Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining Journalslog of the young one :)

log of the young one :)

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

fatter_tomorrow
Post Edited: 14.09.2009 @ 17:18 PM by fatter_tomorrow
i thought id start a log here, ive got another one but its easier to put on here + i know a fair few people on here too. some gerneral goals from me are to put more mass on, do more cardio/get fitter for strongman and get stronger esp. my deadlift!!
my plans for this year are to compete in one more strongman comp, jts at the contrainer probably and do a powerlifting comp. then next year do as many strongman comps as possible to gain experiance and do 1 or 2 pl comps.
youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/chrisnumber93
im 17, 6ft on a good day and weigh 128kg.

i normally train like the following:
tuesday: squat/dead
wednesday: press (mostly overhead)
friday: squat/dead
sunday: events

today was more of a press session but i did events yesterday as i went to jts place.

log press one motions
70kg 5x5
80kg x3 forarm was hurting Unhappy
100kg clean no press
110kg clean no press

incline log press:
70kg x 8
90kg x 5
110 x 4

was hard to breathe on those as the log was up by my neck.

4 board press:
100 x 8
140 x 5 paused
160 x 3 4th i failed.

farmers walk
70 a hand x 30m
110 a hand 10 metres then practicing turning as im awful at it
110 a hand 10 metres + stumbles a few metres after the turn
same again
110 x 10m back to the gym door.

axle holds: double overhand
70 x 20 secs
110 xf

i had no energy today as i trained events yesterday.
Your squats looked 100% better the other day with a narrower stance mate.

Not that I can exactly talk with my Coanesq (just not weight) style of squatting.
one strong youngling
fatter_tomorrow
Post Edited: 14.09.2009 @ 16:38 PM by fatter_tomorrow
cheers thing and matt, going to stay close stance for the time being, felt awkward with briefs on though.

30 mins medium pace on bike
hip flexors stretches
played with 150hg gripper couple sets of 50 (its too light, i need to give it back to goodwin and get some of my own heavier grippers)
sledgehammer leaver stuff.
fatter_tomorrow said:cheers thing and matt, going to stay close stance for the time being, felt awkward with briefs on though.

30 mins medium pace on bike
hip flexors stretches
played with 150hg gripper couple sets of 50 (its too light, i need to give it back to goodwin and get some of my own heavier grippers)
sledgehammer leaver stuff.

good stuff mate. When you can hold the HG250 fully closed, one handed for 1 minute is when you are a grip master Wink

good sessions. keep it up! Will have toget my ass down olympian again!
fatter_tomorrow
goodwinm said:
good stuff mate. When you can hold the HG250 fully closed, one handed for 1 minute is when you are a grip master Wink

haha i take it you can hold the 250 for a minute then? lol

how was your training at colliseum?
goodwinm said:

Are those the captains of crush things everone goes on about? lee & I both close the 3.5 at the NEC expo and almost got the 4 (lee was closer).

I really can't see the carryover to be honest! Just makes you good at grippers not grip events
fatter_tomorrow
MattGriff said:
Are those the captains of crush things everone goes on about? lee & I both close the 3.5 at the NEC expo and almost got the 4 (lee was closer).
I really can't see the carryover to be honest! Just makes you good at grippers not grip events

yea they are, but you and lee have mad grip strength and evan though there isnt much carryover they are fun to do and strong hands are strong hands. + i just to them when i do sledgehammer stuff for my wrists because i have weak pathetic wrists lol.
fatter_tomorrow
box squats parelell, closer stance then normal...trying it out because im not convinced with the close stance oly squats, sorry matt lol

60 x 8
60 x 5
100 x 5
140 x 3
briefs on:
180 x 3
220 x 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnPvsItJ19g
260 x 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF9gRac0pIo&feature=channel...

close stance oly squats:
100 4 x 8

ham curls with a blue band:
4 x 10

really tired today, need to get back into a routine with school and training.
Strong squatting mate, good job.

Paul
to my untrained eye they looked good.
fatter_tomorrow
cheers guys.
Chris, take the briefs, suits wraps etc off and just focus on belt only squatting hitting good depth consistently for a while. Thats what I'd do anyway.
fatter_tomorrow
BigKen said:Chris, take the briefs, suits wraps etc off and just focus on belt only squatting hitting good depth consistently for a while. Thats what I'd do anyway.

i dont use wraps and suits often at all, i dont evan have a suit at the moment. i have been concentrating on raw work lately and i have noticed my core has got alot stronger.
Yeah, but briefs are still equipment. I think maybe one of the 'problems' so to speak with your squatting is the same as my bros.

Trained with powerlifters from an early stage and then used boxes, bands, chains, suits, wraps etc too early before the full raw/ belt only squats from just squatting and not overcomplicating things isn't as big as it could be.

Just trying to help mate, you've got a great future in strength sports and the more raw stuff you do now I think the better your equipped lifts, or strongman results will be in the future.

You are here: HomeForumTraining Journalslog of the young one :)
Return to top View Desktop Site