Who's Online - 1 member and 227 guests
You are here: HomeForumrobpalmer1 → View All Posts

View All Posts: robpalmer1

» 330kg deadlift, 100kg bodyweight, IPF bar (Go to post)28-07-2011 @ 09:17 
Good work Bradders!
Foocking have some of that!!!
When is the comp?
» Help Tom Martin Make Weight For Saturday. (Go to post)28-07-2011 @ 09:14 
Ask all the wildlife that lives in your hair to move out for the weekend.
I think a hedgehog weighs around 1/2 kg!
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)26-07-2011 @ 09:01 
JC said:Lovely pulling

In an ideal world, what would the 3rd lift be on DL (if Tom is already beat etc.)

That does sound like the ideal world!
» Macca's Log of Power! (Go to post)25-07-2011 @ 14:09 
Nice lifting Macca,
Sounds like a tough build-up losing sleep etc. Glad your gonna focus on pl for the time being. Should see a huge squat by the end of the year.
» Rob Palmer's Road to 900 (Go to post)22-07-2011 @ 22:04 
Last few training sessions.

Squat FMJ
x1 @ 320,330 (not mega fast but pretty comfortable)

Deadlift (straps up)
x1 @ 270,300 (really fast all good in the hood)

Bench
Raw x1 @ 195
Loose Shirt Tekkers 3x1@ 190

Paused Box Squat Belt Only 210 x 1
130 3x3

Bench Press
Raw
2's Paused @ 180
Loose Shirt on
190 3x1

Not much else done over the last couple of days, been on training camp with the club.

Can't wait to lift.

And whoever wrote that under my name.....................how did you know what I was thinking?
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)21-07-2011 @ 20:52 
Post Edited: 21.07.2011 @ 20:55 PM by robpalmer1
How do you put pictures in?
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)21-07-2011 @ 20:27 
My pride wouldn't be dented, whoever wins will have to do a really decent total, so naturally the guy in 2nd will have a similar total.
Tom your great for me, I've never trained with as much focus as I have over the last year, obviously I don't want to lose but if I do I will be gracious in defeat.
Just trying to build the hype, want loads of people to come and watch the British!

I will finish with...............

Tom you have smelly chat!!
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)21-07-2011 @ 18:18 
Tom_Martin said:
It's a shame you couldn't meet the new standards though isn't it...

All in good time.
Good chatting with you, I'm going to get some food now.
See you at the weigh in, hope the rest of your taper goes well.
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)21-07-2011 @ 18:09 
Tom_Martin said:
It must look good next to your British Record certificate too?
I have one of those as well....it looks good next to my Commonwealth Record certificate. And my European Record Certificate. And my World Record certificate.

You are an unfortunate victim of circumstance mate, no change in weight classes=no certificates.
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)21-07-2011 @ 18:04 
Tom_Martin said:
well its probably because you're not such a dick in person, and I've always tried to be nice...
it does strike me as odd that someone who is currently quite comfortably in front of me on total would feel the need
to belittle me and try assert his dominance every chance he gets? After all, i never heard any of this s**t when i was totalling 700, feeling a bit threatened and insecure Rob?
Well not to worry, I don't mind playing along, because at the end of the day, YOU'RE the one with everything to lose, and I'm not the one that will look like a t**t for starting all this s**t when time finally does catch up with you. As young as you might be in this game, you've still got at least 5 years more training experience on me, and i recon i have quite a considerable headstart on you if we compare with what you were doing after 1 year.
On another note, i'd hang on to that world gold medal if i were you, times have moved on and it might be a bit harder to get another bench press gold don't you think? bench press medals are a bit weak anyway when you think about what the guys press in the bench press only competitions. why don't you enter one of those?
I can sort of understand why you might be a bit bitter with me though, it must sting to be the better powerlifter, and have a LOT less people give a s**t about your achievements...
So maybe you will win the British, who knows, but just have a think about these points while i continue to close the gap, although judging by your change in attitude towards me since i started in the sport, i suspect it's already been playing on your mind...

Yawn!
Got bored half way through, you can tell me what you wrote next week.
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)21-07-2011 @ 12:26 
JackRevans said:Haha roasted

Are you Tom's hair twin?
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)21-07-2011 @ 12:26 
Tom_Martin said:AND make sure you post a video up on youtube of the awesome total you're going to get.... I'll put one up of just my opening deadlift, we'll see who gets the most views... but NO using my name in the tags just to get your video appearing in things people actually search for!

Good banter Tom, shame that in person your chat is rubbish!

I've already thought of the title for my next video "Rob Palmer defeats 'you know who' @ British Championships". Should get myself a few Harry Potter fans looking by accident
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)21-07-2011 @ 11:36 
Tom_Martin said:
What colour was the one you won at the Europeans Rob?

I think it was bronze! Looks real good next to my World Gold!
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)20-07-2011 @ 23:29 
Tom_Martin said:JC it's next saturday....

Did some training today. Deadlifted a piss easy 330 and no Rob it wasn't on Olympic equipment. That'll be my opener then...

What do you want a medal!?

I'll let you have a silver one!!
» Rob Palmer's Road to 900 (Go to post)14-07-2011 @ 12:10 
Yesterdays Training
Paused Box Squat 5x3@ 160kg
Bench Press (Loose Shirt) x1@ 190,210,220
Deadlift Technique 5x3@180kg

You are here: HomeForumrobpalmer1 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions