REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 143 guests
You are here: HomeForumBigT → View All Posts

View All Posts: BigT

12345678910 ... ... 8990919293949596979899

» Giants Live British - March (Go to post)08-01-2014 @ 11:40 
JC said:
Why? (I'm not being funny with you Tom, I just think its interesting to see peoples reasoning)
My own personal view would be that he didnt do enough at Norway Giants live or WSM to justify a spot without some sort of qualification process
I think Gearing, lloyd, yourself, Kelsey, Gardner are on a pretty similar level and could each be in with a chance to win a qualifier comp dependant on events

JC your never funny!! Kidding!! I just feel that Lloyd is slightly ahead of myself, Gaz and Ben so that's my reasoning....this year! Saddler got an unexpected place so who knows what else may happen.
» Giants Live British - March (Go to post)08-01-2014 @ 11:23 
Lloyd may well get an invite to another Giants comp, as may others. Lloyd definitely deserves one.
» gym in northumberland (Go to post)07-01-2014 @ 18:55 
Aye, that's a good walk and be extended or shortened depending on mood or weather!!
» gym in northumberland (Go to post)07-01-2014 @ 18:32 
Blanchland is lush, some good hill walking there. And the tea room is cracking!!!!
» Giants Live British - March (Go to post)07-01-2014 @ 17:34 
brownbear said:
I must have come across wrong
What i meant was Sadler getting a place ahead of the guys i mentioned seems unjustified.
But i forgot to mention that i also feel 3 internationals at britains strongest man is a joke and a competition that is in theory a national title without qualifiers in ridiculous.
I think a proper qualification for worlds going regional--- nationals--- britains--- worlds would be the best thing we could have.
The model Glenn uses for qualification to UKs can't be faulted. No one gets favours, only the previous winner gets automatic qualification. It's just a shame that the money isn't there to attract the likes of Terry, Loz, Felix etc.

That's fair enough mate. Apologies if I'm a bit narky. Just seems there is next to zero chance to get a shot. Trying hard to use it as fuel for positive though so that next year they can't ignore me again.
» Giants Live British - March (Go to post)07-01-2014 @ 17:23 
brownbear said:
No thats true. But like Darren he's someone who competed at worlds a few years ago and not competed since but is training again.

In your view then how is new blood meant to get a try? Or even push the regulars to work harder to keep their spot? From 2 of your posts you go for guys that haven't proved themselves in a year or far more over guys that graft year in year out!
» Giants Live British - March (Go to post)07-01-2014 @ 16:24 
Chris didn't do anything last year so if we are going off current form why would you list him?
» gym in northumberland (Go to post)07-01-2014 @ 07:54 
You can come train events at JPFitness in Spennymoor with me, Mark Lawson and a mix of opens, 105 and u90kg lads. £5 a sesh. I live in Heddon on the Wall, just over river from Prudhoe. Takes me about 30-40min to gt there. Good place.
» Giants Live British - March (Go to post)06-01-2014 @ 17:46 
If there is only 1 spot free I think Ben Kelsey deserves an invite.
» Giants Live British - March (Go to post)06-01-2014 @ 17:20 
The poster for it says Top 3 go to WSM; so I'm guessing it'll b top 5 Brits no matter on overall placing.
» Giants Live British - March (Go to post)06-01-2014 @ 16:53 
Just goin off last year. Plus wsm being so early no chance for new blood to challenge or test the regulars!
» Giants Live British - March (Go to post)06-01-2014 @ 16:50 
Terry, Loz, Eddie, Hixxy, Felix, Lloyd and probably Ben. Then 2 to 4 internationals and I'd guess a Scot and a Welsh.
» Giants Live British - March (Go to post)06-01-2014 @ 16:47 
Only 12 places and some of those will probably be internationals. I feel I've done a lot again last year to earn a chance, but doubt I will tbh, especially with such limited numbers. Bit disappointing overall tbh.
» wsm next may? (Go to post)06-01-2014 @ 16:46 
Only 12 places and some of those will probably be internationals. I feel I've done a lot again last year to earn a chance, but doubt I will tbh, especially with such limited numbers. Bit disappointing overall tbh.
» world's strongest man (Go to post)03-01-2014 @ 19:01 
Yep, have to agree with JC!! Burke is cool; so happy he hit his target of Top 5. Impressive and modest.

12345678910 ... ... 8990919293949596979899

You are here: HomeForumBigT → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions