REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 337 guests
You are here: HomeForumMattGriff → View All Posts

View All Posts: MattGriff

12345678910 ... 11 ... 256257258259260261262263264265266

» Some Squats for the Lads (Go to post)04-05-2010 @ 22:45 
I spied 2 squats with the lighter weight.
» log of the young one :) (Go to post)04-05-2010 @ 10:05 
You did well mate, especially at such short notice - and kudos on the deadlift I know it's an event you struggle with.
» Doesn't life suck when you don't know which camp your in?! (Go to post)03-05-2010 @ 10:14 
Marsbar said:
and your point is? competitive bodybuilding is hard work, powerlifters just eat cheese and wear leotards don't they????

Yes, they find leotars somewhat more appealing than oiling up wearing a thong and getting pumped with a room full of equally scantily clad men.

But no you right, bodybuilding is the hardest non sport out there I am sure.
» Doesn't life suck when you don't know which camp your in?! (Go to post)02-05-2010 @ 19:49 
Marsbar said:I'm a bodybuilder who likes to lift heavy and I'm doing a strongman comp in a few months but plan to do more bb comps next year .. what does that make me?

I have to laugh when people slag bodybuilders off especially when that's what they started out as ..most bb'ers respect the strength sports, shame that respect doesn't work both ways. There seems to be this elitist snobbery that comes with strength sports that what they do is more manly and pure .. what a load of f**king bo***cks.

Training and dieting for a bb comp is f**king hard graft .. mentally and physically .. if you don't think it is then give it a go and see if you can stick it out.

Miss World may have five masters, a phd in physics and be capable of winning the nobel prize - but who the f**k cares!!!! - nobody gives a flying f**k what she had to do to get said appareance!
» Life is like a box of Chocolates (Go to post)02-05-2010 @ 19:15 
Sparrow said:

f**k knows how you didn't qualify for the england's

It was outside of his comfort zone in a competition - as we use to call them in rugby a super trainer.
» Doesn't life suck when you don't know which camp your in?! (Go to post)02-05-2010 @ 19:07 
Stetec said:Sound advice Nige. Strength wise, at the minute not a great deal, spend too much time treating gym like a social club these days, drinking coffee, lifting as little as I can get away with.

A couple of years ago, not so bad, main issue is I've hardly ever train legs due to a knee problem I've had since I was a kid.

On a good day, bench press around 210k (ugly rep, not comp spec!), 250k deadlift maybe, 200 ish squat iirc.

A little better overhead, behind neck push press I think I got up to about 130k or so.

Im around 6'1" and 105k most of the time.

You bench more than you squat?

Eek Unhappy

There is actually no hope for you, give up now
» Doesn't life suck when you don't know which camp your in?! (Go to post)02-05-2010 @ 14:30 
If you will willingly question if your a bodybuilder or not you clearly are to much of a guyliner wearing, manbag carrying, Hollyoaks watching bummer to belong in stregth sports.
» How to effectifly ........ (Go to post)02-05-2010 @ 14:22 
Post Edited: 02.05.2010 @ 14:25 PM by MattGriff
Thing said:
i was thinking that what would be better for the like of the amature/ the full time working average joe

There is excellent research to back up the principles of multiple training sessions at sub maximal weights. If you can fit it in that way it is a useful tool, not possible unless you own and gym or have decent working hours – many find training near everyday is a suitable counterpart.

A balance must be obtained between actual physical strength primarily developed by the use of Powerlifts and Olympic movements and event training type strength an experience.

For a large majority on the board they could see vast improvements in thier abilities including events if they focussed on becoming stronger.

It is no great surprise that some of the best performing strongmen on here (outside of the top ranks of Tel & Loz etc as it were) are the likes of Mick, Clegg and Boar respectively in their weight classes. Two former powerlifters and a former Oly Lifter all with excellent core strength.

Then looking at the likes of Loz, Felix and Tel - 300+ squats all round, the lowest powerlifting standard deadlift being 382.5kgs - again excellent actual strength.

In regards to fun, while I agree you must enjoy training - most are in the game to do thier best at comps. Personally the biggest kick comes from knwoing I have improved a weak area to give a better overall performance.

I am of course very very new to the strongman game, having done one competition with only one training session towards it.
To me getting stronger and applying that strength to the technical aspects of the events seems the most simple solution - and as per Occam's razor I belive it is correct.
» How to effectifly ........ (Go to post)02-05-2010 @ 12:07 
The routines of Big Z and of Pudz suggest thier training is based in the morning around Olympic style and power movements primarily - done in a more Olympic programmed manner rather than a typical powerlifting stlye ie rather than doing a squat and deadlift day, squats are done on one day, front squats the day after and so on.
This is typically followed up with some higher rep stuff to nail off the am session and followed by events training in the evening.

However this said these fellas are full time atheltes and have sponsorship, copious amounts of suppliments and a fair few g's of adrogens per week.
» training journals debate (Go to post)01-05-2010 @ 19:34 
little_a said:
Doesnt matter any more. Pete can clean now. At long f**king last he's one of us. Man I feel proud right nowGrin

Have you lemoners been telling him waxing your car is what you mean by being sexy and cleaning? bas***ds!
» St.Ives Strongest Man 2010 (Go to post)01-05-2010 @ 09:52 
WILLSAN said:does anyone know Tristen O Brien - tristen2010 on here? pm'd him but he's not been online since march.

Sorry no.

Hopefully the Keep can make it too, be great for experience etc to compete against him.
» training journals debate (Go to post)30-04-2010 @ 22:27 
Rick said:Pete's a three or four (I lose track) times British champion and record-holder with nobody close to him in his class who's been keeping a log without fail for longer than many of us have been lifting. End of discussion imo.

The Classes I suppose bring argument into it as to if that makes him a great/good lifter, successful I suppose - but given the reduced field is it a big fish in a little pond?
» training journals debate (Go to post)30-04-2010 @ 22:25 
MarkClegg said:

And Griff, Why you not been posting as much these days, Cleggers misses You man Cool

I am always loitering and watching things, been very busy at this end with financial stuff and house purchase plus a couple of other bits n bobs.
» training journals debate (Go to post)29-04-2010 @ 19:42 
Tony said:
You seem to take a very dim view Matt of people posting their training/numbers/vids etc.
Any particular reason for this?

Nah not at all mate, people can do whatever they see fit to motivate themselves, even if it is just for procrastonation purposes - each to thier own.
Some people want to post vids for kudos, some for proof, some for the hell of it and so on, whatever suits them.

I just think in this instance the Cleggs are the most sucsessful in what they do on this particular board that post near full time journals up.
» training journals debate (Go to post)29-04-2010 @ 19:28 
Probably Clegg(s), most other big lifters don't seem to post thier numbers or training, thier comps do the job for them.

12345678910 ... 11 ... 256257258259260261262263264265266

You are here: HomeForumMattGriff → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions