Who's Online - 0 members and 239 guests
You are here: HomeForumBigT → View All Posts

View All Posts: BigT

12345678910 ... ... 8990919293949596979899

» North East's Strongest Man (Go to post)07-09-2009 @ 15:46 
Post Edited: 07.09.2009 @ 15:47 PM by BigT
An update from Bob; looks good!

Just a little update and a few changes to events etc:

1: Over head (press) medley (items order has changed as has the weights)
The athlete will start in a standing position in front of the first item, a beer keg. Upon the referee’s command, the athlete will begin lifting the keg. The athlete will press the keg above his head until the elbows are locked (this will be done on each of the four items in the medley). Each of the four items must be held in this position until the referee acknowledges the lift as a GOOD LIFT. Than the athlete must lower the equipment in a control manner to the floor.(there will be a 5 secs penlty if referee thinks athlete has drop the equipment) Before moving onto the next item to be lifted. A time will be taken on each item when the referee says GOOD LIFT. The athlete with the fastest time for all four items wins, or the fastest time taken on each item.
Items & weight. Keg 90kg, Log 110kg, Axle 120kg & pendulum press 130kg
Time limit: 75 seconds

2: Flip (this is now 10 flips)
Each competitor must flip the tyre 10 times, the time will stop when the competitor completes the 10th flip. The fastest time wins. If course not competed, the number of flips a competitor completes. (In the event of two competitors of the same number of flips the points will be shaved.).

Time limit: 90 seconds
Course:

3. Cross walk
Each competitor must lift the Elite Cross (210 kilo’s) from a stand and carry the cross down a 25 metre course. The competitor must cross each finishing line with both feet, before he can continue back down the course. The competitor who carries the cross for the longest distance wins
Time limit: none
Weight: 210kgs

4. Loading (weigths have change)
4 items are to be loaded in ascending order, onto the platform in the upright position, in the fastest time possible. Times will be taken when each item is placed onto the platform. Competitors who successfully lift all 4 items will be scored according to time. Items falling off the sides, back or front of the platform must be replaced by the competitor before continuing onto the next item. In the event of all 4 items not being loaded a time will be given on the last item loaded by the competitor. In the event of any competitor failing to lift all items a time is given on his last item loaded. Fastest time wins. Items: tree stump 95kg, wagon wheel 100kg, sandbag 117kgs & keg 125kg (these items are subject to change)
Course: 5 metres

5. Truck pull (This is now the last event and is a 20 tonne truck)
The athlete will wear a harness and upon the referee’s command pull a 20 tonne truck over a 25metre course. The front of the truck must cross the finishing line to stop the clock. The competitor with the fastest time wins
Weight: 20 tonne
Course 25 metres
Time limit 90 seconds

May the strongest man win> Bob Dalish
» Do Your Family And Or Friends Come To Your Comps ? (Go to post)05-09-2009 @ 09:06 
Yeah, it helps me to be honest and gives you an added incentive to push it.

My Wife always comes along and enjoys the show as well as doing the video and photos. My brother and Mother come along when they can too.

I am really lucky as my friends outside the sport enjoy it too, so I get a good mix of them at most shows; even in the pissing rain!

BT
» North East's Strongest Man (Go to post)02-09-2009 @ 19:41 
Hehehe,

Yep they changed and look alot like our show from Sunday! Big difference with the cross though and the press is heavier. My bet is the loading will change and be heavier or have more items.

Was looking forward to the deadlift to be honest, but these events kind of suit me, apart from the cross and the medley!

Good luck to all involved, should be a good show.

BT
» North East's Strongest Man (Go to post)02-09-2009 @ 07:40 
Events: North East Strongest man 2009

Venue: The Green, Billingham

Date: Sunday 13 September 2009

Start time: 1pm

1. Truck pull

The athlete will wear a harness and upon the referee’s command pull a 11.5/18 tonne truck over a 25metre course. The front of the truck must cross the finishing line to stop the clock. The competitor with the fastest time wins

Weight: tonne

Course 25 metres

Time limit 90 seconds

2: Over head (press) medley

The athlete will start in a standing position in front of the first item, a beer keg. Upon the referee’s command, the athlete will begin lifting the keg. The athlete will press the keg above his head until the elbows are locked (this will be done on each of the four items in the medley). Each of the four items must be held in this position until the referee acknowledges the lift as a GOOD LIFT. Than the athlete must lower the equipment in a control manner to the floor. Before moving onto the next item to be lifted. A time will be taken on each item when the referee says GOOD LIFT. The athlete with the fastest time for all four items wins, or the fastest time taken on each item.

Items & weight. Keg 90kg, Log 110kg, Axle 120kg & pendulum press 130kg

Time limit: 75 seconds

3: Flip

Each competitor must flip a tyre 15 meters the time will stop when the competitor completes the flips the whole of the tyre over the finishing line. The fastest time wins. If course not competed, the number of flips a competitor completes. (In the event of two competitors of the same number of flips the points will be shaved.).

Course: 15 metres

4. Cross walk

Each competitor must lift the Elite Cross (210 kilo’s) from a stand and carry the cross down a 25 metre course. The competitor must cross each finishing line with both feet, before he can continue back down the course. The competitor who carries the cross for the longest distance wins

Time limit: none

Weight: 210kgs

5. Loading

4 items are to be loaded in ascending order, onto the platform in the upright position, in the fastest time possible. Times will be taken when each item is placed onto the platform. Competitors who successfully lift all 4 items will be scored according to time. Items falling off the sides, back or front of the platform must be replaced by the competitor before continuing onto the next item. In the event of all 4 items not being loaded a time will be given on the last item loaded by the competitor. In the event of any competitor failing to lift all items a time is given on his last item loaded. Fastest time wins. Items: tree stump 95kg, sand bag 100kg, wagon wheel 100kg & keg 105kg (these items are subject to change)

Course: 5 metres

athletes:

Dave McAneney (champion)

Mark Lawson

Scott Heaton

Gary Garnder

Mick Ashurst

Tom Shaw

Bob Round

Steve Roll

Lee Bowers

Steve Bracewell

Tom Scarth
» Barnard Castle (Go to post)30-08-2009 @ 19:48 
1st Tom Scarth
2nd Tom Shaw
3rd Owain Scott
4th Glen Bailey
» Barnard Castle (Go to post)30-08-2009 @ 19:36 
Was a good day, a well run comp and the weather just held out! Happy overall, but a bit of a poor keg hold cost me the comp. 2nd overall; lost out by 1 point. Won 3 events and got a PB in the overhead, so positve progression since May.

Good to meet some new lads and also to catch up with Joni, Tony and Milsy.

BT
» SSM2 official thread (Go to post)26-08-2009 @ 14:17 
Tony,

I may be up for this; I will try to talk to you about it at Barnie on Sunday if thats ok mate?

BT
» Training alone (Go to post)24-08-2009 @ 13:36 
I do my gym sessions by my self; my time!!! Almost always done gym stuff by myself; I also have my own Oly weights and power rack, so I train straight from work and don't have to wait around, getting tired waiting to start. But my events are with the boys which for me is a must.

BT
» North East Strongest Man (Go to post)19-08-2009 @ 17:50 
Mick.....hope your ok haven't seen you for a while!

Steve; it will be only my 4th contest by then and I know I will get whipped! Just experience and good to compere yourself to the like of Dave Mac, Gary Gardener, Mark Lawson, et al.

BT
» North East Strongest Man (Go to post)18-08-2009 @ 17:40 
Forgot to say, I am doing this comp for experience more than anything else. I am under no illusions about how I will do!

BT
» North East Strongest Man (Go to post)18-08-2009 @ 17:36 
I am 6ft 5" and around the 22 to 23 stone mark. Whilst we are at it: been training strongman for a year and a half. Done 2 comps so far and came 3rd then 2nd.

Met/know Joni, Tony and Will. Maybe others but I am s**t with names, etc! Hehe.

BT
» North East Strongest Man (Go to post)18-08-2009 @ 17:25 
The only tip I can give is respect it but don't be afraid of it. Also some advice I was given by Dave Mac is don't use a stiff belt, just a neoprene as it will imbed the stiff one and its buckle in your midsection! Some of the best in the country have done under 30m with it, so it is a serious lump of metal. I am not looking forward to it either!

BT
» Elite Strongman Promotions Statement (Go to post)18-08-2009 @ 17:22 
Elite Strongman Promotions

To whom it my concern

In view of recent events and also some personal differences, Elite Strongman Promotions are hereby separating all affiliations with Big G promotions, the UK Strength Council and the UK strongest man competition. I would like to thank athletes and promoters in Wales, Scotland and officials of the council for the past six years.

Elite Strongman promotions will continue to promote the sport of strongman with the running of our longstanding England’s strongest man final, Venue and date confirmed for 2010, the qualifiers North, Midlands and Southern. Hopefully we will be in talks to take the top athletes from this competition to further more profile events at home and maybe abroad. Elite Strongman Promotions will still be running several novice and open events along with our NEW under 90 kilo class competitions which in its first year was very successful.

I hope we will continue to receive the great athlete support we have always experienced now that we are an independent group, that just want to run top quality competitions/shows.

Regards

Bob Daglish

Elite strongman Promotions

Contact details: E-mail: elitestrongman@fsmail.net
» North East Strongest Man (Go to post)17-08-2009 @ 13:22 
Post Edited: 17.08.2009 @ 13:24 PM by BigT
It is a 210kg (approx) cross which has to be picked up and carried as far as possible, which generally is not that far! It should be called Cross Walk not work which was a typo. It is brutal.

Bob hasn't decided on the weights for all the events, and the events listed may change. I will post them up when I get them.

T

12345678910 ... ... 8990919293949596979899

You are here: HomeForumBigT → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions