REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 99 guests
You are here: HomeForumrobpalmer1 → View All Posts

View All Posts: robpalmer1

» Rob Palmer's Road to 900 (Go to post)13-08-2011 @ 19:30 
Kenny_C said:Just reading through the journal. Seriously strong (not that you need me to say obviously) great read and unlucky with the last comp bench. Hope its redeemed at the next comp.

Cheers mate, last comp was poo! Got the All England next, its about 7-8 weeks away. Don't think Tom's lifting so will have to find someone else to start abusing for that one!!
I'll have a look in your journal mate, is it strongman you do?
» Rob Palmer's Road to 900 (Go to post)13-08-2011 @ 13:15 
Yesterdays Session
Pretty battered from the week but soldiered on lol!
Bench Technique in Loose Shirt 3x2@190
CG Bench 2x3@160
Safety Bar Paused Box Squats 5x3@120 (No Belt)
Trap Bar Deadlift with Straps for Beadle Hand 2x5 @ 220,230 (No Belt)
Machine Row 3x5
OH SA DB Tricep Extension 2x5 EA @22kg
Band Pullaparts 2x12
» Rob Palmer's Road to 900 (Go to post)13-08-2011 @ 13:09 
Steve said:
Have you tried using a thumbless grip on deadlift?

Not yet Steve, I will run with this grip until I feel I can't progress any more then I will begin experimenting again!!
» Rob Palmer's Road to 900 (Go to post)13-08-2011 @ 13:08 
thrower said:Good to see you back in action and looking forward and positive.Your best days as a powerlifter are ahead of you and lets face it has not been too bad so far either.
Cannot wait to see you lift at the Worlds.
Regards and best wishes,
Paul

Cheers Paul, hoping to go well for the end of the year, the start has been average in competitions but I have had the best training year ever! Swings and Roundabouts!
Hoping to cap the year off at the commonwealths, really pleased that its all going ahead now. I know you will put on a great comp.
» Rob Palmer's Road to 900 (Go to post)11-08-2011 @ 22:01 
Todays training

Bench Press in old 42 super katana. Working lockout strength in the shirt again, couldn't do it last cycle due to no spotters.
x1 @ 220,240,250,260 all about 1-2 inches off the chest with some horrific handouts!!

Box Squats against bands (Double Greens=60kg @ Top)
x1@170,200,210 all gravy, and pretty happy will build this.

Reverse Band Deadlift (Greens)
x1@ 270,300 (wasn't the best rep but grip feels good so I'm pretty happy)
» Rob Palmer's Road to 900 (Go to post)10-08-2011 @ 10:25 
Last 2 days training.
Monday
Box Squat (belt only) x1 @ 200,210,220 (unbelievable tekkers!)

Trying a new grip setup because I'm seriously fedup of the bar peeling out of my hand constantly! Now wrapping my whole hand around the bar instead of just my stubby little fingers.
Deadlift from knee height
X1 @ 300,320,350 (grip was fine and that was the heaviest thing I've ever pulled from the rack, gonna stick with the grip)
Sumo Deadlift tekkers 5x1 @ 200kg

No spotters so no bench!

Tuesday
Incline bb press 2x7 @120
Paused box squat speed/tekkers 5x3 @ 145
Db shoulder press x8 @ 32kg
Sumo technique loose suit and belt 3x1 @ 225kg

Lost a little of my work capacity since the taper, so was pretty tired doing this session. Should be back to normal next week.
» Rob Palmer's Road to 900 (Go to post)01-08-2011 @ 17:59 
Cheers everyone, I think personally I would really struggle to get that heavy without changing to a different style of training. Pretty much topped out at 86-7 and just got fatter! Theres still a few areas that could do with a touch more muscle though but I think I am in the middle of the weight classes naturally. May go into the English heavy but will wait and see, just want to get stuck into some training.
» Rob Palmer's Road to 900 (Go to post)01-08-2011 @ 17:51 
Leggiez said:Brilliant write up m8 , really had me laughing with the ghandis flip flop covered in sand , i could almost imagine what you were going through with the descriptions! Brilliant squatting to start with , gutted that you bombed out on the bench , really s**tty way to lose out to Tom after all the banter thats been going on.Onwards and upwards to the All Englands , hopefully the best man will win on merit this time.

Thanks mate, looking forward to the all englands, 8 weeks to go!
» Rob Palmer's Road to 900 (Go to post)01-08-2011 @ 17:49 
BigMacca said:Hard luck at the weekend Rob,

Getting a little too heavy and having to sweat out bucket loads just before lifting is one of my least favourite things to do Unhappy

Some real positives to be taken from the squat though Cool

Cheers Macca, thanks for feeling my pain mate!
Squatting felt real good on saturday, everything from perceived weight on my back to positioning, knee flare it was all good.
Get yourself a squat suit mate, please you would love it. You could set such a squat record. If I end up having it, it doesn't do it justice.
» Rob Palmer's Road to 900 (Go to post)01-08-2011 @ 11:50 
Paul_D said:Awesome write up Rob, good luck with the training towards regaining that record.

Cheers bro, nice avatar!
You look a bit like a ginger jean claude van damme, has anyone ever told you that?
» Rob Palmer's Road to 900 (Go to post)01-08-2011 @ 11:49 
shanejer said:good write up rob! unlucky with the bench, is your shirt so tight that you have to open on 227,5 then?? i would of thought it be "wise" to do a 210 or something first to make sure you had a lift in! but i know f**k al really lol

good squat mate what do you mean by didn't last long? some other f**ker break it lol

Cheers mate, the shirts my looser competition shirt, a supposed guaranteed easy touch to the chest! I just got to fat and didn't factor that in. At a squad session I've benched 247.5 in that shirt, maybe should have gone bigger than 232?

The record lasted 45 odd minutes until I bombed.
» Rob Palmer's Road to 900 (Go to post)01-08-2011 @ 10:59 
GBPF British Comp Report.

Where to start.......................
Thursday 28th July
BW: 86.5
Panic Level: High
Just came back from a training camp with work which obviously did not lend itself well to training or nutrition, didn't really get chance to weigh myself over that week but had started hyperhydration anyway. Bodyweight was a bit of a suprise as that is super heavy for me in the morning and the panic began to set in. But still had to keep going with the water manipulation.

Friday 29th July
BW: 86
Panic Level: Moderate
Aim for the day............drink till 6pm then cut all fluids, eat like a pigeon (if they ate white fish and broccoli)

Saturday Morning Comp Day!
BW: 84.5
Panic Level: Moderate
Thirst Level: Moderate
Aim for the morning............jump on girlfriends treadmill and walk with a bin bag and lots of clothes on for 30 mins (this should shed some weight)

Saturday Morning Post Treadmill
BW: 84.5
Panic Level: Getting Desperate
Thirst Level: Moderate
Aim for the drive to Coventry..............wear the bin bag don't open the windows (a normal 2 hour drive will knock 0.5-6kg off me so I assumed that the binbag would be greater)

Saturday Morning 11.25am
BW: 83.9
Panic Level: High
Thirst Level: Jesus's flipflop
Aim for the next hour.............crosstrainer in my now minging bin bag for 20 mins!

Saturday 12.10pm
BW: 83.2
Panic Level: Sky High
Thirst Level: Ghandi's Flipflop
Aim for next 10 mins.............as above minus 10 mins

Saturday 12.20 ish
BW: 83
Panic Level: Low
Thirst Level: Ghandi Flipflop covered in sand.
Aim for next 30 mins drink my drink and eat my cashews.

Squats:
Warmup was pretty good knew I was last out so could take my time a bit.
Went
80 x 5
120 x 3
120 x 1
Suit Bottoms on
180 x 1
Straps up belt on
230 x 1 (really high)
270 x 1 (still high)
Straps up, belt on, knee wraps on.
290 x 1 (1-2 inches high but felt solid)

Platform
310 All good, got my mate to call me up so there were no mistakes in that department, didn't feel mega fast but there was no real sticking point either so we went.....
320 Small sticking point but drove through. Others thought I should go an extra 7.5kg but I wanted to try the new standard for the 83 class which is 322.5 so i went....
322.5 Upper back collapsed a little which made the sticking point a bit harder, but when I knew I was through it, I turned the burners off and had a little smile to myself. Never thought I would hold a squat record! Turns out it wouldn't be for long!

At this point I was 17.5kg up on Tom and in my mind in control of the competition. I had to try and give myself a 60kg buffer leading up to the deadlift incase he pulled out a monster!

Bench Press
Warmup
100 x 3
120 x 2
150 x 1

Shirt on (Super Katana 44 my banker for an easy touch)
180 x 1
200 x 1
215 x 1 (bar stopped about 2 inches from my chest, paused it for a second and it flew up. I though I could be on for something big with the speed of that one)

Platform
227.5 Lift out was spot on, weight felt good in my hands. On the descent something that hasn't happened to me ever happened! As I got the bar to my chest I felt I was gonna pass out, tried my hardest to stay with it till the press command but was pretty much gone so just got it off my chest and that was that.
Knew I would have to go heavier to stretch the shirt more so i went.......
232.5 Tried adjusting the shirt but it felt so tight around my arms it wouldn't budge at all. The bench was as above.........so i went..........
232.5 Again, Again tried to pull it up and soaked it in water to help it stretch a bit. This was the best of the three in terms of tightness but it was too little too late, still felt out of it and stalled half way up. Don't really remember much of the rep, other than I knew what it meant to fail it.

Bombed out! First time since starting lifting, knew it would happen one day, just didn't want it to be at a national championships. After all my talking I basically handed a victory to Tom on a plate, which hurts a lot. Because after this weekends internet musings by him I've decided that we are no longer BFF's! And its the second competition that I have been to with him there, where I have witnessed him basically talking through everyones lifting and not applauding a single thing all day (top bloke, I can see why you all like him so much).

Anyway decided that I would deadlift.

Warmup
Suit Bottoms and Belt on
170 x 1
230 x 1
Straps up
270 x 1 (felt ok not great)

Platform
290 Solid enough didn't really get any kind of buzz going onto the platform. Actually felt a little stupid!
Thought after this I would have a crack at a comp pb, nothing to lose, something small to gain.

305 Fake shout on the platform to make myself think I was switched on, got to around my knee and just lost interest.

No third atempt.

Not the best weekend I've ever had but learnt a few things,
1: I let myself get too fat by not following the diet properly.
2: Need to be on top of my weight so getting down isn't an absolute mission, after 30 mins on a cross trainer in a bin bag and then trying to lift is not fun.
3: Need to invest in an eleiko bar fo pulling with, fels so much different than my training bars.

Next comp will be the All Englands, where I will attempt to claim back my British Record Total.
I will have my vengeance in this life or the next!
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)01-08-2011 @ 10:01 
Congratulations Tom, a very deserved win and records.

I will talk with you again at the squads about calling me a c**t and telling me to shut my mouth.
» Help Tom Martin Make Weight For Saturday. (Go to post)28-07-2011 @ 09:44 
Tom_Martin said:
How much does one irritating little c**t weigh?.

Anywhere between 83-86kg!
» 330kg deadlift, 100kg bodyweight, IPF bar (Go to post)28-07-2011 @ 09:18 
Good work Bradders!
Foocking have some of that!!!
When is the comp?

You are here: HomeForumrobpalmer1 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions