others as well as himself, so I manhandled him to the floor, no easy task when he was considerably bigger than me. The more I tried to hold him down the more he protested and we were rolling around the floor until he eventually threw me off. He jumped to his feet and rapidly explained he had got an effervescent Vitamin C tablet stuck in his throat when he tried to swallow it whole, so took a drink to try and dislodge it instead of which it fizzed up and filled his mouth with foam. At this, I and everyone else there collapsed into fits of laughter, everyone except for Andy of course who was deadly serious and quite indignant over everyone laughing about it.

f**king lol
» gluten issues (Go to post)10-02-2014 @ 16:15 
Post Edited: 10.02.2014 @ 16:19 PM by herman
A dairy intolerance is quite different, because everyone can tolerate "some" having at one time being able to live of a pure milk diet (yup when they were a baby). The ability to process the lactose reduces, but by differing amounts. I for example can handle 1 pint of milk, maybe 1.5 spread throughout a day with a lot of other solid food. If I go a little over, it is like I am dying.

Humans have no reason to be tolerant to grains, and it is not just gluten. There is a whole cocktail of defensive glycoproteins in grains/legumes known as Lectins. Things like WGA in wheat or Ricin in Castor Beans. These lectins can have all kinds of unexpected interactions in the human body, especially when chronically ingested. It is believed they might be a significant contributor to all kinds of disease, from Arthritis to Dementia. Or course including things like Irritable bowel syndrome.

If you happen to consume some poorly prepared beans that are not cooked through, you will get sick immediately, in the case of castor beans - you will die. Here the effect of the lectins is very obvious, but consuming wheat & legumes long term, prepared well enough that it doesn't make you immediately sick, well the effects are hard to pinpoint.

12345678910 ... 11 ... 5657585960616263646566

You are here: HomeForumherman → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions