REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 197 guests
You are here: HomeForumrichn → View All Posts

View All Posts: richn

» Routine Critique please (Go to post)09-11-2013 @ 18:47 
Thanks for all the replies, I think I have an idea now so I will run with it and see how it goes and adjust where appropriate. Roll on tomorrow!
» Fireman (Go to post)09-11-2013 @ 18:29 
I would of loved to be a fireman, great job but very risky. the feeling of helping people would outweigh the wages and risk for me although the wages aren't all that bad.
» Flying Push-Up Records (Go to post)09-11-2013 @ 18:23 
that's cool don't think I could do one box never mind that many.
» Routine Critique please (Go to post)09-11-2013 @ 12:33 
Seems like its horses for courses with the assistant lifts
» Routine Critique please (Go to post)09-11-2013 @ 12:31 
Thanks for all the replies. I will give this a go and see how I get on. I will switch the pushdowns with dips as to be honest dips are my weak point so I would need to work on them.

any idea of a suitable rep range and sets for the assistant lifts?

Thanks again
» Routine Critique please (Go to post)09-11-2013 @ 11:43 
How does this look do you think its suited to strongman not sure on rep range for the ones I havent put the set/reps next to

Sat - OH press 5x3
Cleans
Dbell bench
Tricep pushdown

Sun - Deadlifts 3x3
Barbell Rows
Lat Pulldown
Good Mornings
Hammer curls

Tue - Squats 5x5
Zercher Squat 3x5
Romanian Deadlift
Abs
» Routine Critique please (Go to post)09-11-2013 @ 11:00 
If I was to do say
Sat - oh press 3x3
Sun - deadlifts 3x3
Tue - squats 3x3

what would you think would supplement them days to go with each of them compounds?
» Routine Critique please (Go to post)09-11-2013 @ 10:56 
stephen9069 said:Im not the best to critique your routine as my routine aint always the best but out of curiosity why bench twice a week and I think you need a little more overhead work especially for strong man.

What about squatting and deadlifting on the same day iv seen a few people do that

I was looking at a few routines and notice some bench and squat twice a week so I was thinking maybe that would push my numbers up but maybe just one hard session is all I need for them instead of doing too much
» Routine Critique please (Go to post)09-11-2013 @ 10:34 
Post Edited: 09.11.2013 @ 10:49 AM by richn
Il have a re think on it, im trying to get away from bodybuilding routines I want to aim more for strongman/powerlifting il look over it again when I get home

i will have a read through your journal mate thanks
» random disclosure thread (Go to post)09-11-2013 @ 09:03 
JamieG said:I live in an apartment and we have never had to put the heating on because everyone around us does and warms ours!

like a boss!
» Routine Critique please (Go to post)09-11-2013 @ 08:51 
just wondering if you guys can have a quick look at my routine and critique it im aiming to do bench/squats twice a week im doing it over sat/sun/tue as that's when best suits me due to work. Im aiming for Strength im not sure if ive put too much volume in there or not.

please take a look and let me know what you think or would change then im going to create a journal and see how it goes.

Thanks in advance

with the squat/bench/dead/oh press im looking to start with 80% of my 1 rep max

SAT
SQUAT 3X5
BENCH 3X5
OH PRESS 3X5
CLOSE GRIP BENCH 3X8
TRICEP PUSHDOWN 3X10

SUN
DEADLIFT 3X5
BARBELL ROWS 3X6-8
LAT PULL DOWN 3X8
HYPER EXTENSIONS 2X10
HAMMER CURLS 3X10

TUE
BENCH 3X5
SQUAT 3X5
PAUSE SQUAT 3X3
SLDL 3X8
ABS
» Extended Russian Routine - Advice Please (Go to post)08-11-2013 @ 08:05 
has any of you guys got any experience of trying this routine and how did it work out for you? did you run it back to back or do the 9 weeks then move onto something different?

Did you supplement the routine with some assistance work?

its set out as MON BENCH/SQUAT - WED DEADLIFT - FRI SQUAT/BENCH

I am wondering if on Monday because its heavier bench and lighter squat would you add an extra couple of exercises to the chest/shoulders. Wednesday add some back exercises and Friday add some extra legs exercises?

any help is appreciated Happy
» Mapped out routines slow your progress? (Go to post)07-11-2013 @ 14:03 
JC said:
5/3/1 you dont stop at, for example, a set of 5 at 70% do you?
You can do 10 on your last set at 70% if its in the tank
What you're talking about doesnt really apply to 5/3/1 as you can work as hard as you choose to on that fixed percentage program

Its not my opinion as I dont agree with it as I believe in having a plan set. I was just seeing what you guys thought about it? If you rep out 10 instead of 5 on 70% on your last set how would that effect the next workout would you recalculate your percentages and increase the weight or go back to what you should have lifted in the first place?

Thanks for the replies
» Mapped out routines slow your progress? (Go to post)07-11-2013 @ 09:01 
I was watching a video of Elliott Hulse on youtube last night and in his video he was saying he believes a set routine with percentages can actually slow your progress, he believes that you should go all out and not stick to the percentage set as that could be below what you actually could do on that given day which slows your progress. So if on that day your feeling good go for more if your feeling tired cut back a little etc.

whats your opinions on this?

do you think its best to have a routine set with percentages? or have the principles of lets say a 5/3/1 routine but go on how you feel?
» How to wrap knees? (Go to post)31-10-2013 @ 21:11 
holy s**t, was practicing with my 2.5m thors last night and thought they was tight cant imagine what that feels like.

You are here: HomeForumrichn → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions