REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 352 guests
You are here: HomeForumBigT → View All Posts

View All Posts: BigT

12345678910 ... ... 8990919293949596979899

» Lancashire 'Strongman Champions' Sun 21st Feb 11-3pm (Go to post)22-02-2010 @ 15:26 
Joni said:T - WTF! 3rd place - thats awesome mate Cool

Cheers mate. Belive me, no one is more suprised than me. I put 120% into every event and I am f**ked today, but I didn't expect 3rd. Very happy, if not a tad nervous now about the NEC show!
» Lancashire 'Strongman Champions' Sun 21st Feb 11-3pm (Go to post)22-02-2010 @ 10:06 
Here is my take on the day:

First off, what a great contest. Really enjoyed meeting some great new (to me) guys and the crowd was AWESOME! Well run and organised show. Well done to Denny and Mark and the crew. Big thanks to Ken for keeping us right on who was up next. Really glad we didn't turn round and give up trying to get there in the snow, although passing cars on their roof or stuffed into trees did give me pause to think if it was worth the risk; it was!

I was very impressed with some of the performances. Jack continues to improve at a pace, his overhead especially. Colin Jones, who I was lucky enough to go head to head with twice, was great. He pushed me hard, beating me in the sandbags and getting a huge roar from the crowd. Got you back on the stones mate, just! Wayne Smith, a new lad who was on fire in the first event, but had bad luck on the last two, really impressed me. Hope you get somewhere to train events with other folk soon mate A lot of positives to take from your performance mate.

Great to meet up with the guys I already knew too, as well as testing myself against the big lads. Strangely, I really enjoyed brutalising myself on the deadlift against Dean. Tried to keep the same rhythm as him, which is probably why I was seeing stars at the end!

I was stunned with my 3rd place finish. Had not been really following the scores as I was too busy talking with the great bunch of lads I had the pleasure of meeting and competing against. I must have looked like a total plum going up for 3rd, as I genuinely thought they had missed my name out! Doh!

Really happy with how it went, still a bit stunned, quite sore and tired. Thanks again to everyone involved.

Tom
» Lancashire 'Strongman Champions' Sun 21st Feb 11-3pm (Go to post)19-02-2010 @ 11:09 
Good luck to everyone and see you there.
» Elite Strongman update/info (Go to post)17-02-2010 @ 17:25 
Post Edited: 17.02.2010 @ 17:36 PM by BigT
There are now Appplication forms on the site which you can cut and paste. There is also updates on events and cost, etc. Here are the links for the Midland's and North ESM qualifiers and the B/Castle May comp:

North: http://www.muscleexchange.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=374&a...

Midlands: http://www.muscleexchange.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=408

B/Castle, May: http://www.muscleexchange.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=376
» who is doing barnard castle comp may 31st? (Go to post)15-02-2010 @ 17:28 
Barnard Castle is a town off the A66. It is kind of near Scotch Corner, for want of a better well known location! It is in County Durham.
» Sugden Welcomes Myprotein (Go to post)15-02-2010 @ 16:26 
I use and them and will continue to use them, great company and they support Strongman, which just makes them even better!
» Barnard Castle Strongman - May (Go to post)15-02-2010 @ 16:13 
Updates on confirmed athletes:

http://www.muscleexchange.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=376&a... bc
» U90KG Northern Qualifier (Go to post)15-02-2010 @ 16:11 
Updates on confirmed athletes:

http://www.muscleexchange.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=375
» Cheap Oly plates (Go to post)15-02-2010 @ 15:29 
If you haven't got enough stress and s**t going on in your life I whole heartedly recommend them! Hehe!
» Lancashire 'Strongman Champions' Sun 21st Feb 11-3pm (Go to post)15-02-2010 @ 15:18 
Post Edited: 15.02.2010 @ 15:19 PM by BigT
JC said:All the excuses are coming out now!!

It is, what it is, on the day!

Go out, do your best. If its not good enough, you know were you have to be. Its as simple as that

Hehe! Not excuses, I will still be there and looking forward to it. Toe ain't broken thank christ, but is torn to f**k (popped when I crunched it) and is sore, but nowt some ibuprofen on the day won't mask! Lots of rest and food this week should see everything getting better.
» Cheap Oly plates (Go to post)15-02-2010 @ 15:15 
Dont f**king buy them from Powerhouse "f**king useless t**ts" fitness! Took over a month for me to get mine after they lost them once, couldn't find half of the order the second time it got sent out and have f**k all customer service.
» who is doing barnard castle comp may 31st? (Go to post)15-02-2010 @ 15:13 
I was thinking of doing this one, should be good.
» Midland's Strongest Man 2010 (Go to post)15-02-2010 @ 11:47 
Hi All

For the third year running Elite Strongman Promotions are running the 2010 Midlands Strongest man at the

Leighton Buzzard Mayday Fayre

on

Monday 3rd May

Events

Harness and Rope Truckpull 25m course

Head to Head Log Press from chest, max reps in 75 sec: 140k

Head to Head Farmers 140k 50m

Head to Head 2 inch Axel Deadlift 340k max reps in 75k sec

Hercules hold

Head to Head stones, 100 - 190k

If you would like an application form, or any further info, please email me at bigdavemeer@yahoo.co.uk
» Elite Strongman update/info (Go to post)15-02-2010 @ 11:41 
Due to the high demand for places at both under 90kg north qualifier and Barnard Castle May strongman events, athletes need to return entry forms and fees, ASAP.

Some people have ask me why I have started the entry fee, this is due to the rise in cost of transport, fuel, t-shirts and trophies. As anyone will know times are hard and I can not keep funding competitions/events out of my own pocket.

Bob Daglish Elite Strongman promotions.
» Lancashire 'Strongman Champions' Sun 21st Feb 11-3pm (Go to post)14-02-2010 @ 18:08 
Ive been really looking forward to this comp, and have got really nervous about it. Had a s**t run up to it though. Found out my arches are collapsing, so thats affecting performance, pulled/strained something in my foream/bicep and today I may have broken my toe catching it on the door frame! Hopefully nowt else will go wrong!

12345678910 ... ... 8990919293949596979899

You are here: HomeForumBigT → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions