Who's Online - 1 member and 217 guests
You are here: HomeForumherman → View All Posts

View All Posts: herman

12345678910 ... ... 5657585960616263646566

» Barbell Hack Squat (Go to post)13-05-2014 @ 00:22 
Touché
» Barbell Hack Squat (Go to post)12-05-2014 @ 23:49 
Have you ever tried them?

Think it would answer any questions you have about it.
» SLDL and what to do. (Go to post)12-05-2014 @ 17:00 
nice piss taking guys, but just think about it a little.
» SLDL and what to do. (Go to post)12-05-2014 @ 16:13 
Post Edited: 12.05.2014 @ 16:14 PM by herman
Thing said:
looking to strengthen the deadlift by using these to hit the glute, lowback and hamstrings more.

SLDL, especially from a deficit will predominantly challenge lats & even the proximal function of triceps.

The hamstrings & glutes are both trained best with exercises that incorporate stretch reflex. For the former, the kind of SLDL that you do with a lighter weight, start from the top, sit back and only go as low as you need to get maximum hamstring tension - will be most optimal. You can also do good mornings, but neither will hit glutes hard.

Glutes respond best where they are both challenged with a stretch in extreme flexion (deep squat or lunge) or by heavy loading/strong contraction at the end part of extension/lockout. In a deadlift, even SLDL never really gets this to occur.

Low back will be "hit" best with either heavy conventional deadlifts, but if your back cant take heavy pulls and as you want to build up hamstrings anyway - lighter strict SLDL (from the top) done for reps will be useful.
» 800g of quality tuna - £1.89 (Go to post)11-05-2014 @ 00:52 
Thanks for posting this, Ill be off there soon.
» PM me your number blah blah (Go to post)11-05-2014 @ 00:50 
little_a said:
Pretty sure MattGriff offered to meet the odd person or other.

Im surprised at this, Ive met him and he seems like a polite, friendly sort of chap.
» How to get pump & lactate build up in a hamstring? (Go to post)06-05-2014 @ 18:03 
Funky_monkey said:Very slow leg curls. Take some sildenafil citrate beforehand to increase bloodflow.

I actually have transdermal GTN patches, got one stuck to my thigh as we speak. f**ken overdid those good mornings, killer soreness right now. This is not what I wanted to achieve lol. I want a really light movement that gets a stretch to the proximal end of the hamstrings. Stuff like leg curls seems to hit the distal end and even calves more. I was trying with 25 slow reps. If I try even more reps the resistance will be so low the machine will be flopping around but Ill give it a go.

I also had a ride of my bike and figured that riding clipped in, going on long rides and focusing on the back stroke would probably do the trick.
» What's in your gym bag? (Go to post)06-05-2014 @ 17:58 
belt, straps, chalk and a DIY cable thing I use for weighted chins.
» 91kg kettle belll (Go to post)06-05-2014 @ 17:57 
Surely to snatch 94kg with one hand, especially with the cumbersome shape of a kettlebell means you would have to be able to barbell snatch 200kg+ which would make you one of the strongest people in the world, ever.
» Ibuprofen (Go to post)06-05-2014 @ 17:55 
I believe Ivan Abadjiev held the view that they impeded recovery processes so wouldnt let his lifters use it. But Ive seen it being commonplace, especially in weightlifting circles.
» How to get pump & lactate build up in a hamstring? (Go to post)06-05-2014 @ 13:53 
Ok, so I am trying to rehab a hamstring problem for which I reckon getting pump/burn/lactate build up would greatly benefit. But how on earth do you do this with hamstrings? Its so easy with quads or almost any other bodypart!

Important note; I cant squat at the moment. I can do good mornings etc, ive tried them but they dont seem to achieve this goal.
» raising land rover defender (Go to post)28-04-2014 @ 09:48 
For land rover interest, check out the episode of "for the love of cars" that aired yesterday on channel 4
» rubber matting (Go to post)27-04-2014 @ 02:28 
Grass mats are cheaper than stable mats.
» chesticles!!! (Go to post)27-04-2014 @ 02:17 
Extremely hard to come up with a chest dominant event, moving stuff around involves lots of bodyparts all together.

Any kind of press, even overhead with be relying heavily on chest - just because its not as much as bench press doesnt mean that it aint relying on it.

Maybe Hercules hold is pretty chest intensive (I say this never having tried it), but other stuff like grip & back are maxed out too.
» cheap fatty cuts of meat? (Go to post)24-04-2014 @ 19:13 
I know you said you were in Birmingham, I know they do mutton mince for £3.80/kg on Coventry road. Also random cuts of British Beef on the bone for £5/kg. Or Boneless imported Polish Beef for £6/kg (which is actually extremely lean)

12345678910 ... ... 5657585960616263646566

You are here: HomeForumherman → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions