REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 234 guests
You are here: HomeForummickashurst → View All Posts

View All Posts: mickashurst

12345678910 ... ... 100101102103104105106107108109110

» New Year, New Thread Same Old Shit (Go to post)05-12-2010 @ 18:48 
Your training seems to be moving well now despite your back issues mate. Squats and fronties looked strong and the benching looked very easy for you. The strict overhead presses looked strong as f**k!
I do hope you get your back sorted mate. At least you have got the ball rolling now.
Thanks for the advice also. I've ordered an inversion table on the advice of Pascal, going to give that a try for a few weeks and if that fails I'll definately swallow my pride and lay it on thick at the docs.
Druggies and piss heads get looked after on the NHS so why shouldn't we.
Take Care and I hope the weather improves rapidly for you up there in Shetland!!
See you soon.
Mick.
» Jack Mcintosh 400kg deadlift PB (Go to post)27-11-2010 @ 23:19 
Just seen this! Frighteningly easy! Monster!!!!
» Life is like a box of Chocolates (Go to post)27-10-2010 @ 19:50 
That 260 squat looked eeeeasy! Like I said last night, 280 was a whisker away. Massive improvement in the last couple of years mate.
I know this sounds like me being critical, but I still reckon you could shift lots more wt if you leant forward a touch. I think your upright style is great but I suspect you aren't using much of your beastly back and hip strength.
Also it was a pleasure to be back despite not managing to do much!
Thanks for the concern fella's.
My back's become a real f**king nuisance. I'm seriously thinking of going private for an MRI even if just for piece of mind. I thought maybe rest would do it good and generally it does feel slightly better but when 140 squats hurt still, after 6 or 7 weeks rest there's something not right.
» FITTER FASTER STRONGER (Go to post)18-09-2010 @ 19:12 
Cheers fellas. I've left training alone this week. It's just starting to feel like it's improving now. I knew if I'd carried on I would of f**ked it up badly. I know to take notice now. Defo coming from the back though. I felt it shoot round from my back to the groin. Hopefully should be okay to get some more light training in next week, f**king boring but I'll have to do that!
» FITTER FASTER STRONGER (Go to post)14-09-2010 @ 21:41 
richards9876 said:
I trapped a nerve in my neck last night on push press and have looked like a spaz allday. Bearly slept a wink last night it was that painful.
Begs the question why the f**k do we do this to our self?

I hope your neck is ok mate. Neck injuries ain't fun. I bet it is nigh on impossible for you to do a sit up at the moment! I did something to mine a few years back. It was the day before going to Benidorm. I had to roll onto my side to sit up LOL!
I question my sanity sometimes mate. I keep thinking of giving up but never do!
» Life is like a box of Chocolates (Go to post)14-09-2010 @ 21:36 
Strong squatting mate!!
» FITTER FASTER STRONGER (Go to post)14-09-2010 @ 21:35 
Thing said:Hope it's nothing serious mate.

Cheers Neil. I honestly don't think it's owt major. It would be good to find out why this keeps happening though!
» FITTER FASTER STRONGER (Go to post)14-09-2010 @ 21:34 
richards9876 said:s**t news mate - hope its alright in the morning.

Thanks mate. Just a f**king walking disaster!
» New Year, New Thread Same Old Shit (Go to post)14-09-2010 @ 21:33 
Nice session mate. That's a serious amount done in 25 mins!
» FITTER FASTER STRONGER (Go to post)14-09-2010 @ 21:31 
Tonight's quick session!

SQUATS

12 X 60

8 X 100

5 X 140

3 X 180.

Unfortunately had to leave it there. I got a shooting pain going into my left groin, feels like it came from the lower back though then refered round to my groin.
Got home and iced it for 10 mins or so and took a couple of ibruprofen. Going to get ice on again in a minute!
s**t! Hopefully it will go away fairly quickly. Had it before so nothing new.
» Life is like a box of Chocolates (Go to post)13-09-2010 @ 18:49 
Big Well Done mate! Good quality field and you held your own on some events against man mountains!!
» Elite Strongmans Englands Strongest Man Final (Go to post)12-09-2010 @ 18:25 
Well Done mate! Competing against giants!
» Prestons' Strongest Man 2010 (Go to post)12-09-2010 @ 18:22 
Well Done fella's!
» Sparrow Legs Strongman Training (Go to post)12-09-2010 @ 14:02 
Nice session mate. The fact that you attempted the big stone and the 81 kg dumbbell and got close tells me things are heading upwards!!
» FITTER FASTER STRONGER (Go to post)12-09-2010 @ 13:58 
Big_Gray said:
cheers mick, yeah that would be awsome to compete againsy u fully fit. big year for me next year, head down n train hard over the winter, happy so far after 4 months at this tho.
hope the recovery continues to go well for u n will read your progress as it comes up

Like I said mate you looked big and strong and I'll be expecting you to make a big impact next year. A good off-season on the events and you should be well up there!
Had to do a bit of fencing yesterday and my back felt crap TBH, but today it feels ok again!! I'm hoping to build up more stabilty around the joint with core work, ab and lower back stuff before hitting the heavy work again.

12345678910 ... ... 100101102103104105106107108109110

You are here: HomeForummickashurst → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions