Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumherman → View All Posts

View All Posts: herman

» Eleiko bars (Go to post)18-08-2014 @ 00:18 
Uesaka bar is better than Eleiko. And in the case of competition bar vs competition bar, drastically cheaper.
» Big Z's looking mortal... (Go to post)16-08-2014 @ 15:34 
ChrisMcCarthy said:Haven't we done this one already?

Yeah, and I recall Z saying he is only doing light stuff now. Light being 200kg logs.
» Link to fame (Go to post)09-08-2014 @ 23:47 
Post Edited: 09.08.2014 @ 23:48 PM by herman
One of my sis's colleagues is friends with Nicole Kidman, they all went out to dinner one time.

Rankin Roger from 'the beat' used to rollerblade past my house daily for years.
» Olympic lifting with axle (Go to post)08-08-2014 @ 02:00 
As everyone has pointed out, the snatching will very on impossible, such a long distance to deal with a fat bar trying to twist its way out of your hands!

Your doing extremely well though, this is very impressive!

I reckon there is worthwhile accessory work you can do at home, the jerk & front squat stuff you are already doing is not a bad start. I would add a press from a deep squat position, snatch grip BTN presses from squat position, very fast and precise snatch balance/drop snatch, and work on squat jerks even if you are a split jerker.

You could also sharpen up the split jerks you are doing, more consistent drive/catch position and wider split. I like that you are multirepping your jerks.

Various deadlift/pull variations for strength, and maybe stretching your hips joints with the bar on knees stretch so you can get deeper snatches.

Lastly, take some air out of your tyres.
» Who rows?How do you row? (Go to post)03-08-2014 @ 00:55 
The best kind of row is a chin up/pullup lol.

All of the actual rows, they are all good in different ways. I like underhand yates row, dead stop rows from the floor and the karwoski shrug row hyrbid. Hard to go wrong really, unless that is you cannot hold your back flat in deadlifts or do chins. I Think both are highly desirable pre-requisites.
» Birmingham Strongman? (Go to post)28-07-2014 @ 00:26 
HeavySingle said:Ironworks in Birmingham had a good strongman section few years ago when I lived there

It didnt when I checked it about 2-3 years ago. Whole gym just machines. There was a tiny dark room at the back which was the squat room. But the racks were in bad shape and I think they had maybe one stone.
» have you ever been stuck in a lift? (Go to post)28-07-2014 @ 00:23 
haha,

no lift stories for me. But did get stuck on a rollercoaster, nothing too big or scary. Basically on the slow ascent up, it just creaked its way to a dead stop.
» Where is the cwg weightlifting? (Go to post)26-07-2014 @ 19:36 
thanks, just in time!
» Where is the cwg weightlifting? (Go to post)26-07-2014 @ 19:27 
Ive checked all the three bbc feeds on the telly, paid close attention to the schedule they display, but no mention of weightlifting. I recall Mark saying shaun clegg lifting 7.30 on saturday, was that today?

I looked at the website and it says 10-2pm. Im confused, did I miss it?

They just showed highlights of zoe smith/michaela breeze. Surely they shouldve shown Shaun too if hes already lifted?

Im confused.
» Herbalife 'Wellness' Coach vs Experienced Troll (Go to post)21-07-2014 @ 13:06 
Loal.

I think she just wanted to be your friend. You should've held in their at least until a boob pics appeared.
» Victor Sots (Go to post)17-07-2014 @ 01:51 
Just stumbled upon some info about this lifter I was not familiar with. Victor Sots, the guy who the sots press is attributed to. A soviet/Ukrainian lifter of the early 80's. Knocked up 6 world records.

Anyhow, what I found interesting is that because of the whole sots press thing, i thought his lifting abilities might be heavily focused on precision technique, flexibility and efficiency. Perhaps like Norik Vardanian of today. Or any squat jerker. I assumed that Victor would definitely be a squat jerker... but guess what? He f**king power jerked!

As far as I can tell he did up to 237.5kg in competition at 100kg bodyweight as a pretty shallow power jerk. Rumor has it that he would use 155kg for his sots presses. Strong fellow or what.

http://www.chidlovski.net/liftup/l_athleteResult.asp?a_id=573
» Husafelt stone in the midlands area? (Go to post)16-07-2014 @ 15:25 
ask these guys; http://www.centralfitnessgym.com/

Im not sure they have it tbh, but if its available in the midlands they should know.
» No Protein Shake (Go to post)14-07-2014 @ 22:06 
The_Lone_Wolf said:Why are you eating egg whites only? Please don't tell me you're binning the yolks? They're the best part FFS!!!!

this
» general gym Bro deadlift comments (Go to post)12-07-2014 @ 12:46 
John said:
"a social club but with added gravity "

Thats a beaut slogan.

Id print it on the wall.
» Knee went 'pop'! (Go to post)09-07-2014 @ 21:53 
Post Edited: 10.07.2014 @ 04:03 AM by herman
Imaging is often indefinitive. If it sounds, feels and looks like a tear. it is a tear. So treat it as such.

I know a girl who had a meniscus tear which settled by itself quickly, enough that she couldnt feel a limitation. But she then just acted like she was 100% better and ended up further damaging it, to the extent that she ended up immobile and on crutches for a year. Has had massive atrophy, bone wastage, f**ked up gait and weight loss. She had to travel to usa and see several surgeons before she found one who could diagnose and do surgery. But because of all the problems now, Its going to take years to put right.

You are here: HomeForumherman → View All Posts
Return to top View Desktop Site