REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 226 guests
You are here: HomeForumMattGriff → View All Posts

View All Posts: MattGriff

12345678910 ... ... 256257258259260261262263264265266

» St.Ives Strongest Man 2010 (Go to post)27-05-2010 @ 22:45 
2xl should do ok mate cheers
» Conditioning while increasing bodyweight (Go to post)25-05-2010 @ 22:09 
I should add one of the indicators that would stand out is conditioning. If you are struggling so much with additional weight then ask yourself 'is it functional weight' - screams volumes.
» Conditioning while increasing bodyweight (Go to post)25-05-2010 @ 22:04 
martinb said:
dude I know I'm weak, but I was weak at 105 too, and I said 30+ I haven't pulled a single in a while
I am pureley doin what I think i need to do to get stronger, MattGriff you seem to know what you are talking about, how about you lay a little advice on me if you think this is the wrong coarse of action?

There is an obvious answer to the question, your diet. You were lacking in something, now in excess you are able to draw the additional missing components from your diet, however in gaining weight quickly and without performance to match you are obviously gaining more fat and water than you think, be it intramuscular or whatever.

Sort your diet out, train hard and rest, simple formula often overlooked.
» Conditioning while increasing bodyweight (Go to post)25-05-2010 @ 21:45 
martinb said:
What? Nobody, i suppose I was kinda undereating for a while because I wanted to do a 105 comp, so I think most of the weight, as in over half, has been good

I think your off your head if you belive that, most of that will be water and fat. if you gained that much solid mass you would sure as hell be adding more than 30kg to a massive lift like that at your level of lifting
» Does caffeine make you aggressive? (Go to post)25-05-2010 @ 21:29 
Kerridge said:kicked a chicken down the garden, no reason?

I want to hear more about this
» Conditioning while increasing bodyweight (Go to post)25-05-2010 @ 21:28 
martinb said:
I've put on about 15kg in the last year or so, most of it good weight

not enough! haha
maybe 30kg+ on my dead, 15kgish overhead.

Who are you trying to kid here?
» pudz gets owned! (Go to post)25-05-2010 @ 15:56 
JC said:
I'm pretty sure you couldnt say something that offensive that someone could be arsed to travel all the way down to brum for 'a word'

Oooo a new challenge
» pudz gets owned! (Go to post)25-05-2010 @ 14:22 
OdiousSlob said:
Where do you train and at what time.

Colesium in Aston - I'm there Mon/Wed/Fri from about 17:15ish
» pudz gets owned! (Go to post)25-05-2010 @ 08:59 
JC said:
Strangely, I actually agree!

Its not so strange, most people have noted that more often than not the actual content of the posts I make are pretty accurate - some sensitive souls just don't like the way in which the info is delivered. And as the Clegg pointed out I make no bones about hiding who I am or where I am so if anyone has a problem by all means come take it up with me.

Its not what I say, but the way I say it apparently Grin
» Weight Gain (Go to post)24-05-2010 @ 21:36 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
Surely calories are calories? In what form extra weight is stored in the body (muscle/fat) surely depends on your activity (lifting weights) or lack of activity (lazing around on the sofa)?
(I'm a nutritional ignoramus though.)

While a Kcal is a kcal, the effect on the body is totally different. For e.g 9g of Protien will have a different effect on your body to 4g of fat - but the calorific content is the same.

if calories were calories you could just consume a few hundred grammes of alchohol a day (7kcals per g) and your all good, however you know this will have a different effect to other kcals
» Weight Gain (Go to post)24-05-2010 @ 20:56 
FAT_SAM said:Mutant mass was awesome! I used it to get from 16 stone to 20 stone a couple of years back!Happy

I think JC is after functional weight gain not just getting fat
» Weight Gain (Go to post)24-05-2010 @ 14:03 
JC said:Cheers.
I only avoid the oats thing as being diabetic, I really need to know EXACTLY how many carbs I am taking in in a serving (to adjust me insulin needs) and am very lazy so dont end up measuring out the oats
Got that base sorted Grin

Ahh okies, you may struggle with most of them then as they are uber sugary which is goin to do you no favours.

Maybe buy ultra fine oats of myprotien and use a 25g or 50g scoop for ease, they mix better too in fairness.
» Weight Gain (Go to post)24-05-2010 @ 13:43 
And Deca
» Weight Gain (Go to post)24-05-2010 @ 13:42 
That mutant mass is supposedly very good.

Blended oats at 50p a kg from asda mixed with milk and nesquick to taste (add in protien if you must) is cheap, cheerful and probably more calorific than most market stuff
» pudz gets owned! (Go to post)24-05-2010 @ 13:40 
Fitness is subjective - Pudz was fit for strongman whcih was his game. Being fit for another purpose is exactly that. A sprinter is not likely to run a marathon for example, but you would not consider them unfit.

People need to realise these are two very different games and stop comparing 'one of the fittest strongmen' so what - most non pro fighters, rugby players, footballers will be fitter in cv terms at fighting, that is after all what they do and train for.

What strongman event lasts for 5 mins??? No comparison as far as I am concerned.

12345678910 ... ... 256257258259260261262263264265266

You are here: HomeForumMattGriff → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions