REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 3 members and 218 guests
You are here: HomeForumMattGriff → View All Posts

View All Posts: MattGriff

12345678910 ... ... 256257258259260261262263264265266

» TOMS TRAINING LOG. (Go to post)15-12-2007 @ 21:10 
I second Mr Fleet, fair play for you for getting stuck in with training and doing the comp, onwards and upwards and all that (*coughs* Squats & deads)
» Verbally abusive drug taking bald person (Go to post)14-12-2007 @ 11:48 
Mmm some girls birthday at work, how nice are custard dougnuts!!!!, is it wrong that I have had three? yes, yes it is, there should be more of them!
» Verbally abusive drug taking bald person (Go to post)14-12-2007 @ 11:41 
Cheers lads, my squat seems far behind, but my 300 was done in Breifs with no suit on my second week of using them during Lees build up. I will be aiming for 350 at least in the Sout East Open and at the British, well, lets just say I plan to be competative with Pork Pie and Steve Middleton (I don't have delusions that I could topple Del or Criag, not yet anyway)
» Verbally abusive drug taking bald person (Go to post)14-12-2007 @ 11:10 
little_a said:
Do you ever deload Matt?

This is really, more speed work than anything else. I like to use the off season to sort out bits and bobs and build up raw strength. In the big three I rarely go over 6 reps, much more than that is an endurance test and doesn't build the kind of force I want, it will get you stronger, but not much stronger for max effort.
I cycle it all towards the single lifts at the end of a build up, nothing else matters to me. We do things like wave training, and speed sets, recently doing 10 sets of 3 with 220 on the deads, Lee, myself and so on just switching over on the bar. Still kicks the s**t out of you, but in a different way to heavy triples (280 +)

I did however train up with my coach lee for the GPC worlds, had a week off then did a few weeks of lighter stuff. If I do light though I always make sure the posetive section of the rep is as fast as physically possible for me to generate power.
» Verbally abusive drug taking bald person (Go to post)14-12-2007 @ 10:36 
Post Edited: 27.11.2008 @ 22:14 PM by Rob
You know what, bo***cks to it, I will record what I am upto. Mainly so I don’t forget myself!

Wed 12th Deadlifts

Not going really heavy tonight, or over the next weeks, working on speed form and driving the hips through more.

Off the floor

220 x 3
225 x 3
230 x 3
235 x 3
240 x 3

Partials – just below the knee

220 x 3
260 x 3
300 x 2 x 2

V Bar cable row - (the stack has weird number breaks, I think it is a lbs based.

118.2 x 10
127.2 x 10
136.6 x 10
145.5 x 10

V Bar Pulldown

Stack x 10 x 3

Tired now, had a bench contest last Sunday so my lats were still a bit sore. Deadlifts felt sound though, my aim is to build to 3 sets of 3 with 320 in the rack with decent form to work on the hip drive before I start my next comp build up (about 6-7 weeks)

Went home, ate food (mmm pork chops and potatoes)
» 250kg raw bench (Go to post)14-12-2007 @ 10:26 
A few weeks with some heavy board work and close grips and he will be sorted.
Scary thing is, this guy doesn't train for a powerful bench, but for 'Pecs', if his triceps got a good kicking then I will say I am glad he tries to stay under the 100kg mark, I don't want to bench against him, well not yet anyway (I have my robo Inzer elbows and shoulder joints on order for X-mas)
» TOMS TRAINING LOG. (Go to post)14-12-2007 @ 10:20 
tbench said:
Just an update on my weight,went to boots scales again this morning,112.6k on sunday,110.6 today,so looking good for weigh in,i also gained half an inch in heightEek

Well done on the height gain! Does wonders for your BMI!
» Your top 3 supplements (Go to post)13-12-2007 @ 22:00 
All so whey off the mark (sorry couldn't resist)

The deffinative top 3 suppliments are:

1: Pie
2: Chips
3: 8 pints of Guinness

Take each night without fail, it assists your sleep, ensures you have calories to burn at night rather than muscles and makes your poo look like a cool oil slick that the wife has to clean up.
Food of champions!
» 250kg raw bench (Go to post)13-12-2007 @ 20:16 
Post Edited: 13.12.2007 @ 20:16 PM
Titch said:
That's a ridiculous lift. The IPF world record bench for 100kg is 290kg or thereabouts - that's surely got to be in his reach if he was equipped.

I don't doubt it, but I do doubt especially coming from a bb background and AAS being legal over there he would pass the piss test!

Still fookin awesome
» Selling a Squat suit (Go to post)13-12-2007 @ 11:47 
PLUK site has a classified section.

What make/size/design (polkadot preffered) is it?
» Hello All (Go to post)13-12-2007 @ 09:04 
Titch said:
Brummie Matt Griff from Powerliftinguk?! You're a funny c**t and damn strong too. Nice to see you on here.Happy

Aye thats me, if any are in doubt listen to me and the crowd on the bench vid lol.

I am balder now, fresh polish last night.
» Hello All (Go to post)12-12-2007 @ 23:29 
Cheers for the welcomes guys, I noticed the golden one and T.

In answer to yours T, I won't be posting up training anymore, I have 6 weeks offseason then a 10 weeker build to the Southern Open to qualify for the Brits, only gotta put up 765ish or somthing, which is easy enough in itself but I have seperate goals in mind to build my lifts up for the british. I have no intention of letting Del and Craig have thier little set too without giving Steve and Dai a run for thier money for third.
» TOMS TRAINING LOG. (Go to post)12-12-2007 @ 11:46 
Hey T, in reply to the PLUK post, my training is going very well thanks, few bits to iron out over the winter before I kick into gear for the Brit qualifier in April. It will all come together then I hope.

Best of luck mate, you put the graft in with your crazt twice a day training routines and such, so I hope it all goes spot on.Cool
» Hello All (Go to post)12-12-2007 @ 11:40 
Boar said:
great vid matt and lee marshall - what a beast !!

weight loss going well mate, i'd have to give the wife a piggyback during the weigh inn to get into the 110's next yearGrin

Lol fair enough, you've done bloody well to shed it mate, fair play to ya. If I carried my wife i would be in the '140+ I know everything and you are always wrong category' Grin

Cheers for the comments, was chuffed with the bench, finnaly past the 500lb barrier, 250/550 next then!
Lee is a beast, good to train with too, you just have to leave your ego outside as he batters all my lifts with ease. I'll get him one day though (ahem) although he may retire before I do lol
» Hello All (Go to post)12-12-2007 @ 10:48 
marc said:
Hello Matt what org do you lift in mate? any comps soon? i know i'm a nosey bas***dHappy

Gonna be lifting BPC next year matey, just done a friendly bench contest where I got the 227.5, and also bombed on 235 (ahem the night after the hatton fight, I was not int he best of states, ahh bo***cks was a freindly and I love boxing so screw it, still got best lifter anyway lol)

Here is a link to the 227.5 to prove I am not a Tyson wanna be bulls**tter

And one of 'my teacher/sensai/coach/man who causes me pain/Yoda jedi master etc (you get the idea)

Mr Boar, good to see you bud, hows your weight doing now? still decreasing with your new love of, the C word (sorry, can't bring myself to say it)?
I take it I will not be lifting vs you int he 110's next year now, just Craig & Del (*crying*)

12345678910 ... ... 256257258259260261262263264265266

You are here: HomeForumMattGriff → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions