REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 238 guests
You are here: HomeForumherman → View All Posts

View All Posts: herman

12345678910 ... ... 5657585960616263646566

» 262.5 kg beltless squat after a long time doing tech correction stuff (Go to post)28-09-2012 @ 01:12 
Tom_Martin said:Also I secretly want to train with John Broz and put 50kg on my squat in 3 months.

You could go to Americaland and train with broz, or even Abadjiev himself. They are both looking for extraordinary lifters like yourself. But I hear both of them can be a bit c**tish, which is probably needed to get the results.

http://podiumgoldstore.com/Home_Page.html

Lindenwood University also have excellent weightlifting facilities and good coaches, which travel and learn from the chinese on a regular basis. They have already produced a pan american 105+ gold medalist in th eshort time the programme has been running.

Full scholarships available. If I had the talent Id do it in a heartbeat.
» weightlifting shoe advice (Go to post)27-09-2012 @ 18:28 
Aside from the fact that they look terrible, I canot imagine them being any good. They are designed for crossfit which is a whole bunch of totally clashing activities. The front of the sole looks too thick.

Just go with some actual weightlifting shoes from adidas, nike or unbranded stuff from strengthshop.
» 262.5 kg beltless squat after a long time doing tech correction stuff (Go to post)27-09-2012 @ 15:18 
Terrifying and awesome.
» Retirement (Go to post)26-09-2012 @ 03:00 
Amazing. You seem well clued up, avoid injuries absolutely. Be patient & sensible and you'll get there for sure.

A mate of mine who is a masters powerlifter now, won three lift comps & bench press for 15 years in a row told me his secret is to go and post the lowest possible weights to win each time. He says he is not interested in records, but titles. He also says he regularly sees guys show up as the only lifter in their class and bomb out with nothing on the board because they try to push themselves too hard.

I think he has a clever way of thinking, super humble fella too.
» Retirement (Go to post)26-09-2012 @ 02:35 
How old are you Sam?

The training vids you have been posting lately is making upper body stuff look so easy, I am sure you'll get there especially if you are young-ish.
» 18g of Protein for 4p! (Go to post)26-09-2012 @ 02:31 
Ive been cramming the mushy peas since all the supermarkets went crazy trying to outdo each other with silly cheap prices. The tins & distro must cost more than 5p per tin.

If you mix in a little garlic, olive oil & lemon juice it tastes exactly like Houmous, which costs about 40x as much. Lol.
» Eating economically (Go to post)25-09-2012 @ 14:12 
In iceland you can get 750g of pollock fillets for £3, Lidl is 1kg for £3.20 which is a nice change from all the red meat.

I would stay well clear of "pangasius" and other farmed fish though, which is what most chip shops are using these days.
» no poundstone vid (Go to post)25-09-2012 @ 03:25 
Those curls are insane, no wonder his arms are so big.
» doctor..ive put an eel up my bum....... (Go to post)25-09-2012 @ 03:21 
ItsaSecret said:lmfaoooooooo why didnt he just s**t it out

He probably got a kick out of showing it to some nurses. I wouldve told him to piss off.
» Lifting ideas for family fun day (Go to post)25-09-2012 @ 02:22 
baldt said:do a medley using the child as the weight.

pick up child and run 20 metres. put child in wheel barrow and wheel back. load children on to barrels?
eh...

I like something along these lines. Whatever the "weight" is it should be very light for both safety and for inclusivity. If you had something like a chin up contest about 1/2 of adults and kids would be left behind not even being able to do 1 rep which will make them feel like s**t and the same for a bench press etc, the people who have trained will cane the people who havent. ANd with heavy objects, unless you have trained at lifting things it is asking for trouble. I reckon carrying people is perfect as its not too heavy for people to get injured.

I reckon you could have a competition with kids VS adults. Which is based around people carrying/firemans lift or even human wheel barrow etc. Adults have to carry each other back and forth, then kids have to carry each other back and forth.

You could also do human atlas stones, lift a person onto a wall.

Have you heard of bear crawls? you could do bear crawl racing.

Maybe a strongest dad competition, where the dad has to carry the entire family along a length. Wife piggy back, kid on each arm etc.

Sled pull/push

You could also do something fairly light for maximum reps, some kind of deadlift perhaps but VERY light and for silly high reps (like 50+)
» Eating economically (Go to post)25-09-2012 @ 00:24 
RSP said:Go to an asian butcher, chicken breast £3.50-£4 a kg and you can get chicken mince which is nice (and cheaper than beef mince). Not sure about quality but probably the same/better than frozen chicken breast from a supermarket. They also do eggs cheap.

The quality is actually better, the meat in big supermarkets has been known to be "plumped up" with water etc..

Them asian butchers also tend to sell full chickens for well cheap and you get to choose what size you want them too.

I only buy chicken from supermarkets when its free range stuff. Aldi does free range ones with skin on, £5 (often discounted too)
» Eating economically (Go to post)25-09-2012 @ 00:21 
king_mob said:2 litres whole milk is about 1400kcal and £1.60

15 free range eggs are about £4

My local independent supermarket does 30 free range eggs for £2.75

They are slightly smaller eggs which the egg producers have a hard time shifting to big supermarkets.

Aldi also do regular sized free range eggs for £2.10 for 15
» Wrist size? (Go to post)24-09-2012 @ 02:42 
PeteHodgson said:Oh good. I thought i had tiny wrists when in actual fact my daughter has massive wrists...nearly as big as some guys off here and she's only just started school. Her legs are almost as big as mine too. Lol

My sis is 35 and her wrists are only around 4" so indeed your daughter is huge.
» Wrist size? (Go to post)24-09-2012 @ 02:39 
PeteHodgson said:Mine-7 1/4 "! Ha. Puny. My 4 year old daughters-6"!
Lol

My biceps are noticeably bigger than hers though! Woo hoo

At 28 years old and 5'8", I match your 4 year old daughter. Six Inches here.
» weights an oly bar needed (Go to post)23-09-2012 @ 19:29 
Got one of these;

http://www.yorkfitness.com/products/162-bars-collars/1130-york...

Unused. In birmingham.

12345678910 ... ... 5657585960616263646566

You are here: HomeForumherman → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions