Who's Online - 0 members and 298 guests
You are here: HomeForumRobbo → View All Posts

View All Posts: Robbo

12345678910 ... ... 726727728729730731732733734735736

» 180 and 200kg stones (Go to post)19-03-2009 @ 15:26 
I said:
buzz said:
Robbo said:
hi mate.im desperate for a 120 and 140 stone aswell.but im in leeds.just thought id mention it if its possible to join in on the order?

Probably easiest to contact the stoneman yourself man. Me and Stephen are both up in Scotia, so getting delivered to one of us is feasible, but unless you wanted to come and pick them up from here, I'd assume it's easier to nail them as separate orders.

where you getting them delivered to mate?i could pick them up if it aint too far

just read that post and relised your in scotland.ill PM him mate.cheers (should read posts properly)
» 180 and 200kg stones (Go to post)19-03-2009 @ 15:10 
buzz said:
Robbo said:
hi mate.im desperate for a 120 and 140 stone aswell.but im in leeds.just thought id mention it if its possible to join in on the order?

Probably easiest to contact the stoneman yourself man. Me and Stephen are both up in Scotia, so getting delivered to one of us is feasible, but unless you wanted to come and pick them up from here, I'd assume it's easier to nail them as separate orders.

where you getting them delivered to mate?i could pick them up if it aint too far
» 180 and 200kg stones (Go to post)19-03-2009 @ 15:00 
buzz said:
stephen said:
I might be interested in a group order...just let me know how much stones&delivery cost before I commit myself.

Wink

Good stuff. What weights are you after?

New toys = fun Happy

» Northern Qualifier Live Results & Photos Thread (Go to post)19-03-2009 @ 14:20 
JC said:
Carl said:
seems to me that york accually is?? Wink

Yeah, but York is gay!! And, isn't York a city?

York is a city and is fairly gay but also a strong city!
» Northern Qualifier Live Results & Photos Thread (Go to post)17-03-2009 @ 14:33 
Sparrow said:
Robbo I've done the full length dive myself in training with the trying to go too fast. Don't worry about it, just make sure you don't do it again in a comp!

Cheers mate.glad im not the only one whos done it although id prefer to do it in training!lol

Not doing another comp until i get the hang of that bas***d yoke
» Sparrow Legs Strongman Training (Go to post)16-03-2009 @ 18:19 
Hi mate.congatulations on the qualifying spot and a well deserved fourth place.
Was good to watch you guys compete and do so well.

im going to get myelf a 10'' or 12'' log to train with and just wondered if you knew of anywhere to get a decent one from. (that doesnt cost the earth)!
Seen one on internet but it said handle spacings were 24'' apart which i thort were a bit wide compared to the one used on sunday??

Any help would be much appreciated as im trying to get all my own equipment together

Cheers
» Northern Qualifier Live Results & Photos Thread (Go to post)16-03-2009 @ 17:05 
JC said:
Robbo said:
cheers for a great comp ben.had a great day.All ran really well.
Enjoyed competing against all you beasts even though i had a nightmare.
Cheers for the advise and tips lads

Was good to mett you mate. Ballsy performance on yoke, given it was your first attempt. Plus, a bad back, never goin to help matters on yoke

Sure your farmers would have been quick but for a few errors. Solid deadlifting too

Just rushed the farmers mate and went too fast and ended up looking like an idiot!

deadlift - happy with 10 as i have not deadlifted for 6 weeks due to back probs

Yoke - impossible. Was very impressed with anyone who can do it!dont think i will ever get the hang of it!

Log - Gutted with 2.first time with larger diameter log and couldnt get air in the lungs when it was on the chest!

Stones - felt light and easy, just need to be a bit fitter and faster but happy with 8

All in all, was a big learning curve and a great experience.very different with a crowd watching.back to training now as have a lot to work on!
» Northern Qualifier Live Results & Photos Thread (Go to post)16-03-2009 @ 15:37 
cheers for a great comp ben.had a great day.All ran really well.
Enjoyed competing against all you beasts even though i had a nightmare.
Cheers for the advise and tips lads
» Under 90kg North of England's Strongest Man (Go to post)12-03-2009 @ 17:19 
markc said:
i might give it ago,need 2 lose half a stone,shunt b a prob.

You will absolutely piss it mate! Wink
» U105kg Northern Qualifier (Go to post)11-03-2009 @ 16:23 
JC said:
Robbo said:
JC said:
Painkiller up mate and you will be fine. I will have some diclofeniac anti-inflam/painkiller, so introduce yourself early on and I will see you right Grin

Cheers mate.appreciate it.im getting there at 9 so i can get weighed in. 107 bang on at moment so hope to drop a couple of kg overnight!
Hows ur preperation with the weight? you down to 105kg yet?

Na mate, about 106.5. I too will be loseing a few kg overnight, weigh in early and put it all back on before the start Grin

Best way mate.cram loads of food in straight after the weigh in i guess.shame the weigh in wasnt 24hrs before the comp.could have really got some weight back on!
» U105kg Northern Qualifier (Go to post)11-03-2009 @ 15:42 
JC said:
Painkiller up mate and you will be fine. I will have some diclofeniac anti-inflam/painkiller, so introduce yourself early on and I will see you right Grin

Cheers mate.appreciate it.im getting there at 9 so i can get weighed in. 107 bang on at moment so hope to drop a couple of kg overnight!
Hows ur preperation with the weight? you down to 105kg yet?
» U105kg Northern Qualifier (Go to post)10-03-2009 @ 17:06 
Ben_F said:
Back up to twenty entries. How did the deadlifts go Robbo? Are you still in mate?

Mark Copley
James Robson
Jamie Allonby
Jonny Mills
Pete Seddon
Andrew Withers
Chris Ward
Paul West
Mark Clegg
James Clayton
James Hogben
Chris Baker
Adam Travis
Stuart Hayes
Matt Taylor
Danny Fieldhouse
Damian Demczuk
Joseph Gorton
Phil Boyham
Philip Rogerson
(Guy Oldfield - withdrawn)
(Joe Hubble - withdrawn)

Yeah still in mate.did some light deads and they wernt too bad.still guna struggle but just going to get stuck in!looking forward too it although s**tting em slightly!
» U105kg Northern Qualifier (Go to post)07-03-2009 @ 19:23 
hi joni.i havnt deadlifted for 5weeks because i inured it deadlifting so was just going to try some light deads on monday to see how it felt. gutted really because it was one of my best events.
seems like a few of us are having rotten luck.just didnt want to do any lasting damage.
As for the farmers. . . the pressure is on now to do well although as you already know, 1 farmers is totally different from another!might just go to have a go on the farmers!
» U105kg Northern Qualifier (Go to post)07-03-2009 @ 14:34 
Really sad to hear that mate. hope all is getting better for you. keep me updated on your progress. think im out too. just guna deadlift monday and see what happens but fearing the worst. u got any idea of when you may be back?
» U105kg Northern Qualifier (Go to post)05-03-2009 @ 16:44 
GUTTED FOR YOU MATE.theres nowt worse is there.Get your meds down yor neck and double the dosage! My back is no better so i dont know whether to go and pass on the deadlift or just not bother??
dont think i could go and just watch as the dissapointment would be too much.
if we are both out we will have to work extra hard for next year because i am hell bent on doing well at this stronman lark (one day)!

12345678910 ... ... 726727728729730731732733734735736

You are here: HomeForumRobbo → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions