REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 240 guests
You are here: HomeForumherman → View All Posts

View All Posts: herman

12345678910 ... ... 5657585960616263646566

» T4 Underactive Thyroid (Go to post)21-10-2012 @ 20:28 
Out of curiosity, is your bro a vegetarian?
» crossfit - bit of a hard time (Go to post)21-10-2012 @ 20:26 
To be honest crossfit is extremely good at weeding out mere mortals. The people who can cope with the drastically contrasting and extremely brutal challenges really are pretty special (in a good way) but the process leaves a lot of spent bodies in its wake (busted achillies tendons, knee ligaments, slap tears, rhabdomyolysis, getting run over by cars and more)

What is a shame is that the contrasting demands such as lifting weights and triathlons means that you dont get the best of either. And some really impressive people seem to enter the competitions (on roids for sure!).

In terms of a training methodology it sucks. Training is about picking sensible & simple strength or cardio challenges and progressing at them steadily and safely. Sticking to the same thing and finding ways to progress intelligently.

Crossfit is about thinking up all of the hardest things, stuff that requires years of conditioning to do effectively (high rep snatches, plyometrics etc) and trying to do them in the hardest way, in the same session, for time. In no particular order.

Then doing something completely different next time, basically pulled out of a hat. There is no progression, no 'programming" and you are encouraged to do it while counting your almonds as "blocks" and delivering the contents of your bank account to Greg Glassman .

If you are someone who is used to doing any form of effective exercise, lifting weights (powerlifting or oly style) and can walk, run and swim. You already have everything you need to achieve your strength & conditioning goals safely, conveniently and cheaply.
» post training carbs (Go to post)21-10-2012 @ 18:16 
Post Edited: 21.10.2012 @ 18:17 PM by herman
Bananas or dates. Not in the shake, just in addition to.
» Squat, Bench, Deadlift and SLDL PB's (Go to post)21-10-2012 @ 14:39 
Great lifts and amazing improvements in such a short time. All the lifts seemed easy and controlled too.

Sorry that I am too lazy to dig through your log. But could you summarise how you laid out your squat, deadlift & SLDL training?

thanks.
» bodybuilding drug death? (Go to post)21-10-2012 @ 01:20 
Look up DNP, sounds like it is pretty hard not to die when using it.
» Carb back loading (Go to post)20-10-2012 @ 22:39 
I am pretty sure doctor supplied TRT comes in the form of patches or gels that you put on your skin.
» pants? (Go to post)20-10-2012 @ 22:37 
What are you american or something?

Why is this abrasion a problem anyway, are you not wearing undercrackers?

In terms of trousers, I have found "carrot fit" trousers suit the shape of squatting legs very well, in terms of fabric, corduroy is soft and comfy, also nice and warm for winter.
» Breed of Dog (Go to post)20-10-2012 @ 13:54 
+1 to what matt said.
» Breed of Dog (Go to post)20-10-2012 @ 02:05 
Patterdale terrier is what Id get if I had free choice.

But really, Id just look around to see what dogs are available at rescue centres. Buying a bred/farmed dog seems weird to me.
» Carb back loading (Go to post)20-10-2012 @ 01:22 
Ditch brown stuff, its harder to digest, fills you up more and you also get less nutrients from it.
» HELP! My Hormonal GF is busting my balls trying to come up with baby names. (Go to post)19-10-2012 @ 23:18 
kirkynick said:
Henry.

I suppose it depends on what your surname is with regard to how a first name sounds.

Mark Henry is the best combination, also happens to be shared by a certain legend.
» Carb back loading (Go to post)19-10-2012 @ 22:47 
If you are not calorie dodging you can just use whole milk powder instead of whey protein.
» HELP! My Hormonal GF is busting my balls trying to come up with baby names. (Go to post)19-10-2012 @ 22:27 
Just go with Eddy that you already chose.

Has an informal version and a very posho version. Covers all bases.

Eddy>Edward
» HELP! My Hormonal GF is busting my balls trying to come up with baby names. (Go to post)19-10-2012 @ 22:03 
PAGAN said:
Definitely a smiley missing there mate.

Sorry, if that happens to be your name. I dislike my own name enough to be going by Herman here.
» HELP! My Hormonal GF is busting my balls trying to come up with baby names. (Go to post)19-10-2012 @ 21:40 
Definitely not Jamie, total chav name.

12345678910 ... ... 5657585960616263646566

You are here: HomeForumherman → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions