Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitDoesn't life suck when you don't know which camp your in?!

Doesn't life suck when you don't know which camp your in?!

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

I'm a bodybuilder who likes to lift heavy and I'm doing a strongman comp in a few months but plan to do more bb comps next year .. what does that make me?

I have to laugh when people slag bodybuilders off especially when that's what they started out as ..most bb'ers respect the strength sports, shame that respect doesn't work both ways. There seems to be this elitist snobbery that comes with strength sports that what they do is more manly and pure .. what a load of f**king bo***cks.

Training and dieting for a bb comp is f**king hard graft .. mentally and physically .. if you don't think it is then give it a go and see if you can stick it out.
Stetec said:Sound advice Nige. Strength wise, at the minute not a great deal, spend too much time treating gym like a social club these days, drinking coffee, lifting as little as I can get away with.

A couple of years ago, not so bad, main issue is I've hardly ever train legs due to a knee problem I've had since I was a kid.

On a good day, bench press around 210k (ugly rep, not comp spec!), 250k deadlift maybe, 200 ish squat iirc.

A little better overhead, behind neck push press I think I got up to about 130k or so.

Im around 6'1" and 105k most of the time.

You bench more than you squat?

Eek Unhappy

There is actually no hope for you, give up now
dr_hazbun
I would like to hazard an educated guess that more than 90% of powerlifters are closet bodybuilders so you're not alone mate!
Marsbar said:I'm a bodybuilder who likes to lift heavy and I'm doing a strongman comp in a few months but plan to do more bb comps next year .. what does that make me?

I have to laugh when people slag bodybuilders off especially when that's what they started out as ..most bb'ers respect the strength sports, shame that respect doesn't work both ways. There seems to be this elitist snobbery that comes with strength sports that what they do is more manly and pure .. what a load of f**king bo***cks.

Training and dieting for a bb comp is f**king hard graft .. mentally and physically .. if you don't think it is then give it a go and see if you can stick it out.

So true mate. Happy
Bench only meets? 210@105 is a tidy bench.
MattGriff said:
Eek Unhappy

Be nice mr griff haha

and marsbar ive dieted for shows i was in the process before i got glandular feavour Unhappy
MattGriff said:
Eek Unhappy

Be nice mr griff haha

and marsbar ive dieted for shows i was in the process before i got glandular feaver Unhappy
Marsbar said:I'm a bodybuilder who likes to lift heavy and I'm doing a strongman comp in a few months but plan to do more bb comps next year .. what does that make me?

Miss World may have five masters, a phd in physics and be capable of winning the nobel prize - but who the f**k cares!!!! - nobody gives a flying f**k what she had to do to get said appareance!
MattGriff said:
Miss World may have five masters, a phd in physics and be capable of winning the nobel prize - but who the f**k cares!!!! - nobody gives a flying f**k what she had to do to get said appareance!

Yeahhhh good old matt haha

Fairpoint if she could squat 300kg or deadlift 700lb or somethin id be very f**kin impressed ha
MattGriff said:

If she achieved her goal of world peace she might actually win the Nobel prize.
MattGriff said:

and your point is? competitive bodybuilding is hard work, powerlifters just eat cheese and wear leotards don't they????
Marsbar said:
and your point is? competitive bodybuilding is hard work, powerlifters just eat cheese and wear leotards don't they????

Yes, they find leotars somewhat more appealing than oiling up wearing a thong and getting pumped with a room full of equally scantily clad men.

But no you right, bodybuilding is the hardest non sport out there I am sure.
Did I say it was the hardest? No, just that it's hard! Powerlifting can't be much harder cos you only have to
lift it for 1 rep after all Wink
This is true; however it is measured simply against another guys 1 rep - biggest weight wins - simples.

When how the fake tan or oil was applied, who used the correct moisturiser or masturbated over themselves in the mirror sufficiently before stepping onstage for what is essentially a beauty contest masquerading as a sport it just goes a little too far.

Do you have to say you want world peace too? What is your talent on stage? Perhaps it’s being the most narcissistic self obsessed egg smelling homoerotic piece of ass on stage?
Spending more time in the bathroom than a woman?
How many points do you have on your Boots advantage card?
Stetec said:just wondering what made people decide to do strongman? Can't imagine there would be that many people who started off in the gym with the intention of doing strongman from the start.

I started going to the gym purely to work on my guns and sixpack when I was 18 like most I believe. After a few years I was getting bored with the same old routine and decided to get holdof a certain Mr. Hollands on myspace, I didn’t expect him to respond but he did and after giving me some advice he pointed me into the direction or Will / Al at the obsolete devonstrongman camp. Everything changed for me then.

Like Matt I was shocked that you bench the same as you squat, this is very bbuilder like in my experience.

Marsbar said:I have to laugh when people slag bodybuilders off especially when that's what they started out as ..most bb'ers respect the strength sports, shame that respect doesn't work both ways. There seems to be this elitist snobbery that comes with strength sports that what they do is more manly and pure .. what a load of f**king bo***cks.

While a part of me still can't see the appeal of getting up on a stage wearing a sparkly thong I have since learnt to respect those who have the guts to do it. I've found there is generally a mutual respect between those BBuilders who actually compete and the PLifters / Strongmen. The problem is normally the knobheads who train like body builders but never get up on a stage.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitDoesn't life suck when you don't know which camp your in?!
Return to top View Desktop Site