REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 190 guests
You are here: HomeForumRamsay777 → View All Posts

View All Posts: Ramsay777

12345678910 ... ... 6465666768697071727374

» Explosions at the Boston marathon (Go to post)17-04-2013 @ 14:34 
Anyone for some Law Abiding Citizen?

» Tom's training log... (Go to post)17-04-2013 @ 13:46 
Loved that casual deadlift at the end, looked effortless. Squats are looking great too.
» 140kg bench press for 19 reps end workout rep out with slingshot (Go to post)17-04-2013 @ 13:23 
Wow that looked brutal, I'm gonna have to get me one of those. Well, a slingshot or a ram. Good effort, man.
» Explosions at the Boston marathon (Go to post)17-04-2013 @ 12:49 
slimsim said:
The person who has been killed by lethal injection is your dad/brother/child/mother......

Luke did state; "There may be example of people being put to death and later found innocent but this becomes extremely unlikely as detection methods improve and our judicial system becomes more effective."

I agree with him. I think in cases where it is 100% absolute who the perpetrator is (CCTV footage, multiple witnesses, a confession even), then capital punishment can and in my opinion should be an option.

Chaos' story about the man who could have his spinal cord severed as punishment for paralysing another man; I know that if one of my family members was in the victim's position, then it's the only punishment that I personally would see fit. Rather than the UK's answer of putting them in a cushy jail for a few of years only to be let out early for "good behaviour".
» Explosions at the Boston marathon (Go to post)17-04-2013 @ 00:31 
I like what you're saying there Marc, and I was unaware of the fact that capital punishment doesn't serve as much of a deterrent. I'm quite surprised actually.

The "taking dangerous people out of society", is great. However, in my opinion, a lot of offenders are not kept out of society for long enough.

Could anyone enlighten me as to why we often hear about criminals not serving a full sentence?
» Ramsay's road to and from inguinal hernia surgery... (Go to post)17-04-2013 @ 00:20 
JackRevans said:I hope you recover nice and swiftly Happy and then become stronger ofcourse

Thank you brother, we'll see where this year takes me. Hopefully come back as a competitive 105kg next year Happy
» Ramsay's road to and from inguinal hernia surgery... (Go to post)16-04-2013 @ 20:03 
Stopped updating this as wasn't I really doing anything of any real interest.

Managed to hit a 120kg BTN p/press and finally got my deadlift over 500lbs before my op; those were two goals that I had.

Well it'll be two weeks tomorrow since my operation and I'm still pretty tender around the area. Walking's okay if it's not too far, I feel every god damn bump in the road when I'm driving, and it's pretty sore to get in and out of bed. However, I sneezed today and it didn't nearly kill me like it did last week! So I'm definitely on the mend. Got a bonny 3" scar in the middle of my pubes now Grin

Signed off work for another 3 weeks so I can't see me training before then, I do plan to get in to the gym next week to do some light stuff on the cross trainer - I'm hoping that getting lots of blood around the area will speed up the healing process.

No idea when I'll be able to train heavy, I suspect I'll be doing heavy upper body long before I start squatting and deadlifting again but time will tell.

I'll be back.
» Explosions at the Boston marathon (Go to post)16-04-2013 @ 19:10 
Some ignorance; if anyone would like some rage to channel into a PB tonight...

http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/post/48093470152/two-explosive...

I think I lost half of my brain cells just reading some of those posts.
» Explosions at the Boston marathon (Go to post)16-04-2013 @ 17:32 
Post Edited: 16.04.2013 @ 17:33 PM by Ramsay777
It's not that American life is valued more than life in Iraq (for me anyway) but i think more the shock that something like that has happened in these circumstances in America, when it's sadly "normal" to hear news of bombings and attacks in Iraq, Syria, etc; it's pretty much expected and thus accepted a lot easier.
» Explosions at the Boston marathon (Go to post)16-04-2013 @ 17:07 
davycummings said:
You should make no apology. Too often are the guilty treated with more rights and respect than the victims

This.

Too often are we seeing rapists and murderers on our own soil getting better treatment than their victims, it's sickening, the british "justice" system is a f**king joke but that's a different matter altogether.

Disgusting that anyone could carry out such an attack, so many people do these things for great causes.
» EVENT ADVICE (Go to post)16-04-2013 @ 16:48 
I second the point on the truck pull, if you have a rope, start it off with a mini squat and massive row with you arms and upper back. Keep as low as you can and keep your feet moving, as you gather speed it may be an idea to chuck the rope as it's very hard to keep your hands in sync and there's a damn good chance you could trip over the rope.
» 170kg Front Squat x6 (Go to post)16-04-2013 @ 16:06 
Thanks for the reply man, that's maybe what i'll do when i can get back to training; do a few sets several times a week with 60kg and see if my wrists get better.
» 170kg Front Squat x6 (Go to post)15-04-2013 @ 23:43 
Very nice front squats, man. Have you always been able to do a clean grip or did you have to develope it? I find anything over 100kg hurts my wrists a lot. I've read to just keep doing it and it will get easier with time, is that was you would advise yourself?
» Another belter from Clarence! (Go to post)15-04-2013 @ 23:32 
Post Edited: 16.04.2013 @ 00:00 AM by Ramsay777
On reading the title, I honestly came in to answer "Bench press". Looks like he's good for more too.

Also lol'd at the dude that commented "You shouldn't bring the bar all the way down to your chest, it's bad for your knees", he always gets that s**t on his squat videos.
» 185 bench at 91 (Go to post)15-04-2013 @ 19:32 
Mirin like hell. That's a great raw bench at any BW, never mind at 91kg, awesome.

12345678910 ... ... 6465666768697071727374

You are here: HomeForumRamsay777 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions