REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 315 guests
You are here: HomeForumBear → View All Posts

View All Posts: Bear

» Just saw... (Go to post)10-05-2011 @ 07:47 
Wiegieboard said:I love summer Happy Brings all of the lovely wee scutterbugs out.

and turns me into a stark raving lunatic!
» London's Strongest Man 2011 (Go to post)10-05-2011 @ 07:27 
Gra_Bul said:
hahaha beasted into submission!! now you know how i feel lol I need to flip that f**king 300 more than 4 times now lol

You bulking mate? Seeing some of the 20st+ units we are against, should be fun hahaha
» Just saw... (Go to post)09-05-2011 @ 15:10 
Saw something similar, almost like a thing at the back of her arse...
» London's Strongest Man 2011 (Go to post)09-05-2011 @ 15:07 
Pint said:How many people have you got in the Inters?

I came 2nd at the CHASE comp so its time to move up (gulp). Considering this comp as a good one to start with...On the original thread there are only 2 Intermediates and I dont want to come in the top three or I'll have to move up to the opens LOL!!!

Grin

Get Lee Gates in to compete!
» London's Strongest Man 2011 (Go to post)05-05-2011 @ 20:10 
Bang my training partner down for the novices please

Aaron Hickey
» London's Strongest Man 2011 (Go to post)05-05-2011 @ 14:53 
GATES said:
Well I moaned enough about other people doing it so can't exactly go an do the same. Pluss would feel like I was cheating my self.
Sure you will do well in it mate

INTERS!!!!
» Last Minute Caged Steel Sesh For The Yorkshire Comps! (Go to post)03-05-2011 @ 13:23 
PAGAN said:
Probably should but I can't fancy it!

Veryone of the 105 novicess aid it was the hardest thing they had ever done...

Have fun Grin
» Last Minute Caged Steel Sesh For The Yorkshire Comps! (Go to post)03-05-2011 @ 12:55 
milsy said:Il be down for deck seeing that I have done training what so ever Haha I can see a baptism of fire comin my way Haha

Lookin forward to seein you gurning mate hahaha
» Weighted planks (Go to post)03-05-2011 @ 11:54 
lift one foot off the ground and alternate.

Place elbows on a swiss ball and roll back/fowards

Lift one elbow off the ground and alternate.
» Last Minute Caged Steel Sesh For The Yorkshire Comps! (Go to post)03-05-2011 @ 11:53 
Give that sled a drag!
» Yorkshires Strongest Man 2011 Open and Novice (Go to post)03-05-2011 @ 07:52 
Right heres my write up, bit late, but ive been busy dying Wink

Scott matthews - 105s

1st Event - Medley

Was about 5th in the running order so got to see about 8 people go head to head before my go.
Wasnt pretty viewing, a couple couldnt get the farmers of the floor, the ones that did finish the farmers handled the keg with ease, then went to the drag of doom. Was pretty worrying seeing every competitor who made it to the drag DIE afterwards!
So then it was my go, picked the farmers up and off I went, about 6 metres in my left hand tore and dropped. Had Gates screaming at me, picked them straight back up and crossed the line.
Picked up the barrel and got that over the line, then went for the drag.
Had climbing shoes on, but just couldnt get any grip, the first couple of metres seemed ok, then it dug in and it wasnt pleasant work. Got about half the distance and time was shouted.
Went and collapsed, couldnt move for about 10minutes, quads were shaking uncontrollably, left calf felt torn too!
On talking with everyone else, most agreed that was the hardest thing most had ever done.

2nd Event - Dumbbell

Things went rapidly downhill from here on in. In the gym leading up to this comp I was throwing around our 50kg dumbbell with ease, if anything the comp DB should have been easier as it sat higher on the shoulder.
For whatever reason, more than likely not being recovered from the medley, I was screwed! The one time I managed to get it comfy on the shoulder, I got a rep easily, but that was the one time, for the others it just wouldnt happen.
For anybody competing next week, TRY THE DB OUT FIRST!

3rd Event - Deadlift

Again, in training I was hitting double figures comfortably, here though the first rep felt like 300kg! Managed 6 reps. Dissapointed with this, but its all a learning curve I guess.

4th Event - Yoke

Dont even know where to start on this one! In training I have done 245 over 25 metres pretty quick! Here it was 250 over about 15m and DAMNNN it was hard work.
Out of every event, this was the one where I anticipated doing ok, and it was probably the one where I finished last hahaha.

5th Event - 120 stone

Having only even handled stones once due to the new gym in Leic having H&S problems with its flooring, I was dreading this. Even in training I had only done a 110 for one rep, so I was fearing a no lift.
Managed 2 decent reps, couldve possibly got another 2 but my shirt rolled over the stone as I lifted, will remember that for future!

Overall

Great day, Great bunch of lads in the 105s, learnt a lot about what I need to improve on, mainly event training and endurance/stamina.

Thanks to Graham for a great organised comp, thanks to all the refs for some good egging on when it was needed.

Above all, thanks to Lee gates for letting me kip on his couch the sat night, and thanks to him and Millsy for giving me a tour of the gay bars in Leeds sat night too. Not sure what was more disturbing, my poor yoke, or seeing 50yr old men pole dancing to YMCA...

Good luck to all next week!!!
» Yorkshires Strongest Man 2011 Open and Novice (Go to post)29-04-2011 @ 14:46 
Just dawned on me that I am v Gates in the events and he will have half the bloody crowd cheering for him, whilst im on my tod coming from Leicester...

Best give them nothing to cheer about haha
» Novice? (Go to post)29-04-2011 @ 10:45 
But what is they come top 3 just because the standard isnt that great?

There are multiple factors here, but surely the only way to judge somebodys eligibility is to put some numbers down for them to compare to?
» Yorkshires Strongest Man 2011 Open and Novice (Go to post)29-04-2011 @ 10:05 
GATES said:
Told you scott gonna spike ya when you stay at my house. Talc for chalk.

The yoke is the only event I really have hopes for hahaha, watch me crash and burn now!
» Yorkshires Strongest Man 2011 Open and Novice (Go to post)28-04-2011 @ 20:35 
GATES said:
my thoughts excatly you can have the over head if i can have the yoke haha

No way on earth you are beating me at yoke, im telling you im running with it Wink

You are here: HomeForumBear → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions