REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 176 guests
You are here: HomeForumZMA_junkie → View All Posts

View All Posts: ZMA_junkie

» Misha squats (Go to post)16-02-2014 @ 10:55 
I hear Misha watches and uploads videos of Hixxy
» 2014 Goals (Go to post)14-02-2014 @ 19:05 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Why is ZMA allowed to display a bare arse but Jack wasn't? The many mysteries of Sugden.

Because i'm sleeping with one of the sugden moderators
» 2014 Goals (Go to post)14-02-2014 @ 13:54 
260kg Squat
190kg Bench
300kg Deadlift
140kg Log
Thigh Gap 3"

Bodyweight - less than Colin Arthur's
» Health ? (Go to post)10-02-2014 @ 06:30 
littledumbell said:ZMA...very interesting pic. Maybe the ailments will subside if you stop straining your p****.Grin

Grin On the contrary littledumbell - this is one of the exercises my chiropractor gave me which has healed my body! Wink
» Health ? (Go to post)10-02-2014 @ 01:30 
brownbear said:
Don't expect someone who's trained to deal with general practice of medicine to have the same knowledge about literally one problem whereas other professionals have been doing only that ONE thing for their whole careers

I went to the GP with a persistent headache, left with painkillers, months later had blood tests - nothing, a couple of months after that I got prescribed the SSRI antidepressant citalopram. Didn’t work! Went for one session with a chiropractor who worked on my jaw and neck… No more headaches.

Throbbing hematoma in hand… “Come back in a month if it’s not better”… Got a syringe off the quack and did it myself for instant relief as he refused.

Nose bleed for 6 days off and on. The doc wouldn't let me remove my jumper for the blood pressure test but instead insisted on pulling the sleeve of my jumper over my guns ruining it even though I told them my blood pressure was fine (I check it every couple of weeks with an automatic one I have at the house). The doctor refused to look up my nose never mind cauterize the surface blood vessel in my right nostril that causes all the problems. Instead he gave me ointment to put on the outside of my nostril as it “might be dry”. Had to order my own silver nitrate sticks to have it done by someone else.

There are my last three visits to the doctor. All of which were pointless. I've had good advice from my chiropractor on allergies, medicine, supplements, diet training, posture, exercise etc. Never mind his vast musculoskeletal knowledge and hands on approach he uses. The “General Practitioner” for me has been my chiropractor whose services are not covered by the NHS
» Health ? (Go to post)06-02-2014 @ 09:53 
Most doctors I know have absolutely no idea about nutrition and diet but know the BNF like the back of their hands. I can’t say I’ve had many positive experiences from going to A&E or the GP. They mostly do nothing so I intervene or prescribe something for the symptoms rather than the cause.

These days I do most of my research online if I have an ailment or go to the advanced Chiropractor if it’s a musculoskeletal problem.
» Blue Light Novice Strongman Competition 2014 (Go to post)27-01-2014 @ 17:05 
Can you put me down for the comp

Solbjorn Einarsson
Shetland islands
» Decent gym in Aberdeen? (Go to post)10-01-2014 @ 14:59 
Just what I’m after! Thanks!
» Decent gym in Aberdeen? (Go to post)10-01-2014 @ 11:00 
I’m from Shetland and my girlfriend lives in Aberdeen. I’m looking for a decent gym to train in when I go down to visit her. I would only be using it for a couple of sessions a month max and I don’t want to have to take out a subscription for that reason but beggars can’t be choosers!

Strongman equipment would be preferable too.
» Deadlifting help please? - warning, very long post. (Go to post)30-12-2013 @ 15:14 
Sawyers said:Cliffs
- My Deadlift is weak.
- Lower back rounding.
- I think it's weak hamstrings, if so, how can I fix?
- Why is my sumo so much stronger then conventional?
- It's improved only 20kg whilst I weigh 10kg more now.
- Thankyou to anyone who replies!

The sumo is allowing you to keep you back more upright (which must be your weak point). It uses more quads, inner hamstrings and possibly more traps too. Conventional deadlift uses more glutes, outer hamstrings and back.

Depending on your bio mechanics, you might be a better sumo deadlifter (like ed coan and dan green) vs Andy Bolton/ B.Magnusson for convectional.

Take the weight back down and focus on form then build speed into the equation. Make sure you're doing your assistance exercises. Heavy squats will help too (presuming you can keep your back strait for them)

Try the Coan/phillipi deadlift routine and aim to add 20kg to your max.

http://tsampa.org/training/scripts/coan_phillipi_deadlift/

Through the 'Texas Method' and the coan Phillipi routine i added over 35kg to my deadlift in 7 months (225-260.5)
» Neil's Journal (Go to post)23-12-2013 @ 15:24 
200 front squat is insane! Eek

When are you in next? I need some help with front squat technique, lack of flexibility may be the problem though.

You are here: HomeForumZMA_junkie → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions